Halo II

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I heard it was an awsome game. I dont have an XBox. Thats why my keyboard was wet with tears when I learned Halo II was only for xbox right now. Did you like or dislike? And can anyone tell me when the PC verson is coming out?

Please dont spoil the game in this thread.

It's an awesome game.  Not the greatest, but awesome none the less.  The single player game is actual good with a more in depth story. 

But of course multiplayer is where it's at.  Every game type now has subtypes for example selecting Juggernaut takes you to a new list with different types of juggernaut like ninjanaut, dreadnaut, basic juggernaut, and a few others. 

The alien vehicles can accelerate in bursts, the ghost's have the longest acceleration.  Perfect for running people over. 

There are tons of new weapons to use.  Dual wielding is the shit.  The needeler actually doesn't suck this time around especially when using two.  It messes shit up, but I find the sub machine gun and pistol combo to really rock the house.  The new sword/energy blade weapon used in the right hands is a death dealing weapon for sure.  Two or three strikes with it drop an opponent.  And it's instand kill is very fast.  And with Xbox live you'll be able to download new multiplayer maps.

As for a PC release.  Don't hold you're breath.  If it's like Halo then you won't see it for another two or three years.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Its fun, the match finding really bites, single player i havent picked up much story yet. I'll see as I contuine though.

There was something missing about the Campaign In Halo II, the end SUCKED, and maybe the only reason to buy Halo II was to Frag Your Friends in two player mode. Xbox Live Is A waist of money for most games . What Are U Going to do With Halo II online?? Get Shot In the Back With A ShotGun By A Ten-Year-Old?? Or listen to some Noobie Talk About How Good He Is, And How You All Suck. Get Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate,(or Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow), Get xbox Live, And Know u Spent You money for a good reason.

------------------

-------------------------You Can Hold Two Guns. You Can Take Aliens Ships, You Can Have Those Beam Swords The Aliens Had In The First Halo. ----------------------

E

ELEKTROFUNK

halo 2 is better than the original but it still falls short of most first person shooters for the pc
example: battlefield vietnam, unreal tournament 2k4, call of duty and most likley half life 2 also. Anyhow I think it is a waste of money to pay for xbox live when playing online for most ps2 and pc games online is free.

Edit: Actually I did just find a couple of utilitys to play xbox online by other means here is one

http://www.xbconnect.com/downloads.php

will probably give halo 2 online later on this week with that

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
ELEKTROFUNK said:
halo 2 is better than the original but it still falls short of most first person shooters for the pc
example: battlefield vietnam, unreal tournament 2k4, call of duty and most likley half life 2 also. Anyhow I think it is a waste of money to pay for xbox live when playing online for most ps2 and pc games online is free.

Edit: Actually I did just find a couple of utilitys to play xbox online by other means here is one

http://www.xbconnect.com/downloads.php

will probably give halo 2 online later on this week with that
*Ignoring kid berserks post*

Ps2 online sucks, and has next to no games online. I don't like having to have some top of the line gaming computer to play the games I want. So xbox live is where I turn.

(Halo 2 now) The Single Player campaign is alot of fun, showcasing the new features and some good gun combos, and differentiating your perspective a little (if you catch my drift). But the ending does feel a little bit rushed and slightly anti-climatic, I'm definately hoping some of the story will be tied up in dl' content before the third comes out.

Of course, like many have said MP is where it's at, owning in the single player matches is fun, but nothing beats having guests in your custom games and playing with a bunch of friends online.

And my gamertag is: "Sir Crumpet" if anyone of you Live subscribers want to play.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

some of the ps2 online games that I know off:

Killzone
sw battlefront
(almost every sports game)
Rainbox six
burnout 3
Smackdown vs Raw
R & C up your arsenal
Syphon Filter
NFSU
NFSU2
THUG 1 & 2
SOCOM 1 & 2
Evercrack
FF XI
Splinter Cell pandora tomorow

Those are some of the games that I know off that are to be played online on the ps2 for free (except for Evercrack and FFXI)

One thing I also hate about Xbox Live is that they charge for many of the downloadable content to expand your game, when on PC this is done for free except for big expantions full of content.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
ELEKTROFUNK said:
One thing I also hate about Xbox Live is that they charge for many of the downloadable content to expand your game, when on PC this is done for free except for big expantions full of content.
I haven't had to pay for any downloadable content on Xbox yet, and I've gotten alot of it...

Also, I can't speak for everyone here, but most of the ps2 games on that list suck, and the ones that don't are FPS's that are inferior to Halo 2. FF11 was a big letdown, and Everquest is just a crummy broken version of a game that wasn't even that good in the first place.

Ratchet and Clank III looks good though.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Oh yea just incase it hasnt been mentioned. Make sure you dont have a modded XBOX or you will get banned from the Live server. A lot of people have had that happened so far. Its one of Halo II's little extra features.  :-*

E

ELEKTROFUNK

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Oh yea just incase it hasnt been mentioned. Make sure you dont have a modded XBOX or you will get banned from the Live server. A lot of people have had that happened so far. Its one of Halo II's little extra features.  :-*

if you can disable the chip before you try and play in the live servers you are good to go tho

ELEKTROFUNK said:
if you can disable the chip before you try and play in the live servers you are good to go tho

Not necessarily. They're getting better at detecting modded Xboxes with or without the chip on.

As for charging for DLC, DDR is the only game I remember seeing a fee. It was like $5 for 5 extra songs.

Top Bottom