Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Griffith No More!" said:
With all due respect, I think this is kind of a silly notion. Not to sound obtuse, but I don't see how things can exist in the story without being part of the "actual storyline." I also don't see how these characters are "distracting", either apart or together. They obviously parallel eachother and their respective Masters, and this is obviously intentional, especially in the last couple of chapters. But, I don't find it distracting at all, as a matter of fact, it refocuses my attention on the story as a whole.

What I meant was that Puck and Evarella are comic reliefs, to keep things light and from the conversation between Mule and Isidro from last chapter that is what was going on as well...

Mule - You too were like a frog on it's back!
Isidro - You were like a drunk trying to walk while on the boat!
Mule - Don't think you can eat anything but a soup tonight!
Isidro - I'll make you lick the ground for supper

and if they do end up on the same side... we can be sure to see more of this. I don't think that the conversation above relates to the "actual story line" beyond plain humor. Two boys, one crude and the other refined with okay fighting skills but getting better, both following a motivated leader but in the end both are somewhat immature.

Don't be paranoid, we're all friends here.  ;D
First civilized converation I have had with you... paranoia runs quite deep

on a side not, I had 'miura' for my pic profile and it looked like julius.... and 'julius' also looked like julius.. that sucks.. i don't want julius as my pic profile.. so I changed it...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MaN said:
What I meant was that Puck and Evarella are comic reliefs, to keep things light and from the conversation between Mule and Isidro from last chapter that is what was going on as well...

Mule - You too were like a frog on it's back!
Isidro - You were like a drunk trying to walk while on the boat!
Mule - Don't think you can eat anything but a soup tonight!
Isidro - I'll make you lick the ground for supper

and if they do end up on the same side... we can be sure to see more of this. I don't think that the conversation above relates to the "actual story line" beyond plain humor. Two boys, one crude and the other refined with okay fighting skills but getting better, both following a motivated leader but in the end both are somewhat immature.

I know what you mean, and yeah, that dialogue isn't exactly crucial or anything, but I disagree that it's totally just for the sake of plain humor, or that the humor in the series itself is superflurious to the other story elements. That scene above and their other comic exchanges is important in establishing their relationship and further defining different facets of their character we might not sense otherwise. It rounds them out, makes them more human, and adds depth to their interaction that wouldn't be there otherwise in the more serious moments. And those serious moments wouldn't be genuine without that depth.

So even the seemingly throw-away comic scenes Miura puts in the background of panels serve a dramatic purpose.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Alrighty with all the little things here I wanted to ask a few questions...

If Schierke does go with Mule and Sonja, she would obviously feel the power/aura of the Apostles and obviously Griffith.

With that, has anyone taken off there litle piece of hair that Schierke had given them to talk telepathically? Could Gut be using Schierke in a way to find out where Griffith is at?

Also the thing about mule and how someone had said that a more sinister way that Griffith could be using him. WShat about getting ready to "switch" forms. Rather like grooming Mule for a time that will be needed to transfer his own soul or what ever you may want to call it (Griffith) WHo knonws, maybe Gut's will fight Griffith and "defeat" him. What will Griffith's soul/spirit use to get his kingdom?

I know it's kinda out there but just some food for thought. :-*

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
With that, has anyone taken off there litle piece of hair that Schierke had given them to talk telepathically? Could Gut be using Schierke in a way to find out where Griffith is at?

INTERESTING! Maybe that could explain why guts was just in the back watching...

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also the thing about mule and how someone had said that a more sinister way that Griffith could be using him. WShat about getting ready to "switch" forms. Rather like grooming Mule for a time that will be needed to transfer his own soul or what ever you may want to call it (Griffith) WHo knonws, maybe Gut's will fight Griffith and "defeat" him. What will Griffith's soul/spirit use to get his kingdom?
???

I know it's kinda out there but just some food for thought. :-*
Way out there

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
you have to FOCUS to use Silke's telepathic charm. Unless Silke is willingly and constantly transmitting what she sees and hears, Guts can't eavesdrop on her that way.

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
Apparently, Miura takes a break, so don't expect episode 250 until December 24th (supposing it's a short break).

... oh well, we are very usuall to be patients ...

;)

Griffith

Akujin said:
He seems to take lots of breaks

Not a lot, but regularly, he takes a break about every 6 releases or so.

Yet it still comes as a shock every time. ;D

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nice episode, no meeting Griffith or such a thing, like I expected, Sonja understands Schierke's reasons. Schierke also has a vision of Vritannis' future (from Sonja?), and it's quite scary. Isidro and Mule's fight is more serious than what I thought though...

I love the last panel, looks she can finally feel at ease with her companions, even while in disguise.

Great chapter as always. Kinda pissed me off that Mule sucker punched Isidro but then Isidro kick him in the balls yeah!  ;D

I liked the "interaction" between Guts and Schierke some good bonding between the two. :) And from what it looks like Azan is in the same bar where Guts and and his scooby gang are at.

Oh and Schierke looked sooo cuuuuute with her dress. :) I wonder what Isidro said to her when he saw her.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ZODDGUTSU said:
Kinda pissed me off that Mule sucker punched Isidro but then Isidro kick him in the balls yeah! ;D

Yeah, and they exchange their names after that, "Guts & Silat" style. Only Isidro pronounces his incorrectly because of his swollen mouth, so we can expect some fun next time they meet. ;D

ZODDGUTSU said:
I liked the "interaction" between Guts and Schierke some good bonding between the two. :)

Yup, I also like his kick to the drunkard bothering Casca. :p

ZODDGUTSU said:
And from what it looks like Azan is in the same bar where Guts and and his scooby gang are at.

Yep, he's behaving strangely, looks like he's up to some kind of secret mission, or just homeless maybe. ;D

Aazealh said:
Yep, he's behaving strangely, looks like he's up to some kind of secret mission, or just homeless maybe. ;D

I wouldn't be surprise if his homeless he did pick up that bread from the ground very quickly poor guy must be hungry. :-X

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Thanks Aasealh. What would those digitalpanic leechers do without you... ::)

Anyways, awsome chapter. And I can tell its funny too. Perfect coloring opportunity for Jon or Litheral on page six. Its looks like he is sleeping though (standing up?)

And the Ishi/Mule fight was extreamly funny ;D. Ishi looked like those ducks that Sonja was talking about with his face all swollen up.

And WOHOO! Caska's hair has been cut short again! (with a ponytail in the back  8))

Edit: Also... is it just me or does the end of the chapter seem to mimic the begining of the anime when guts saves that little girl? Looks like those bar guys are after schierke. (also the cloths are extreamly similer). Im sure it has no real importance though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
And WOHOO! Caska's hair has been cut short again! (with a ponytail in the back  8)).

It's think it's just the ponytail, she had the same (along with the Mysterious Kid) while they were on the beach. Can't check the length difference right now though.

DemonX said:
Edit: Also... is it just me or does the end of the chapter seem to mimic the begining of the anime when guts saves that little girl?

I don't think so, it's just drunkards annoying the girls in Guts' band.

DemonX said:
Looks like those bar guys are after schierke. (also the cloths are extreamly similer). Im sure it has no real importance though.

How about you check the translation Saiki just posted?

Griffith

I'm just wondering if Guts might be the deciding factor in Schierke's choice, just seeing him could make a difference.

I tried to tell everyone, but nobody wanted to talk about it. ;)

Cool stuff, especially the burned vision of the future and the gang eating at ye local diner. =)

And lots of fisticuffs too; I never thought I'd see Guts  pull off a David Lee Roth in full plate mail, fucker's limber. Seriously, I'm so used to the usual disembowelments that seeing Mule and Isidro just punching each other was surprisingly striking.

Yeah, and I think it's safe to say Azan has fallen on hard times. The whole sleeping in a boat in broad daylight in you armor was suspicious, but now he's pilfering bread during bar fights... sad. I haven't read the trans yet, but i'm sure he can justify it because it fell on the floor and was techically "thrown away.".^_^;

Anyway, rather than calling him homeless or a bum, I believe a man of his status at least deserves the title: Vagabond Warrior. Just sounds more romantic. At least we know he'll likely be willing to join the band; dude needs a J.O.B.

Oh, and... THANK YOU, AAZ! ;D

Kudos on the new speed records all around; shit man, this keeps up and we'll start getting chapters on Wednesdays.

Post Translation Update:

WOW!

This chapter had everything; including the most important and meaningful line of Millennium Falcon, maybe even, and I'm not kidding, in the entire series up to this point:

"...my family..."

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Thank you Aazealh.

WOW!

This chapter had everything; including the most important and meaningful line of Millennium Falcon, maybe even, and I'm not kidding, in the entire series up to this point:

"...my family..."
I agree that line was very meaningful, very happy to see this progression.

But before I saw the actual scans, DemonX saying her hair was short again worried me, because of the prediction about the fire. Glad she still has her hair. ;D

Did Serpico noticed Azan omg!!!

Btw i like Guts post on pg 6... It make me think he is not only trying to hint Scherike something, but also he *seem* to know who is Sonja under...

P

paradise_lost

"...my family..."

... that's the line we are going to ... "a new Griffith Hawks" against "a new Guts Hawks" ... we'll see what the future is waiting for but, it'll be something great however ...

;)

puella

Berserk forever
Isidro has two fist-fights on the same day. What an energetic boy!
And yay! Schierke is so pretty. Way to go! ;D

Thanks for that aazealh ;)

Schierke looks soooo cute in that maid dress even though i'm not sure why she's in it lol

nice to see gutz and others again, especially guts' neverending effort to protect caska.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom