Stun Guns... On Children?

There is nothing wrong with that column. There was no more civil way to do it. If I was the principal I would have had him over my knee regardless. Too bad they outlawed spanking... :'(

Seriously though, the child is what is rediculous about this story, not the taser.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
At first when I read the headline I was thinking how horrible.  Then after reading it, I can really see how justified the police were for using it.  The if they were to try to wrestle the kid and get the glass out of his hand, the kid could has easily cut himself or the police officer.  He probably didn't know where any major artiries were, but you don't have to really look in order to do some major damage with a shard of glass.  Also, image what it would have been like if the police officers had tried to wrestle the kid down and then broken his arm or even worst, accidently suffocated him   :eek:  

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
To far? Are you mad sir? They should have shot him.  ::)

I Think The Kid Just Needs Help. They Should Have Talk To Him To Make Him Stop. If That Didnt Work, Shoot Him With Those Buttles That Make Apes Fall Asleep. (Sorry But i Cant Spell That)

Jon Schaffer said:
You really think that a 6-year-old with a peice of glass would listen?

I Said
kid_berserk said:
If That Didnt Work, Shoot Him With Those Buttles That Make Apes Fall Asleep. (Sorry But i Cant Spell That)

so if talking Didnt work, they would shoot him with Those Buttles That Make Apes Fall Asleep. (Sorry But i Cant Spell That thing)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I think you're just having an irrational knee-jerk reaction to the word taser. First of all, they DID talk to him and he continued. Second of all, that's the EXACT same solution for all intents and purposes; except that tranq is potentially dangerous to small children if you don't get amount right, especially since I'm sure the shit they were packin' was meant for guys more in 200-300 pound range. And if they hit him with too little, maybe the kid cuts his eyes out before he goes beddy bye? That's if they had any on them at all. So you're more friendly, make all the pussies and soccer mom's happy while making the cops jobs harder solution could have ended up killing the kid. I like the more practical put-him-on-his-ass-for-his-own-good solution myself, but I'm a pragmatist.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
This case wouldn't worry me as much except that this is at least the second (third if I'm remembering correctly) that a young child has been tasered by police.  And in that incident, the child wasn't threatening anyone.  Seems they're kind of trigger happy with these things at times.

Griffith

kimchan said:
This case wouldn't worry me as much except that this is at least the second (third if I'm remembering correctly) that a young child has been tasered by police.  And in that incident, the child wasn't threatening anyone.  Seems they're kind of trigger happy with these things at times.

Why shouldn't they do it as often as it's called for? And he was threatening himself; should they let the kid kill himself because they're worried about the bad press they're going to get for trying to do their jobs?

Griffith

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/14/children.tasers/index.html

"I couldn't breathe, and I was, like, nervous, and I was scared at the same time," the girl told CNN.'

Scared AND nervous! Sounds like she'll never recover from the ordeal of the taser.

"If there's three officers, it's nothing to tell a 6-year-old holding a glass, if you feel threatened, 'Hey, here's a piece of candy, hey, here's a toy. Let the glass go,'" the boy's mother told CNN.'

It's nice to see a mother take responsibility for her fuckwad kid's insanity at 6 years old. Offer him candy and toys? Yeah, I think I see the problem.

"The boy's family said he vomited after the jolt."

You're breaking my fucking heart. ::)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Actully when I made this post, I saw it kinda as a joke.

"When the boy cut his own leg, one officer shocked him with a Taser and another grabbed him to prevent him from falling, police said."

So they tasered the kid, and then grabbed him to prevent him from falling. What was saved?

"Principal Maria Mason called 911 after the child broke a picture frame in her office and waved a piece of glass, holding a security guard back."

Ok, how can you not find a little 6 year old holding a 40 year old security guard NOT funny?  :p

Stewie_300.gif

DemonX said:
Actully when I made this post, I saw it kinda as a joke.

Ok, how can you not find a little 6 year old holding a 40 year old security guard NOT funny?  :p
well you said

What the fuck has this world come to, Stun guns used on a 6 year old and George Bush is reelected for president. Satan is surly preparing us for his arrival.
so how can we take it as a joke, but went you think about it, it is pretty funny, with the hole "little 6 year old holding a 40 year old security guard" ;D

I'm very against Police abusing their power but this kid was cutting himself with a piece of glass, and people are complaining of him getting hit with a Taser gun?!
I'm sure the Taser would be very painful, but it would still be less lethal than what he could have done to himself with a sharp piece of glass.

Fuck him.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I don't even know where that came from.  ???

I suppose that can be taken many ways, but by that I mean when they use unnecessary excessive force against the people they are meant to be taking in.
This stupid kid was threatening to hurt himself anyway, he might as well get a shock rather than cut himself worse so I have no sympathy in the slightest.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
they shoulda just let him kill himself. what is saving his life going to accomplish anyway?

best case scenario: he becomes a full-grown psychopath one day.

Top Bottom