Bush Wins!

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
me and 3 of my best friends all joined the millitary in 2003 and 2 of them are in iraq. im stuck in the air force working on the nuke silos and i could be cut from the Air Force because we are doing cut backs cause of the air force being over maned. some of my air force friends switched over to the army or marines so they can go fight in the war. belive it or not there are alot of people what would rather be fighting this war up close than be siting in some office some where pushing papers, enough infact that i doing this we would ever need a draft.  

i voted bush because hes the one that gives me my paycheck hes the one that gives me a yearly raise if kerry became pres. he would of cut more money and man power from the millitary. like body armor for the troops and do man power cuts and bonus cuts and with bonus cuts no one would want to reinlist and realy weaken this millitary at a time when we need the millitary to be strong.

also i just think kerry looks creepy

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The_Fetus_Ninja said:
I never said that they voted for Kerry because of P.Diddy.  Check the top of the page again Griff, that was Neoberserker.

Fetus_Ninja, I owe you a coke. I think what's really bothering me is that the greatness of Clinton is being lost again in these petty arguments where nobody seems to know what they're talking about. =)

Anyway, now that Bush Term II is under way, when's he going to bust out the nukes? He's got a mandate now, baby! 8)

BTW, does anyone care about how romantic the whole Bush thing is? After the Democrats defeat and humiliate his father, he beats them when they honestly should have been unbeatable, erases everything they did, defeats and captures the man that tried to kill his father, gets the second term his father was deprived of, gaining total Republican domination in the process, and basically retores the family's honor (all through a little thing called the Presidency of the United States of America A.K.A. the leader of the free world). Come on, it's like something out of a fairytale. :-*

Oh yeah, uh, Iraq, boo hoo, war sucks! :'(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
I think what's really bothering me is that the greatness of Clinton is being lost again in these petty arguments where nobody seems to know what they're talking about. =)

Yeah, he was the best US president ever since Kennedy.

Anyway, I think Arnold would be the best candidate for presidence right now, it's just too bad you guys have some rules that prevented him to take his functions :(.

I mean, he sure seemed to know how to take care of terrorists in Commando.

"Somewhere... somehow... someone's going to pay!"

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
GreatDoobieMan said:
i voted bush because hes the one that gives me my paycheck hes the one that gives me a yearly raise if kerry became pres. he would of cut more money and man power from the millitary. like body armor for the troops and do man power cuts and bonus cuts and with bonus cuts no one would want to reinlist and realy weaken this millitary at a time when we need the millitary to be strong.

also i just think kerry looks creepy
What about those who don't believe in the war? There's women and children and all sorts of people back here dying on the streets and we're worried about.. What? Wasn't Saddam caught? Why can't we solve the problems in our own country before we go around the world trying to help everyone while dying and falling into debt?

Griffith

Aazealh said:
"Somewhere... somehow... someone's going to pay!"

Funny, but I think that's our official stance on foreign policy. ;D

Bubbles Float High said:
What about those who don't believe in the war? There's women and children and all sorts of people back here dying on the streets and we're worried about.. What? Wasn't Saddam caught? Why can't we solve the problems in our own country before we go around the world trying to help everyone while dying and falling into debt?

Vote Arnold in '08. ;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Shouki Slann said:
They enlisted before the war. I know like 8 people who enlisted for school and the like before the war started. After the war started i know 2 people who enlisted out of wanting to fight for their country.

We'll see though thats all i can say on it.

If you were to go to each recruting station and take a look at the number of people waiting to go to boot camp [if you check Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy] it WILL be a large number of people. And then take a look at the number of people that already left for basic. You'll get somewhere between 100 to 300. Now if you were to go to each recruiting station you will see just about the same thing. That's A LOT of people going in during a war. Keep that in mind.

Unless we go heavily into debt, which Bush has done. Maybe you dont care, but when i grow up, Im gonna end up paying for Bush's mess.

Well, hopefully Bush will do something about Social Security. We can handle a few billion dollars out of pocket for a few years, but old people would never permit legitimate reform of who receives social security benefits, so we're inevitably going to screw ourselves over unless we change the way we handle the money.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
When im outa high school im joining. War or no War it doesnt matter to me. We cant just invade iraq and leave we have to set up a stable country and the iraq people need to be free and safe. War isnt flowers and sugar you will see alot of death and destruction why dont people seem to realize this. great doobie man, griffith no more, and vhb i like what you guys have to say.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

I guess the mayority of the american people will not care about a president who lied to them to go to war and helped drop the economy as long as he shows strong "moral values"

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I was talking with my fiance last night about the election and I think we both came to the conclusion that the American people still haven't quite healed completely from the repercussions of 9/11. I think there are still many people who think that after that incident, things were starting to fall apart at the seams. There are many people who wanted to preserve the things that they hold dear to them such as security, faith and morals. I'm not going to voice my opinion on whether one party or another would have done a better job at running the country, but I will say that I think a majority of the voters wanted someone who had dealt with the horrors of 9/11 and knew how to react to it and deal with it. I think my fiance phrased it best when he commented that he thinks the country is suffering from Post-traumatic stress disorder from 9/11. Researchers still won't know for many years how much that single event will shape the world, but in my opinion, I think it shaped this election.

pheonixfenix said:
My grandchildren will be paying for the debts incurred by the Bush administration. So will yours. America's future is quite bleak with Bush at the helm.

The world hates us for invading Iraq.
Our 200 billion dollar surplus has turned into a 500 billion dollar deficit (talk about fiscal responsibility... ::))
Iran and NK are actively seeking nuclear capabilities.

and well don't forget the 100,000 casualties as a result of invasion in Iraq. I guess their lives are not worth that much.
I am talking solace in the fact that may be now all the people will be able to see the end of the mess there and then know for them selves that Bush is a donkey. (That is a big insult in arabic  :eek:)

AM I ON CRACK!?
I feel like I've been living in a different world than everyone else.
I really can not comprehend it, and whenever i think im getting over this something comes up that makes me upset again. In history the professor was talking about how he felt things in this country will probably get much worse before anything good happens. When he started talking about the patriot act and the patriot act 2 i was very glad the lights were off because I had tears in my eyes.

Please tell me someone, anyone, what good has happened in the past four years!?
I have asked so many people that question and i get no answer, and yet, here bush is back for another four years.

The ones who voted for bush. We all got into it in critical thinking today mainly over the war and so then one girl was like well there were other reasons for voting him back into office other than the war and I asked her well what had he done thats good for america in the last four years thats good?

All they could say to me is well now abortion can be outlawed or he removed Saddam and im sorry for me that doesnt cut it and maybe thats just it that its unjustifiable to me but i dont know.

I even asked here on the board yesterday and still no answer. I just want to get an answer that doesnt sound like bullshit or isnt so easily negatable. Im not being sarcastic or anything like that im dead serious. This is confusing to me.

Honestly the part that upset me most is not so much that he won but the fact that he won what seems to be fairly. Theres certainly no debating that he had the majority of the pop votes so why. If so many people voted for him, Tell me,  Why?!?! Its driving me insane.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY

but to most of my religious friends it means the world to them and ive debated about it with them so much that theres no point in even talking about it with them anymore. They dont want to hear any other view other than its murder its murder. and then they say things like oh well by voting for bush we are saving innocent lives and to that I say war and they say its different and i say how and then they things like well more lives will be protected.

the logic makes no sense to me
It doesnt.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
it's a shitty thing. instead of abortion being outlawed why not just make vasectomies mandatory?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Shouki Slann said:
The ones who voted for bush. We all got into it in critical thinking today mainly over the war and so then one girl was like well there were other reasons for voting him back into office other than the war and I asked her well what had he done thats good for america in the last four years thats good?

All they could say to me is well now abortion can be outlawed or he removed Saddam and im sorry for me that doesnt cut it and maybe thats just it that its unjustifiable to me but i dont know.

I thought you said you didn't get an answer.  :p
Aside from that, in their personal opinion banning partial birth-abortion and capturing Saddam are good things. Politics is just a lot of opinion, you voted for Kerry because you believe he will do better. That's an opinion. Someone else voted for Bush for the same reason. Because it's an opinion.

I just want to get an answer that doesnt sound like bullshit or isnt so easily negatable.

Most answers you get will sound that way. Unless you have one thing you like about Bush, it'll sound like bull shit.

Tell me,  Why?!?! Its driving me insane.

I'm not God so don't ask me, if you want an answer go ask 10 other people that are not in your class why they voted Bush.

I mean but looking at things in the past four years, The economy, the treatment of the environment, international relations, and domestic policies, and things like the patriot act, and all the lies and corruption I dont get why people think that bush will do good. Or is that they are happy with things the way they are. Or did they think that kerry would make things worse than the man who made them bad in the first place.

Makes no sense to me.

Griffith

Shouki Slann said:
I mean but looking at things in the past four years, The economy, the treatment of the environment, international relations, and domestic policies, and things like the patriot act, and all the lies and corruption I dont get why people think that bush will do good. Or is that they are happy with things the way they are. Or did they think that kerry would make things worse than the man who made them bad in the first place.

Makes no sense to me.

You have to be alive to care about those things, and people feel safer with Bush. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying.

Shouki Slann said:
AM I ON CRACK!?
I feel like I've been living in a different world than everyone else.
I really can not comprehend it, and whenever i think im getting over this something comes up that makes me upset again. In history the professor was talking about how he felt things in this country will probably get much worse before anything good happens. When he started talking about the patriot act and the patriot act 2 i was very glad the lights were off because I had tears in my eyes.

I think, for the most part, you have been. Not to be insulting, but if you're going to college you're in an extremely intellectually sheltered environment. You probably don't live in quite the cesspool of mental stagnation that I do, but on the day of 9/11 I heard people making the claim that the United States deserved it.

I don't know where you live, but I suggest you spend some time in a nice southern community. I've lived in both the north and south, and of course I'm overgeneralizing here, but the north has a really self-destructive culture. I don't think it's a surprise, given that, that a big portion of the northern Democratic party has this eschatological obsession with Bush. Look, Bush and Kerry have like .1% of a difference between them, it's not going to be the end of the world either way. Yet people get worked up like it's going to be. Nope.
My response to that is, Look, you're not the chosen people, the elect, or whatever. You don't have a divine right to the throne of the United States like you seem to think. Go and take a walk outside and enjoy the nice fall weather, have a nice Thanksgiving as an American and forget about all the anger for a change.

NeoBerserker said:
Its all right you can stand behind me as i plow down all that is in front of me

anybody hear that 98% of black people voted for John Kerry? All thanks to vote or die, yeah right... damn conformists

I'm sorry i made it sound like that all black people voted for Kerry, i know they didn't and i have friends (who are black) and also call this vote or die stuff all bullshit, i just wanted to bring up an interesting statistic, you can't deny that the vote or die campaign has changed some views on who to vote, i hear it every day in school said by black people themselves. Why do you have to jump to such conclusions?

Denial said:
I think, for the most part, you have been. Not to be insulting, but if you're going to college you're in an extremely intellectually sheltered environment.

I grew up in the city of rochester and attended a rather expensive private school. My family however is by no means rich not even close. We are like lower middle class. I was only able really to attend because of scholarships. I have been exposed to many diffrent environments believe me. Oh and i just started college in August, so i havent been in this environment for long at all.

Denial said:
You probably don't live in quite the cesspool of mental stagnation that I do, but on the day of 9/11 I heard people making the claim that the United States deserved it.

Yea so did I. Im not sure i get the point of stating that.

Denial said:
I don't know where you live, but I suggest you spend some time in a nice southern community. I've lived in both the north and south, and of course I'm overgeneralizing here, but the north has a really self-destructive culture.

We have a self destructive culture? I think you are overgeneralizing. Please do evaluate that one.Both of my parents are actually from the south. As of late i have spent quite a bit of time in georgia. My father and aunt moved back down there and when they send us tickets to go or one of my aunts or uncles drives down we sometimes go visit. Is the culture different? Yes... but i dont think its anymore self destructive up north then it is in the south however not that ive been exposed to all southern culture, but you have not that you have been exposed to all nothern culture have you?

It seems to me like your hinting that The North and South are to totally different cultures and that southern culture is better some how since that of the north is "self destuctive". hmmm that relates to something you said later on.

Denial said:
I don't think it's a surprise, given that, that a big portion of the northern Democratic party has this eschatological obsession with Bush.

Um Yea bush does a lot to do with whats going to happen with the worlds destiny. Im not saying he going to end it but look at how drasticly he has changed it already.He holds a lot of power.

Denial said:
Look, Bush and Kerry have like .1% of a difference between them,

Yea economicly and maybe in age and the fact that both went to yale. However here is the difference. Bush already ran one term and screwed up the country, Kerry did not.

Denial said:
it's not going to be the end of the world either way. Yet people get worked up like it's going to be. Nope.

Not saying that at all.Are there some who feel that way yea im sure there are but i am not one of them. I just know that this is the end of America as we know it. Will it still be around yes just a hell of a lot different. America does not represent and stand for at all what it supposedly once stood for. If anything we are becoming the exact oposite.
Liberty and justice for all... uh again PATRIOT act.

Denial said:
My response to that is, Look, you're not the chosen people, the elect, or whatever. You don't have a divine right to the throne of the United States like you seem to think.

Where did you pull that from. I dont think i am divine or elect or that my views should be imposed on everyone.
It just seems to me that looking at the facts, that it would seem to me that Kerry would clearly be the better pick for president then bush, because bush's actions concerning the economy, domestic policies, the environment and  international relations have ALL led this country into a very undesirable position.
What griffith said does make sense to me. I still dont think its right either. Mayhaps my thinking was warped in thinking that people look at all the issues the same way that i may have.I see that they dont or that if they do there are certain issues that are way more important to them. I dont approve of the way things went and wish people would have reflected on it more and but whatever not my call.

Denial said:
Go and take a walk outside and enjoy the nice fall weather, have a nice Thanksgiving as an American and forget about all the anger for a change.

See maybe this is my issue. Its not so easy  for me to sit around and be totally happy when i know how fucked up this country and the world is. I know that all the worlds troubles and Americas troubles can be attributed to bush however he has done like NOTHING to improve them. The way I see it we had a chance to atleast try to change things but we totally passed it up.  So great... "four more years of the same"

I'm sorry i made it sound like that all black people voted for Kerry, i know they didn't and i have friends (who are black) and also call this vote or die stuff all bullshit, i just wanted to bring up an interesting statistic, you can't deny that the vote or die campaign has changed some views on who to vote, i hear it every day in school said by black people themselves. Why do you have to jump to such conclusions?

I think it was the bolded parts.

anybody hear that 98% of black people voted for John Kerry? All thanks to vote or die, yeah right... damn conformists

Now im not saying that YOU ARE racist not at all; I dont think that, but that statement came across as racist.

Top Bottom