San Andreas

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
At first I was very skeptical of this game, and I was like that until I progressed a bit, and then at one point I said to myself "Still GTA...good". Part of the issue of this game is the overwhelming hood worshiping throughout the first city, and the abundant usage of "fuck" and "nigga" that you think you're talking to some immature suburban 10 yr old dipshit who wishes he lived in the projects. These are points that bother me a bit as well, however the whole game isn't about you and yo homies trying to take down the rival gang. Flying's a bit easier in the game, and there are much better planes, and I feel some characters (such as Wu Zi, Truth, and Ceaser) are really likeable characters with alot of depth to them for such a game. It has alot of nice new features, and alot of new stuff that will frustrate you till you throw the controller down and say "why can't I _____!!!!!". Thats all I have to say on it for now.

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.
I'm enjoying the game, I suppose.  It was an absolute blast at first, but now that I've reached San Fierro, the second city, I'm getting a little tired of it.  It's about what I expected, really.  Grand Theft Auto III...three.

I wonder how Rockstar plans to follow up?  They claim the next GTA will neither be on the PS2, and that (don't quote me on this one.  I believe I saw it, but it's a very foggy memory) it will also have an entirely new system.  How can they possibly create a new system, and then include all the features in San Andreas plus some?

Every time I get a bike in it I can't get Bicycle Race out of my head.  All I want to do is...!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Queenfan01 said:
I wonder how Rockstar plans to follow up?  They claim the next GTA will neither be on the PS2, and that (don't quote me on this one.  I believe I saw it, but it's a very foggy memory) it will also have an entirely new system.  How can they possibly create a new system, and then include all the features in San Andreas plus some?

PS3 in 2006? Anyway, I rather play GTAIII, I liked Vice City cause of the 80's gimmick, but other then that it was inferior to III overall. This one looks like more of the same, even the whole California angle can't sucker me into doing the same lame missions over again. The way Rockstar currently handles the GTA series is like what Parker Brothers is doing with Monopoly; selling the exact same game it always was, wrapped in a different gimmick, but is there anything really new or innovative about it?

Just stick to the old set I say. =)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Well, I believe that this was their best yet, with great hadling of many airplanes, where GTA III had 1 that could barely fly.
Also this one has car customization, something I had wished they had for a while, they even gave a bit of an RPG style with this one giving him various stats, eventually leading to dual wielding some weapons, better handling of some vehicles, and can increase strength and stamina.
2 player mode was a nice addition, but needs improvment.
jetpack was fun, but slow for long distance travaling.
I beileved that this game is far superior to it's predecessors, especially with it's rural cities, and farm areas, it's just fun to drive a harvesting combine tractor.(running people down with it's blades.) ;D

And you can always run around the city in this one headless. 8)

ShinHell9

I feel the addition of the airplanes and jets was a very good choice, the best addition I feel. The addition of the farm area, and desert were very nice additions, but they're just very annoying to go through when you want to get from LS to SF or SF to LV or however you wish to mix the 3 big cities.

really i enjoyed the game. With all the slang, its makes you feel like u's in Da'Hood. i didnt like if u go to a city your not to be in, you get **** (4 stars) and if u use the Lower Wanted Level cheat, ur 4 stars come back. I mean i put in R1, R1, Circle, R2, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down so much times, my hands started to get numb. Also I love the new jetpack code (L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right, L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right,) sadly The money is still a problem in SA, Tho i am glad there is a $250,000, full health and armor code, which is R1, R2, L1 , X, Left , Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up. The Girl Friend Thing is more of a troblum then a good thing. I mean I started a gang war and then Denise called me. One Thing I loved was the DRIV3R Rant! Dual Guns help Alot. Well This post Was Short so

R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up

R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Left

R1, R2, L1, R2, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left , Down, Down, Down

Right, R2, Circle, R1, L2, Square, R1, R2

(Cool Cheats)

"Griffith No More!" said:
PS3 in 2006? Anyway, I rather play GTAIII, I liked Vice City cause of the 80's gimmick, but other then that it was inferior to III overall. This one looks like more of the same, even the whole California angle can't sucker me into doing the same lame missions over again.
GTAIII will always remain the best. Vice City was horrible IMO.

Headless Death said:
Well, I believe that this was their best yet, with great hadling of many airplanes, where GTA III had 1 that could barely fly.
I can fly it without a problem. (The Dodo of course...)

Headless Death said:
Also this one has car customization, something I had wished they had for a while, they even gave a bit of an RPG style with this one giving him various stats, eventually leading to dual wielding some weapons, better handling of some vehicles, and can increase strength and stamina.
2 player mode was a nice addition, but needs improvment.
jetpack was fun, but slow for long distance travaling.
I beileved that this game is far superior to it's predecessors, especially with it's rural cities, and farm areas, it's just fun to drive a harvesting combine tractor.
As Griffith said, its all just being wrapped in nicer giftwrap. Its the same game, just with more options. I don't see why they wont just release a remade GTAIII with all this new shit.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Jon Schaffer said:
GTAIII will always remain the best. Vice City was horrible IMO.
I enjoyed Vice city more than III, due to the fact it had story and personality.  On top of that it added many features. :)

Jon Schaffer said:
I can fly it without a problem. (The Dodo of course...)
You are truely gifted. :eek:  The longest I could fly it for was a minute, and I could barely turn with it. >:(
Jon Schaffer said:
As Griffith said, its all just being wrapped in nicer giftwrap. Its the same game, just with more options. I don't see why they wont just release a remade GTAIII with all this new shit.
The way I see it, if they just released a remade version of three, it really would be nothing new except nicer giftwrap.  As saying this towards the other games, I see it as no more simular to previous games of the series, as I see rpg games being all the same game(having battles to save the world......oohhh ::)), or racing games(WOW, I can drive in a circle. ::)), or hack and slash or fighting(yeah, I pushed a button and punched a guy ::)).

My only point is that if you chose, you could simplify many types of games into the same thing, but their individual attributes, improvments, environments, and stories make each game unique and enjoyable. ;D
Otherwise if improvements were not made to these areas we would still be playing repaked versions of frogger.(Don't get me wrong I still love frogger. ;D)

I felt GTA:III was missing story, where story was then added to the later games. To me I can't think of anything GTA:III brought to the table that this current one doesn't live up to. :-\

Headless Death said:
I enjoyed Vice city more than III, due to the fact it had story and personality.  On top of that it added many features. :)
I think all it was was the bright setting it had. GTA:III was dark and foggy and had pretty bad music. While Vice City had an upbeat and poppy type of swing to it. The only thing I liked about Vice City was more difficulty to the missions.

Headless Death said:
You are truely gifted. :eek:  The longest I could fly it for was a minute, and I could barely turn with it. >:(
I, at first, thought it was a piece of crap and ran it into the red barrels and set it ablaze. But I learned how to use it. It takes patience... and boredom.  ;D

Headless Death said:
My only point is that if you chose, you could simplify many types of games into the same thing, but their individual attributes, improvments, environments, and stories make each game unique and enjoyable. ;D
Agreed.

Griffith

Exactly, GTA:III had genuine style these new fangled GTA's lack. That's why it's number one in my book. ;)

ShinHell9

New York hasn't been like that since pre-Guliani...thats why I liked vice a bit more, and also, vice city had much better music than 3 imo. There's always a sequel that will ruin a series, it's inevitable, unless a company drops the series early, which is not usual. I thought San Andreas would be that type of game, but I think that it's actually the opposite, that it's very good, and it lives up to the others. Also III had alot of depth, a mafia man who doesn't speak at all? how's that not depth. I feel they should base the next gta on al capone's time period, and I'm serious, it would be a nice change to go back that far.

Griffith

Yeah, I play GTA for it's depth and accuracy at depicting New York City; LAX isn't in NY, what a bad game! And I learned so much from Vice City about how to be a better person. Thank you Tommy, I'll never forget you and you're amazing depth that touched my life...

Plot? Depth? GTA? Are you kidding? Now I can see Rockstar's not the only one's taking themselves too seriously nowadays.

*hack cough pa-tooy*

III was fresh, inspired, had the best atmosphere, and was the most fun; end of argument. So when you guys are broke-ass bums because you spent all your money on GTA XXXII: Same 50 Missions at the Super Bowl Turbo Contrived to the EXtreme EXdition III Doggy Style, I'll be rich for some reason. Some reason probably having to do with my preference for GTA III. HA!

E

ELEKTROFUNK

It is ok I guess but I would rather play something else, this game was way over rated

this game was frickin great... just more of the same great stuff plus loads of great new treats... i already beat it and cant wait for the next... the 60's wouldnt be so hot and the future would be lame so now i would think they are out of options...

and for those of you who feel driving around listening to the gtasa music and talk shows in your car, here is a torrent for all the stations... over 800mb

http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/3038/GTA%20San%20Andreas%20All%20Radio%20Stations%20192Kbps%2048kHz%20PRZEMAS%202004.torrent

Griffith

Psymont 2.0 said:
this game was frickin great... just more of the same great stuff plus loads of great new treats... i already beat it and cant wait for the next... the 60's wouldnt be so hot and the future would be lame so now i would think they are out of options...

Yes, having run out of easy answers, I guess Rockstar will just have to go bankrupt.

I'm sure San Andreas will be a bit of fun, but as usual the PC market will be getting the console port of GTA's table scraps.... in 6 or more months. ::)

Personally I liked Vice City over 3 more, but one thing GTA3 did have over it was the chatterbox station, that was my favourite over any of the radio stations in either game.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Psymont 2.0 said:
name some other really good rockstar games...

max payne >all

also red dead revolver which is descent (not great tho)

I am still waiting for the online option of gta ( I do know there is a mod for pc to be able to play it online sort off tho)

Griffith

*bump*

BTW, would anyone happen to have a Vice City save game (for the PC) right before the last mission?

I also liked GTA III more than Vice City. I liked the missions alot more and some of the cool new features in Vice City made the game a little to easy. For example, once I had access to a helicopter the game suddenly became "Grand Theft Helicopter" for me. I found out a way of using the thing in just about every mission. Also the side businesses are cool, but it doesn't take too long before you have more money than you could possibly spend.

Still, the GTA series in one of the funnest video game series that I've played, so I plan on eventually getting San Andreas at some point.

Top Bottom