Voting.

Did you vote in this election?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Ok, only two options to make things easy. So who voted?

Edit: Crap! Forgot the "I'm from some other country I can't vote." option.

I think people will get the idea that it's a poll for the US president.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I'll be voteing a little later today despite the fact that I live in a thaught-forsaken state that is so blindly republican that my vote will never have a chance of haveing any real impact.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Majin Tenshi said:
I'll be voteing a little later today despite the fact that I live in a thaught-forsaken state that is so blindly republican that my vote will never have a chance of haveing any real impact. 

I hear ya man. I so hear ya. Voted during my lunch break! 8)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Majin Tenshi said:

Change republican to democrat, then that would be my states problem.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I live in California; neither candidate even bothers to run political ads here because they both know the Democrat is going to win the state (thanks electoral college). And since it doesn't matter, I rather avoid having to admit I voted for either of these guys someday. I seriously can't pick one I like better over the other... actually, I can, I like Bush more, I know with him in office I'll always be entertained, he's like some old time Texas gunslinger that stepped into another dimension and somehow ended up the President of the United States. And Dubya: The Second Term would probably scare the World shitless. Just imagine that he's actually been holding back this whole time. Wow. But, Kerry is probably a better more well-rounded human being, and would probably do better solving our problems here at home and making friends abroad (i.e. be a better President). So, I'm going to sit back, relax, watch the Laker game tonight, and find out who the Supreme court elected President in the morning. Or Hell, maybe I will go out and vote. ;D

If only Arnold were running...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I have to agree with you when it comes to voteing for President. Maryland will go to Kerry either way. But I only voted to because well I could. That and who wouldn't vote for a guy named Duckworth? He has duck in his name which is awesome.

BiQ_

" ... "
I'm not american; therefore I'll refrain from answering the poll.

However, could somebody tell me what is the whole business with the voter registration thing? I don't see any point in forcing people to first do something just to get themselves the ability to vote, other than crippling the voting activity. I mean, where I live, (Finland) every adult citizen is automatically able to vote, they just have to visit their nearest voting booth where they have the list of all vote-eligible people living in that area...

Is it something about tinfoil hats and thought of giving authorities the ability to have a list of vote-eligible people living in certain area?

Of course, this relies on the fact that public records about who lives and where are actually somewhat reliable.

Will vote later today. I guess its choosing the lesser evil.. but like griffith said in democrats have california in the bag. Still there are many propositions and some of them are important...

Hey Griffith dude... just think.. if there are 10000 people who think like you then there might come a time that republicans will win in california (gasp! :eek:) I think heard that its not that lopsided here.. like 59-41% or something (of course that doesn't take the margin of error into account)

Any of you in Ohio.... Go vote!
go bearcats

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MaN said:
Hey Griffith dude... just think.. if there are 10000 people who think like you then there might come a time that republicans will win in california (gasp!  :eek:)

AHHHNOLD!!! See, then it would be interesting, because Arnold would have a shot at Cali if he ran, something no other Republican has going for him. ;D

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
BiQ-- said:
However, could somebody tell me what is the whole business with the voter registration thing? I don't see any point in forcing people to first do something just to get themselves the ability to vote, other than crippling the voting activity.

It's actually not that hard. I was registered to vote in less then 3 days. When you register to vote is says where you need to vote. IE, I live in Elkridge, Maryland. My town has a population of 22,042 people. It would take a long time if each polling place were to have everyone’s name and how would they known I didn’t vote twice [Well now it’s all done by computers]. So what they do is break down the town into sections and have you go to a certain one. When I was there they also had 5 people in an area where they look you up by last name [A to E, F to G, ect...]. Also, what about the people that have the same name as me, I'm assuming someone with my same last name wouldn’t be voting at the same place as me.

About why they don't automatically have you registered by the time you're 18. I'm assuming they want you to decide if you want to be able to vote or not. IE: That’s why we don't fine people for not voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom