The Eve of the feast!

When I got back from class this morning i checked my away messages and my sister left me this. I thought it was funny so i had to share.

HoLLa5BaByGirL: Are u awake, Monkey?

Auto response from Elated Mushroom: 'No matter how dark
the night morning always comes and our journey begins anew"

HoLLa5BaByGirL: :-( Guess what I was thinking about last night? 2nite is the Eve of The Feast! =-O There is an eclipse 2nite (around 10:24 p.m.) and in 6 days, the
Time of Eternity begins and a "King" will be chosen. Bush better fuckin lose. :'(

Shes such a crack head but it did make me laugh

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
Bubbles Float High said:
My mum mentioned this to me earlier.. She told me the moon will most likely turn orange, copper, or blood red.

yeah i see moons like that all the time. it's bigger than usual and starts off really bright yellow, then gradually turns to orange and then red as it descends. i saw it once on the beach late at night. it was awesome.

slann, your sister sounds crazy as hell but at least she knows better than to vote for bush.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Fuck, I was beaten to the post. Yea, right now, the moon gets reddish outlined, and the first think I thought of was BERSERK.

Im serious, here in Houston Texas, the earth is supposed to block the sunlight from the moon for about 3 hours, giving the moon this eerie blood red outline. Maybe Kerry sacrificed Edwards, and is about to dethrone Bush?!?!

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
Actually, that's what it's like here too. (Suburbs of Chicago.) It reminds me of a beherit.

yeah i see moons like that all the time. it's bigger than usual and starts off really bright yellow, then gradually turns to orange and then red as it descends. i saw it once on the beach late at night. it was awesome.
I think you're talking about the Harvest moon.. That happens every few months or so when it's HUGE and orange and pretty close to the ground lookin(?). But the next time this will happen is 2017 I believe.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I have the sudden urge to play troll and IM those people.

go for it im alwayz on but my sister like never is.

it was weird but it looked so tiny here. My roomie had to like observe it for 10 minutes for her AST. class so we sat in the cold and watched it. Twas weird but not worth the cold.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
But it wasn't the right kind of eclipse, it was lunar.  (I understand it's the thought that counts, but details, details...)

The moon doesn't just get red during these, it usually almost disappears (during the totality part anyway).  And the next one will be in March 2007 from what I can find.

*Astronomy geek.*   ;D

Top Bottom