Modern US Military Propaganda hugs show biz X-files (Roswell again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air Force report calls for $7.5M to study psychic teleportation
By Dan Vergano, USA TODAY

Star Trek fans may be happy to hear that the Air Force has paid to study psychic teleportation.
But scientists aren't so thrilled.

The Air Force Research Lab's August "Teleportation Physics Report," posted earlier this week on the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) Web site, struck a raw nerve with physicists and critics of wasteful military spending.

In the report, author Eric Davis says psychic teleportation, moving yourself from location to location through mind powers, is "quite real and can be controlled." The 88-page report also reviews a range of teleportation concepts and experiments:

• Quantum teleportation, a technique demonstrated in the last decade that shifts the characteristics, but not the location, of sub-atomic particles at great distances.

• Wormholes, a highly theoretical possibility whereby the intense gravitational field near black holes could rip open entrances to distant locales.

• Psychokinesis, or psychic teleportation. In support of the idea, the report cites UFO reports, Soviet and Chinese studies of psychics and U.S. military studies of spoon-bending phenomena.

"It is in large part crackpot physics," says physicist Lawrence Krauss of Case Western Reserve University, author of The Physics of Star Trek, a book detailing the physical limits that prevent teleportation. He describes the Air Force report as "some things adapted from reasonable theoretical studies, and other things from nonsensical ones."

Some experts have long criticized what they see as a military sweet tooth for junk science. A "remote viewing" project, for example, undertaken by defense intelligence services and declassified in 1994, sought to see whether psychic powers could be employed to spy on the Soviet Union. The teleportation report "raises questions of scientific quality control at the Air Force," the FAS' Steven Aftergood says.

Davis, a physicist with Warp Drive Metrics of Las Vegas, couldn't be reached for comment. The Air Force paid $25,000 for the report, part of a $20.5 million advanced rocket and missile design contract. The report calls for $7.5 million to conduct psychic teleportation experiments.

"The views expressed in the report are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the Air Force, the Department of Defense or the U.S. Government," says an Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) statement sent to USA TODAY. "There are no plans by the AFRL Propulsion Directorate for additional funding on this contract."

Explaining why the lab sponsored the study, AFRL spokesman Ranney Adams said, "If we don't turn over stones, we don't know if we have missed something."

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Modern US Military Propaganda hugs show biz X-files

Neato. I want to see more spending on cool shit like that. Here's a question, when's the Gov going to wise up and strap a machine gun to one of those useless space shuttles? Better yet, lasers and some nukes to boot! TOP STORY: Middle East turned to glass crater! USA: "I didn't do it." *shrugs*

For the record, USA Today makes a handy asswipe if you don't mind getting bad journalisim all over your anus.

Griffith

xechnao said:
Money to spare?

Put it all into space I say. Real human progress. Better than supporting the fuckin' welfare state. If you can't get by, time to die. ;)

"Griffith No More!" said:
Put it all into space I say. Real human progress. Better than supporting the fuckin' welfare state. If you can't get by, time to die. ;)

How much do you give for welfare and how much for military allready?

Griffith

xechnao said:
How much do you give for welfare and how much for military allready?

Doesn't matter, all the money should be put into space exploration and colinization. With enough military included to "defend ourselves" ;) from any alien assholes we might run into. It'd be a shame if I big ole' comet hit this little floating rock and stopped us from feeding the poor. :'(

So let's rock it into space already.

Doesn't matter, all the money should be put into space exploration and colinization. With enough military included to "defend ourselves" ;) from any alien assholes we might run into. It'd be a shame if I big ole' comet hit this little floating rock and stopped us from feeding the poor. :'(

So let's rock it into space already.

Yeah, but this is fantasy, it doesn't exist (as it also can't exist nuking or rampaging middle east people)
Now, let's get real...what about stem cells?

Griffith

xechnao said:
Yeah, but this is fantasy, it doesn't exist (as it also can't exist nuking or rampaging middle east people)

I think my point was it should exist. Take your pick.

xechnao said:
Now, let's get real...what about stem cells?

You wanna live forever or something? zZzzZZZzzzzz

I think my point was it should exist. Take your pick.
Yeah, but it doesn't...reallity and sci-fi two different things...we are talking about reallity now

You wanna live forever or something? zZzzZZZzzzzz

Should we screw up medicine?

Griffith

xechnao said:
Yeah, but it doesn't...reallity and sci-fi two different things...we are talking about reallity now

Reality right now: you are a boring meat popsicle.

xechnao said:
Should we screw up medicine?

By all means no, as a matter fact I'm personally researching abortion past the 100th trimester. Wanna be my test patient? ;)

Reality right now: you are a boring meat popsicle.
Lie:
Proof- why do you bother?

By all means no, as a matter fact I'm personally researching abortion past the 100th trimester. Wanna be my test patient? ;)

You are screwing the conversation when you have nothing to say when you don't like what it's been said:
I address you bad discussion manners

Griffith

xechnao said:
Lie:
Proof- why do you bother?

I'm drunk and you're bored.

Why do you bother? Shouldn't you be out putting your money where your mouth is? Go make a difference in the world big boy, leave us little people behind. =)

xechnao said:
You are screwing the conversation when you have nothing to say when you don't like what it's been said:
I address you bad discussion manners

Og strikes again.

I'm drunk
heh, so this is the alcohol speaking?

Why do you bother? Shouldn't you be out putting your money where your mouth is? Go make a difference in the world big boy,

Yes, but I have to take you with me

leave us little people behind. =)
You are not little

Og strikes again.

You are dealling with that

Griffith

xechnao said:
Yes, but I have to take you with me

I think you're turning me into a kill crazy Republican actually. Better go help others so I can go back to being and ever loving peacemonger.

Better go help others so I can go back to being and ever loving peacemonger.

Well, I started this thread
So, I guess you can go now ;)

Griffith

xechnao said:
Well, I started this thread
So, I guess you can go now  ;)

I rank higher in overall status; all threads belong to ME! Muhahaha 8)

No really, why are you wasting your time on the Internet whwn there's important work to be done in the World?

Save us Xech, we need you... elsewhere! ...sex now, bye.

No really, why are you wasting your time on the Internet whwn there's important work to be done in the World?

Because I have nothing better to do right now, stuck in a room with a PC on my face, waiting

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Because, what if you miss something import while waiting. Like a naked lady!  :eek:

I thought you were telling me that I should be waiting ::)
Anyway, I was stuck here...now it's time to go
I am on a mission, fighting US soldiers in Iraq
You will hear the about the loses in the news tonight [if they don't censor it that is] ;)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

xechnao said:
I am on a mission, fighting US soldiers in Iraq 
You will hear the about the loses in the news tonight [if they don't censor it that is]  ;)

Hmmm....
xechnaocopy.jpg

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Denial said:
Hahahaha!

Don't make me post a picture of one US soldier's head blown off literally...and fyi it ain't funny

BTW, how was Iraq this week? Did I ever tell you about how I was in the Dessert Strom? ;D

This week?...The show goes on.
I could declare victory every week, so what?
I want to see the conclusion of this and the final balance of the operation...this is what matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom