Episode 248

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
why would she go just where she knows the Kushans are gonna attack!? That's the thing I was wondering about. :-\

Maybe she knew there was still time, maybe she felt it only after getting there, maybe she wanted to see the battle, many possible reasons... Don't forget that "fear" doesn't seem to be in her dictionary (make her blind and we've almost got daredevil ::)).

Kirika-chan said:
b) He thinks that Sonja might have been confused with a witch because she's such a weirdo (not entirely unlikely but not too likely either... she doesn't really look like a witch, I mean, the girl doesn't even wear a hat!)

But she has a special power, and says "weird things" to quote Mule himself. Enough in a town like Vritannis to pass for a witch in the eyes of a kid for example, especially now.

I think you got your explanation here, no need to get into something too complex.

Kirika-chan said:
Does Griffith consider Sonja a dragon, a duck or something in between (kite???).

I don't think Griffith classifies things like Sonja does, and I don't think he considers her as an apostle (dragon) or a common soldier (duck). More likely, she's a useful tool for him, no more, no less.

Kirika-chan said:
She considers herself a kite (in-between [although she think's it's even higher than dragons, I doubt it])

I think it's more subtle than that... She didn't say that she was stronger than apostles, or such a thing, but that she could "fly" in the same skies as the Hawk. I find it very interesting, and I think it relates directly to her ability.

Kirika-chan said:
If she really escaped to Viritanis in a fit of jealousy against her falcon's matrimony to the duck queen Charlotte, why would she be telling the story so happily?

She didn't seem that happy to me, at that precise moment, and then again: 

Kirika-chan said:
It could be that she's "just like that" all the time.

It's the most logical answer in the context.

Kirika-chan said:
she might think that offering him Schierke will earn her enough bonus points to change his mind on his choice of spouse. If she doesn't, it could still be because she think's that she can use the witch's powers to change either Charlotte, Griffith, herself or some other relevant factor so that she'll be the one he marries.

Far fetched, imho. Doesn't really fit the character.

Kirika-chan said:
Then she felt the power of the witch.

Well, it looks more like she actually saw it.

xechnao said:
Don't know japaneese but Olivier said that it was a "he" and not a "she"...

It's a matter of context actually, the word could mean either of them, but logically, it's supposed to refer to Isidro IMO.

Looks at the events in the past episodes, and even Sonja telling Mule "it's a secret" when he wonders about what happened, I don't think it would make sense for them to have plotted something.

Just the kids meeting each other, and working together, while they'll probably have to face each other later in the story. A good example of causality: looks unimportant right now, but you'll see, in 20 volumes!

Aazealh said:
Maybe she knew there was still time, maybe she felt it only after getting there, maybe she wanted to see the battle, many possible reasons... Don't forget that "fear" doesn't seem to be in her dictionary (make her blind and we've almost got daredevil ::)).

Yes you're right, I am probably trying too much to analyze Sonja as a normal person, even if it's true she has already shown before that her reactions, especially toward "fear", are not always those of a teenage girl! ::)

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Caska almost got burned at the stake for being a witch, and she didn't even have a pointy hat!

BTW, Mule seemed somewhat distraught when he asked Isidoro about the witch. Perhaps he was worried that Sonja (who hasn't shown any of the defensive ability of Schrieke) was taken for a witch. Seems plausible -- his concern--seeing as two women in the story have already been condemned as witches just because they acted weird and said weird things.

QUeeN typhonblue said:
Caska almost got burned at the stake for being a witch, and she didn't even have a pointy hat!

BTW, Mule seemed somewhat distraught when he asked Isidro about the witch. Perhaps he was worried that Sonja (who hasn't shown any of the defensive ability of Schierke) was taken for a witch. Seems plausible -- his concern--seeing as two women in the story have already been condemned as witches just because they acted weird and said weird things.

This is 245, and I believe this was clear allready  ;)

P

paradise_lost

Rhombaad said:
The more I think about it (which is either a good thing or a bad thing), the more it seems like Sonja is being a little "too" innocent and nice. Either she's genuinely being kind to Schierke because she wants to bring a witch to join up with the BotH, or she's tricking her into going to Griffith and getting killed (or tortured, who knows). Her expression creeps me out anyway, but I'm not going to call this one until we see more of the story....sniff...two more weeks :'(

U have to be right. I mean ... obviously we don't know so much about Sonja ... and more ... we actullay know nothing about Sonja ... could she be only "a good actress"?

::)

puella said:
Mule recognizes the elves. It just means he isn't blind- minded or something more? ::)

The answer to your question is inside words of the past ... "the levels are beginning to have a mixture together". Actually the differences between the levels are becoming very small and untouchable, so ... Mule-Myur is now able to see fairies ...

QUeeN typhonblue said:
...seeing as two women in the story have already been condemned as witches just because they acted weird and said weird things.

Um, well in Caska's case, she did kind of get worshiped as a witch at the heretic orgy. Her brand attracted spirits to possess all the guys into meat eating freaks, and the demon baby came to protect her by dispelling those spirits. Then Elene told Mozgus' goons that she was their leader when they were captured. So, I wouldn't say it's just for her acting strange.

paradise_lost said:
The answer to your question is inside words of the past ... "the levels are beginning to have a mixture together". Actually the differences between the levels are becoming very small and untouchable, so ... Mule-Myur is now able to see fairies ...
Yeah, and that's why the townfolks couldn't see Puck, huh?

puella

Berserk forever
Swordsman in Sable said:
Then Elene told Mozgus' goons that she was their leader when they were captured.

Tiny error. It's Nina. And Elene was the name the prostitutes called Casca since they didn't know her real name.

xechnao said:
Walter, I guess this Sonja bad girl stuff is first of all my take, at least I was the one that first posted this on the thread...and I did this cause Olivier's post made me think about it

So what, it was spoken of several times in the 246 thread.

It's not uncommon for characters that seem innocent and decent to have other motives, Griffith as a perfect example would seem like the protagonist in alot of other stories so with other motives mentioned, I can't help but be skeptical about Sonja.

I'm not saying it's likely personally, but plausable. Besides at this rate with Guts very well spying nearby could be a perfect excuse to save Schierke and cause some trouble in the castle should someone higher up in the Hawks team, regardless of Sonja's wishes try to eradicate her magic using threat.... then again Guts wouldn't need Schierke as an excuse to attack new Hawk members even if they don't bother her....

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
Yeah, and that's why the townfolks couldn't see Puck, huh?

Well, Olivier, maybe Mule-Myur is not that simple person that so many people is thinking he is. Maybe he is not a "townfolk" person, and of course, he isn't that kind of person. He is near Griffith, and near Sonja, and for sure, this stuff lets him able faster than other "townfolks" to see the different levels and the strong mixture the levels themselves are getting each one ...

;)

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
*sigh*

Well, yeah, maybe _that_'s the reason, huh? Just maybe?

Retard.

Well, comments are always good in my opinion. I know u are a good expert of Berserk, almost like I am. Than ... of course, maybe. I like to use the word maybe 'cause no one of us could be able to give a real answer to what Miura wants to let us understand. We can obviously speculate. And we do it. In our speculation, in my modest opinion we have to use the word maybe. I like to use it. I u don't, it's your stuff, it's not mine.

My answer is: maybe the reason why Mule-Myur is able to see Puck and Ivarella is that the levels are beginning to have a mixture, and he is one the people who for first is able to feel it.

And, of course, I'm not retarded, and I'm not I'm mental disorder. I'm only thinking.

Take care

;)

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
Not even that. You're just wasting oxygen.

... it's strange, 'cause in that case u could be my "brother in arms" ... but I don't think so, no problem ...

;)

P

paradise_lost

Sparnage said:
What, did these two used to fight alot in the past?

Well, it was a little bit like that in the past. But actually I'm here not to fight against Olivier or others, I'm here to speculate and give my opinions ... nothing more. Obviously, if Olivier wanna fight with me, I'll answer no problem, but I'll never be the first one to begin ...

Take care

::)

D

darkbane

Right, 248...

Am I the only one who thinks that Azan's reintroduction was a bit... pathetic? Ok so it was good for a cheap laugh but... really... Sleeping in full armor on a small boat like that... Actually I think someone already mentioned it, but there's so much trash in this thread that I can't find it right now.

Also, about a cigar sometimes being a cigar. People are reading too much into Sonia's behavior. She's most likely just inviting Shierke for friendship's sake, or to help her clear her mind in turn or something, that's all there is to it really. Anyone who thinks Sonia has sinister intentions here is probably reading too much Mi Ri Whang. ;D

But this is one hell of an annoying cliffhanger here... you'd think the obvious continuation would be a polite refusal. But I'm not convinced that she has yet understood that their 'leader' is the Hawk, especially since Mule was interrupted by Isidro just as he was naming the Hawks. She might just go along for awhile (would be irresponsible, but she's in a confused state of mind it seems, and she never had a real friend before).

Also, in vol 22 Shierke says that getting close to a source of such power (referring to the hawk of light) in her body would be dangerous. Wouldn't it be a problem for her to approach Griffith? Or am i misinterpreting her statement there.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
darkbane said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Azan's reintroduction was a bit... pathetic? Ok so it was good for a cheap laugh but... really... Sleeping in full armor on a small boat like that... Actually I think someone already mentioned it, but there's so much trash in this thread that I can't find it right now.

Yes. I don't see why people (two now I guess) give such a shit either way. Obviously it wasn't supposed to be the most serious dramatic moment in the series. It was good for Azan (why does everyone want every character to be taken so grim and seriously in every chapter, even when they weren't to begin with?) and fine for what it was; I think people are hampering their own enjoyment of the series for whatever problem they've got. Also, I find these comments equally useless, it's not real analysis, it's just, "That sucked." Okay, where do you want to go with that anyway? Why post it all... unless you want your mind changed? =)

So, you fail, read it again starting with the introduction of Azan into the series and tell me his re-introduction in 248 wasn't perfectly fitting for him.

darkbane said:
Also, about a cigar sometimes being a cigar. People are reading too much into Sonia's behavior.

I agree, Sonja has done nothing worth arguing about. It's all pretty cut and dry, she's interesting, yes, but so far not all that complicated.

darkbane said:
But this is one hell of an annoying cliffhanger here... you'd think the obvious continuation would be a polite refusal. But I'm not convinced that she has yet understood that their 'leader' is the Hawk, especially since Mule was interrupted by Isidro just as he was naming the Hawks. She might just go along for awhile (would be irresponsible, but she's in a confused state of mind it seems, and she never had a real friend before).

Well then I guess it's quite a well-crafted cliffhanger for what it's worth. =)

darkbane said:
Also, in vol 22 Schierke says that getting close to a source of such power (referring to the hawk of light) in her body would be dangerous. Wouldn't it be a problem for her to approach Griffith? Or am i misinterpreting her statement there.

I think that's if she gets too deep into the spiritual realm near him; since he reigns supreme there I guess he might absorb her some bullshit. ;D

Like what happened to her when she went inside Guts. Griff being a God and all probably has much more aura to worry about.

Top Bottom