Episode 248

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Saiki said:
Mule - But what do you plan on doing with these kids?

Sonja - Of course

page 18

Sonja - We'll take them back to our place
(omissis)
Sonja - And our leader isn't so stingy to complain about small things like this
(omissis)
Mule - Alright. Let's take them to the Hawks...

Now if Guts was hiding there already when Mule said this and he has good ears, he knows now who Mule and Sonja really are and that Griffith is nearby

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
roberto999 said:
Now if Guts was hiding there already when Mule said this and he has good ears, he knows now who Mule and Sonja really are and that Griffith is nearby

This discussion took place once they were outside of the town, so I don't think Guts followed and listened, and there aren't any spots where he could really hide anyway.

BiQ_

" ... "
I'm curious to see what happens when/if Azan meets up with Farneze and Serpico... is he going to try to persuade them to "come back home" or fight them as they're traitors/deserters/what-have-you or just shrug it off and utters something about youth of these days?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
BiQ-- said:
is he going to try to persuade them to "come back home" or fight them as they're traitors/deserters/what-have-you or just shrug  it off and utters something about youth of these days?

I have the strangest feeling he wouldn't care that they left. He'd probably see what's up.

Lol Aaz merge my post together it look weird...

Anyway...

Aazealh said:
This discussion took place once they were outside of the town, so I don't think Guts followed and listened, and there aren't any spots where he could really hide anyway.

I do suspect he did heard something though not all... I might be wrong but i dont feel it normal for Guts to be hiding in a corner and had this "......" expression

BiQ-- said:
I'm curious to see what happens when/if Azan meets up with Farnese and Serpico... is he going to try to persuade them to "come back home" or fight them as they're traitors/deserters/what-have-you or just shrug  it off and utters something about youth of these days?

He is probably going to join them  :D

Smith said:
By the way, what is Azan doing here? :p

Nothing... its a grand entry and that is about all that is. Here is my impression of how the story has moved forward in the last 4 episodes

talentpic3.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Nothing... its a grand entry and that is about all that is. Here is my impression of how the story has moved forward in the last 4 episodes

Yeah well you know what? We got your "impression" the first time you posted it, so stop repeating yourself already ("uhh, the wooden leg should make him float").

4 episodes of character development? Yeah it's useless, and it's about pointless, minor characters anyway. What we need is Guts killing his friends and fighting apostle after apostle until he reaches Griffith, that's what you mean?

not many people has mentioned the pirate yet, i was a bit disappointed that he wasn't all he's cracked up to be, i think he's so going to make a re-entrance sometime in the future. they can't just waste a new character like that.

azan coming back is pretty cool, i kinda weren't suprised, he showed that he is highly motivated earlier on lol.

there is something up with Gatz i think, i don't think it's because he doesn't wabt to meet with azan, there's more to that, i know for a fact he ain't the kind of person to pass on a sword swinging.

and finally as for schierke, im not sure, i don't think she's going to abandon gatz and co. but her curiosity may have the better of her. and i feel sorry for the kushan kids, they are all going to be hawk members now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy C said:
not many people has mentioned the pirate yet, i was a bit disappointed that he wasn't all he's cracked up to be, i think he's so going to make a re-entrance sometime in the future. they can't just waste a new character like that.

Seriously, he was all wrecked up from the start, missing a leg and all, it was obvious that he wouldn't live past this episode... I'll quote myself on it:

Aazealh said:
He probably can't take any blow from Guts, or even Serpico actually, and is just there as a kind of "boss" for the kids to fight against (remember the Troll Chieftain ?).

BiQ_

" ... "
Freddy C said:
there is something up with Guts i think, i don't think it's because he doesn't wabt to meet with azan, there's more to that, i know for a fact he ain't the kind of person to pass on a sword swinging.

In his current condition, I'd bet that he's very thankful for every opportunity to NOT fight and just get to the Elfhelm without too much attention. Which does not mean he'd hesitate to swing DS around a bit when situation necessitates.

Aazealh said:
4 episodes of character development? Yeah it's useless, and it's about pointless, minor characters anyway. What we need is Guts killing his friends and fighting apostle after apostle until he reaches Griffith, that's what you mean?

I don't know why you get offended with a little criticism. What wrong with saying that the some chapters are just not as good as others and I don't always care to see Guts fighting. In fact in some earlier chapters there was too much of apostle-slaying and very little character developlment.

What I meant was that Miura is introducing characters and then immediately dropping them (Captain) and i don't care what you say, the entry of Azan was very contrived. May be that was done to be humorous but I didn't think so.

I just hope that there is actually some point in saving the Kushan kids and entry of Azan and everyone meeting up but for now he is not telling us much....

BiQ-- said:
I'm curious to see what happens when/if Azan meets up with Farnese and Serpico... is he going to try to persuade them to "come back home" or fight them as they're traitors/deserters/what-have-you or just shrug  it off and utters something about youth of these days?

Just my speculation but most likely, Azan prolly reported that Farnazze and Serpico died at the tower.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
I don't know why you get offended with a little criticism. What wrong with saying that the some chapters are just not as good as others and I don't always care to see Guts fighting.

It's more like I'm bored after your 3rd post on the matter actually. And could you detail in what these episodes aren't as good as the previous ones please?

MaN said:
What I meant was that Miura is introducing characters and then immediately dropping them (Captain) and i don't care what you say, the entry of Azan was very contrived. May be that was done to be humorous but I didn't think so.

Boohoo, the uber pirate captain is gone already. :'( What, did you expect him to be an apostle?

As for Azan, well, I found it quite funny, and I think it's how Miura wanted it to be. It's not like he forgot how to make good character entrances after 15 years IMHO, but that's not your opinion, apparently.

MaN said:
I just hope that there is actually some point in saving the Kushan kids and entry of Azan and everyone meeting up but for now he is not telling us much....

Well, I think there's a point like there has been a point to 98% of what happened in the manga so far. Who knows though, maybe the story's gone to shit suddenly, I mean when was the last time Casca got raped? ::)

Aazealh said:
("uhh, the wooden leg should make him float").
That was meant to be funny too but I guess you are more interested in flaming ;D

It's not like he forgot how to make good character entrances after 15 years.
So in your opinion the reimmergence of any old character requires a grand entrance..

Well, I think there's a point like there has been a point to 98% of what happened in the manga so far.
Agreed. The bulk of 2% however coming from the last few volumes.

Aazealh said:
And could you detail in what these episodes aren't as good as the previous ones please?

Well for one thing that the story has somewhat shifted from being about Guts. May be that should be expected since Miura was always impressed with Guin Saga and in that too Kurimoto forgot about Guin in the middle of the story (for about 30 volumes!!). Small digressions are important for a good story but the whole plot should not digress.

You think it hasn't and I think it has, you think manga is still awesome and so do I so lets just leave it at that. Sorry mate!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
That was meant to be funny too but I guess you are more interested in flaming ;D

Isn't it a bit late to reply to that? ::) Great humor by the way.

MaN said:
So in your opinion the reimmergence of any old character requires a grand entrance..

It seems like you didn't understand what I meant in the line you quoted...

MaN said:
Agreed. The bulk of 2% however coming from the last few volumes.

That kind of stupid and provocative statement, lacking any form of argumentation, is the reason I replied to you in the first place. Your opinion isn't worth anything if you don't back it up with actual facts.

MaN said:
Well for one thing that the story has somewhat shifted from being about Guts.

That's not what I call a reason, and the story's still about Guts, even if he hasn't been on every page for 2 episodes (i.e. when Locus talks to Ganishka in Wyndham, it's not about Guts). Now you probably meant that he met people and actually *gasp* talked to them instead of trying to kill them? And now they get to be a part of the story (the problem being that it's not really new, that 9 volumes flashback totally digressed from the Black Swordsman Arc for example!), while all these good characters with a huge potential like the pirate captain are wasted!

MaN said:
Small digressions are important for a good story but the whole plot should not digress.

In what has the main plot digressed specifically in the recent episodes? Guts just reached Vritannis, the town he's been traveling to (in order to reach Elfhelm) for the last 6 volumes. He's got people with him now because he can't take care of Casca while alone, and he's been wounded while fighting against Slan. OMG the digression!

Can you tell me what's the main plot of Berserk anyway?

MaN said:
You think it hasn't and I think it has, you think manga is still awesome and so do I so lets just leave it at that. Sorry mate!

Let's leave it at the fact you won't post 5 times just to say you didn't like this episode while having no argumentation anymore. You can send me a PM if you care to go on arguing, constructively this time.

Boon

On the hilltop he cried, his red eyes made redder
Yab, you have a standing ovation from me. That's some brilliant work you have done on the colors. What did you use, Photoshop? Must have taken you heck of a lot of time. I tried a single frame and it was enough to exhaust me. :p

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
MaN said:
i don't care what you say, the entry of Azan was very contrived.
causality
cau·sal·i·ty ( P ) (kô-zl-t)
n. pl. cau·sal·i·ties
1. The principle of or relationship between cause and effect.
2. A causal agency, force, or quality.
3. The agency of a cause; the action or power of a cause, in producing its effect.
The causality of the divine mind. --Whewell.
4. (Phren.) The faculty of tracing effects to their causes. --G. Combe

Majin Tenshi said:
causality
cau·sal·i·ty    ( P )  (kô-zl-t)
n. pl. cau·sal·i·ties
1. The principle of or relationship between cause and effect.
2. A causal agency, force, or quality.
3. The agency of a cause; the action or power of a cause, in producing its effect.
The causality of the divine mind. --Whewell.
4.  (Phren.) The faculty of tracing effects to their causes. --G. Combe

0. Some things are caused.
1. Nothing can cause itself.
2. Therefore, everything that is caused is caused by something other than itself.
3. A causal chain cannot stretch infinitely backward in time.
4. If the causal chain cannot stretch infinitely backward in time, there must be a first cause.
5. The word God means uncaused first cause
6. Therefore, God exists...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmological_argument

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice but off topic and admittedly old and busted, plus fatally flawed. Let's try to keep the thread on rails please guys.

In an effort to do so: What do you guys think of the newborn rivalry between Mule and Isidro? Will Guts reveal himself to Azan? How will Schierke and Sonja react if they have to face each other later on?

Boon

On the hilltop he cried, his red eyes made redder
Aazealh said:
What do you guys think of the newborn rivalry between Mule and Isidro? How will Schierke and Sonja react if they have to face each other later on?

Very interesting. Now that you have pointed this out it would seem that the story is moving towards the direction of individual face-off in the final battle - Black vs White

Guts vs Griffith
Skullknight vs Zodd
Mule vs Isidro
Schierke vs Sonja
Caska vs ???
Hanafubuku vs ??? (Kushan King maybe)
Serpico vs ???
Azan vs ???
Farnazze vs ???

Top Bottom