Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
MaN, that was harsh!

YeAH i'M iN paIN OvER HeRE MaN!

Seriously, why do I always have to deal with the stupid and worthless people on the board? No, worse than that. I get the people that don't even know they're stupid, oh MaN!

Speaking of whom, I am so sorry I dismissed your profound clock post (LOL BTW d00d! :D)

BiQ_

" ... "
You will have to pry the Schierke & Sonja speculation out of my dead, cold hands!!! :p

I think for now, the implied unhappiness of the coming conversation is probably going to be no more but Sonja throwing a hissy fit how Schierke isn't her true friend (episode 246 page 15) and how she'll "never forget her" and soon (episode 250 at the absolute latest) they are the best friends again.

Or maybe not. Maybe Sonja will take off with the Kushan kids and be forever Schierke's rival. That would also fit the pattern between Mule & Isidro... and the whole Neo-Hawks vs. Guts&co. But Ivarella was a bit too... Sonja-ish lately. Like, she *1) acted in unison with Sonja, very much like Puck usually sidekicks with Isidro's goofyings. I absolutely cannot imagine Ivarella ditching Schierke in favor of Sonja, so maybe I'm just reading too much into the comic reliefs. Also, I'm not sure if Sonja would really be enough of a snot-nosed brat to act this way, even if her reactions to the Griffith&Charlotte thing would not exactly rule that out. Not that I think it would make her a bad character; she is, what, 12 years?

*1) dunno if gender applies to elves/fairies; Ivarella certainly has a "feminine" look to herself, as opposed to puck...

DemonX said:
The kushan kids in that picture. I think Guts and Caska are among them.

I can't see them in the pic ...unless Guts and Caska somehow shrunk. May be they are out of the frame and Sonja and Scheirke are saying goodbye...

roberto999 said:
The sound effects what they are? The sound of the wind?

I don't know but may be it something like trumpets or horns blowing...

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
MaN said:
I can't see them in the pic ...unless Guts and Caska somehow shrunk. May be they are out of the frame and Sonja and Schierke are saying goodbye...

I hope you weren't actully taking me seriously...

Griffith

Since this thread's gone to Hell and 1st grade anyway, I might as well roll with it...

MaN said:
I can't see them in the pic ...unless Guts and Caska somehow shrunk. May be they are out of the frame and Sonja and Schierke are saying goodbye...

Not so funny there yourself, are you? I wasn't trying to be when you took your pot shot at me, but of course you were too dense to see that. Let's see what else you got for me Mr. Profound statements. Gonna try to use the word contrived again (it would make for good self-description)?

MaN said:
I don't know but may be it something like trumpets or horns blowing...

Nope, so we got that stupid shit I already addressed up there and now this? Wow. I can see I'm outta my league, I'm humbled. Hey, if you want to see what good posts and civilized conversation actually look like, go check out what darkbane had to say about the Azan's return. Maybe you'll learn something... though I doubt it. My guess is you're going to be dealing with a lot more of this until you cry off or...

If anyone thinks thinks this is immature, you're right, but I have no problem lowering myself to the level of my opponants. ;)

So, what the fuck is wrong with this thread?

There's three good posts; the first one, Puella's title translation, and darkbane's commentary on that. So let's follow up from there instead of making intentionally bad speculations and then talking about it along with a bunch of other shit. I know I'm filling it with poison, but I'm also begging that someone, anyone, say something worthwhile too. Let's start simple: as I said, before I was so rudely interupted by aforementioned board toadie, does anyone think Guts will arrive on the scene and have an impact on what's happening?

Feel free to speculate about something besides that, just no more jokes please.

I don't want to have to BaN anyone. ;)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I don't know if this counts as serious speculation or not, but I feel the need to comment.

Given the title of the preview, along with what has been said before, is it possible that Scheirke has "caught on" to what Sonja was telling her? If Sonja took the Kushan children back to the Neo-Hawks camp, they'd either be drafted into military service against Griffith's enemies, or they'd be the 'Small Supper' of the title (small in terms of size, not numbers; the apostles in Griff's army have been dining on fully grown Kushan soldiers lately.) If Schierke suspected something like that, I doubt seriously that she'd let Sonja lead them off to slaughter, even if she didn't have a viable alternative. Their stance in that pic seems representitive of conflict-a classic face-off. Because she's taller, Sonja looks like she's looking down on Schierke-in a figurative and literal sense. Schierke meanwhile, seems to be standing her ground with calm defiance, her posture serene, without a trace of the juvenile impetuosity she displays whenever Isidro's taunting her. These are children, the scene cries out, but children being forced to make adult decisions with quite possibly very dark, grim outcomes (as suggested by the long shadows). Whew! Now, to recap my speculation: I think Schierke may have just "caught on" to who Sonja's Falcon is.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
"Griffith No More!" said:
Let's start simple: as I said, before I was so rudely interupted by aforementioned board toadie, does anyone think Guts will arrive on the scene and have an impact on what's happening?

I think that Guts will stay in the shadows, so to speak, and follow Shierke and Isidoro if they go off with Sonja and Mule. He may already sense that Sonja and Mule pose a threat, whether they mean to or not. Either way, I think he'll stay out of site until the shit hits the fan.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BiQ-- said:
I think for now, the implied unhappiness of the coming conversation is probably going to be no more but Sonja throwing a hissy fit how Schierke isn't her true friend

I don't think it'll turn out like that. Rather to me, Sonja will understand that Schierke has an "important person" too (and things to do), and that she wants to stay with him, just like Sonja herself has to go back to Griffith. Now, I can definitely see some dramatic atmosphere as the 2 will split, their next meeting being as enemies.

roberto999 said:
The sound effects what they are? The sound of the wind?

More like bells or something hitting iron I think.

DemonX said:
I hope you weren't actully taking me seriously...

This isn't StB but Current Episodes, and you're wrong in the first place to make unfunny stupid speculations, especially if it's for fun.

does anyone think Guts will arrive on the scene and have an impact on what's happening?

I don't think so, he'll wait for Schierke and Isidro to come back by themselves, imho.

Herald of Yama said:
If Sonja took the Kushan children back to the Neo-Hawks camp, they'd either be drafted into military service against Griffith's enemies, or they'd be the 'Small Supper' of the title (small in terms of size, not numbers; the apostles in Griff's army have been dining on fully grown Kushan soldiers lately.)

I really doubt the kids to end up as frontline human-shields or as dinner for Griffith's apostles, it just doesn't go with the current "holy savior" BotH way of doing things (remember when Mule saw their camp first, thinking it didn't look like an army camp at all?).

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
Seriously, guys... Can't you ban the moron? Please?

Seriously, could I send a kiss to Olivier?

:-*

Aazealh said:
No, you're wrong, it would be "Kyasuka" = Casca.

;)

U right Aazealh, but in italian spelling "Kyasuka" is "Kaiasuka" ... so I like to write it in this way ...

... u know, as Olivier says, I'm a Moron ...

;)

DemonX said:
Yep, I was wrong. It is sonya  ;D.

U right DemonX, is surely Sonja ...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
paradise_lost said:
Seriously, could I send a kiss to Olivier?

By PM only, it's off topic here.

paradise_lost said:
U right Aazealh, but in italian spelling "Kyasuka" is "Kaiasuka" ... so I like to write it in this way ...

I understand, but we're on an English forum, and this spelling isn't correct according to the romaji standard. So please don't use it here, it would confuse the neophytes.

PS: Don't double or triple post please, edit your last post instead (using the Modify button).

P

paradise_lost

Aazealh said:
I understand, but we're on an English forum, and this spelling isn't correct according to the romaji standard. So please don't use it here, it would confuse the neophytes.

OK I'll try to be more English-style it'll be possibile ...

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a vote to see what Zodd's favorite food is. Griffith's too, though Im sure it's something like... white wine and an omelette... Any other food for thought? 8)

paradise_lost said:
OK I'll try to be more English-style it'll be possibile ...

;)
Don't lose hope. Yours is the better english, instead ...  ;)
-----<<--@ ...  ;)

PS: Smoochies

P

paradise_lost

It's maybe the best food of Zodd a Moron like am I?

:p

Walter said:
Don't lose hope. Yours is the better english, instead ... ;)
-----<<--@ ... ;)

PS: Smoochies

I know, I know ...

-----------(--8---@

does anyone think Guts will arrive on the scene and have an impact on what's happening?

I think he will keep a close eye on them, but won't get involved unless he has to.  I could picture him getting in the picture to protect Schierke and Isidro if necessary or seeing an Apostle that gives him any reason to attack. It still seems to me that what we see of Guts towards the end of chapter 248 could lead to something suspicious or unpredictable.

Just my opinion anyway, but I expect to see action within 3 or 4 chapters and at this rate it seems likely to tie in with the current situation one way or another. 

Guts would have involved himself the last chapter if he felt Schiere/Isidro needed help.  He was leaning with his back against the wall with his arms crossed...seemed pretty unconcerned to me.  And is Guts the kind of guy who'd go on a goosechase to find some little kids?

I think Guts will have as little exposure in this chapter as he did in the last.  What's more interesting to me, is that the only person capable of bringing him back from the brink is now gone.  Should the city get attacked and he forced to go berserk, it'll be a race against time for Schierke to get back to town and keep him from chopping up innocents/friends.  It will take far more than 3-4 chapters for this to happen, though...

GoHF

I'm a llama!

I was going to say something about people taking all this "behold, for I master the obvious" speculative BS to the appropriate place, but then I got lost somewhere.

Anyway, exert patience, you're not making any friends by being a brainless nuisance.

04v23_mac2.jpg

Ch249, "Happy Meal"

Griffith

GoHF said:
Anyway, exert patience, you're not making any friends by being a brainless nuisance.

Good advice for all of us.

Happy Meal; nice. ;)

Good stuff, everyone. Especially since Miura has done a nice little number on us; nothing really NEEDS to happen in the present time, so it's hard to even guess what will. =)

Since we assume there's still going to be a major conflict at some point before Guts and his friends + Azan (and maybe Silatt? =), I'd like to think they're all going to stay in the city (I'd love to be wrong though). And when I said Guts would impact the scene, I meant he might just show up, not with the intent to protect or cause problems, but just to see what's going on ("his" kids are wandering pretty far, and with stange Hawk bearing folk =). I'm just wondering if Guts might be the deciding factor in Schierke's choice, just seeing him could make a difference. And I'm actually quite desperate to see what Mule and especially Sonja would make of him.

-----------(--8---@ :-*

My respects to Paradise.

P

paradise_lost

Good advice for all of us.

Happy Meal; nice. ;)

Good stuff, everyone. Especially since Miura has done a nice little number on us; nothing really NEEDS to happen in the present time, so it's hard to even guess what will. =)

Since we assume there's still going to be a major conflict at some point before Guts and his friends + Azan (and maybe Silatt? =), I'd like to think they're all going to stay in the city (I'd love to be wrong though). And when I said Guts would impact the scene, I meant he might just show up, not with the intent to protect or cause problems, but just to see what's going on ("his" kids are wandering pretty far, and with stange Hawk bearing folk =). I'm just wondering if Guts might be the deciding factor in Schierke's choice, just seeing him could make a difference. And I'm actually quite desperate to see what Mule and especially Sonja would make of him.

In my opinion, the choice of Schierke 'll clarify all the situation. Off course, we'll have to wait no more than 3 chapters to see a strong action ...
Now we'll be able to have a look to the "secret powers" of Sonja, and of course, we'll be able at the same to have a look to the future of Mule-Myur ... (he'll join into Gatts' group with Diva)

-----------(--8---@ :-*

My respects to Paradise.

Thanks my dear ... (I feel me much more like Puck than like Griffith just now ... :p)

See u ...

Rhombaad said:
I think that Guts will stay in the shadows, so to speak, and follow Schierke and Isidro if they go off with Sonja and Mule. 

Its think its interesting that Miura deliberately did not show Farnese and Serpico because knowing Farnese she probably would have just jumped out to greet Azan and that would cause Guts to come out of the 'shadow' too. So that would indicate as you said, that Guts does not want to reveal himself to Sonja ad Mule yet.

Also I was wondering what every one thought about Sonja and Mule's loyalties to Griffith. It seems to me that Sonja is just too enamoured with Griffith whereas Mule is only in because he is fighting the same enemy as Griffith (i.e. Kushans). If that is the case then there is much greater chance of Mule changing his loyalties for Guts than Sonja would.

Although we don't have any reason why he would do that at this point in the story... and also the whole pseudo-rivalry between Isidro and him sort of works against it. If he were to switch sides then we would have two 'quite' similar characters which imho would be a distraction from the actual story line, just like Puck and Evarella can be sometimes. Same applies for Schierke and Sonja too.

(-->barcing for backlash and flaming)
Edit --> Me no kno english... embracing changed to bracing..

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
MaN said:
(-->embarcing for backlash and flaming)
Embarcing? Do you mean embracing or embarassing? I guess embaracing doesn't make any sense, so I assume you were using embracing. But I guess that doesn't make much sense either, unless you just meant bracing.

I suppose it doesn't matter.

But as for what you said before that, I agree that guts was intentionally hiding in the shadows not to reveal himself. As for Mule's reason's for aligning with Griffith, I agree that he somewhat did it do to the simular enemy, but on top of that, I beleive he has a crush on Sonja. Leading me to beleive that she was another reason for his decision to be in griffith's band.

I just hope that the next episode will show more of Azan, maybe they have a small supper with him. ;D
Maybe with Guts Co. after Sonja and Sheirke split ways.

Griffith

MaN said:
Its think its interesting that Miura deliberately did not show Farnese and Serpico because knowing Farnese she probably would have just jumped out to greet Azan and that would cause Guts to come out of the 'shadow' too. So that would indicate as you said, that Guts does not want to reveal himself to Sonja ad Mule yet.

Not to disagree, but it should be noted that he may just have no interest in what's happening as long as the kids are safe. He might not feel he has any reason to hide from Sonja and Mule, but yes, no reason to meet them either... yet.

MaN said:
Also I was wondering what every one thought about Sonja and Mule's loyalties to Griffith. It seems to me that Sonja is just too enamoured with Griffith whereas Mule is only in because he is fighting the same enemy as Griffith (i.e. Kushans). If that is the case then there is much greater chance of Mule changing his loyalties for Guts than Sonja would.

Don't forget when Mule swore his sword to Griffith, it wasn't just over a common enemy, he felt a supernatural need to follow him. A swelling of deep emotion that not even he understood; it was even contrary to his own logic; you could say he felt compelled to do it against his will. So, I don't know that Mule could even betray Griffith if he wanted to. On the other hand, that very same conflict could indicate the more sinister nature of their relationship to him later.

MaN said:
Although we don't have any reason why he would do that at this point in the story... and also the whole pseudo-rivalry between Isidro and him sort of works against it.
If he were to switch sides then we would have two 'quite' similar characters which imho would be a distraction from the actual story line, just like Puck and Evarella can be sometimes. Same applies for Schierke and Sonja too.

With all due respect, I think this is kind of a silly notion. Not to sound obtuse, but I don't see how things can exist in the story without being part of the "actual storyline." I also don't see how these characters are "distracting", either apart or together. They obviously parallel eachother and their respective Masters, and this is obviously intentional, especially in the last couple of chapters. But, I don't find it distracting at all, as a matter of fact, it refocuses my attention on the story as a whole.

MaN said:
(-->embarcing for backlash and flaming)

Don't be paranoid, we're all friends here. ;D

Headless Death said:
I just hope that the next episode will show more of Azan, maybe they have a small supper with him. ;D
Maybe with Guts Co. after Sonja and Schierke split ways.

Yeah like having Big Mac with Ronald MacDonald?

Sonja is inviting Scherike to meet Griffith, Obiouvsly nothing good will happen, therefore to say he will join them after Schierke and Sonja split way would be unlikely... A lots of events are gonna happen and it make me wonder if Schierke would even got her chance to split way with Sonja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom