Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Freddy C said:
Schierke looks soooo cute in that maid dress even though i'm not sure why she's in it lol

Because her witch outfit would draw unnecessary attention on her, and eventually bring trouble.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, and I think it's safe to say Azan has fallen on hard times. The whole sleeping in a boat in broad daylight in you armor was suspicious, but now he's pilfering bread during bar fights... sad. I haven't read the trans yet, but i'm sure he can justify it because it fell on the floor and was techically "thrown away.".^_^;

Something I noticed was that, he was running into the bar after getting the bread. It's still funny that he looked around before taking the bread though. ;D

This chapter had everything; including the most important and meaningful line of Millennium Falcon, maybe even, and I'm not kidding, in the entire series up to this point:

"...my family..."

Well, he has gotten pretty close to everyone so it wouldn't surprise me, but Shierke's look on her face after he said that brought even more to it. But at the end of the chapter after she hit the guy over the head really shows how she feels part of the group now .

P

paradise_lost

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Well, he has gotten pretty close to everyone so it wouldn't surprise me, but Schierke's look on her face after he said that brought even more to it. But at the end of the chapter after she hit the guy over the head really shows how she feels part of the group now  .

U r totally right ... this point we got of the "family" it's something 'll have a big value in the next future I think ...

;)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
"Griffith No More!" said:
Anyway, rather than calling him homeless or a bum, I believe a man of his status at least deserves the title: Vagabond Warrior. Just sounds more romantic. At least we know he'll likely be willing to join the band; dude needs a J.O.B.
Yes , he needs a job, but for him it will be a great shame if his old friends would see him like he is now. So I think that he will try to avoid them instead if he has some pride left

roberto999

DemonX said:
Well, Its obvious that Azan has become the robinhood of Berserk. Stealing from the rich (and food) and giving to the poor  ;D.
....and he knows no one more poor than himself ;D ;D ;D ;D

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Good Chapter.

Schierke's choice obviously impacted Guts deeply. *Both* of his eyes are closed.

Plus it's interesting to see both Schierke and Guts without their safty blank--er--weapons.

Now if only Guts could smile as well.

QUeeN typhonblue said:
Good Chapter.

Schierke's choice obviously impacted Guts deeply. *Both* of his eyes are closed.

Plus it's interesting to see both Schierke and Guts without their safty blank--er--weapons.

I do believe after Schierke made her chose to stay with Guts he was smiling on the inside. Plus it did make him say the comment "My Family" on how he considers the gang now.

QUeeN typhonblue said:

Speaking of which, when exactly was the last time that we saw him smile... I would like to see that panel. I think not since volume 27 or so.. but I am not sure..

It was actually funny to see azan and in retrospect even Azan's sleeping in the boat seems funnier now that he is pilfering some dry bread... But hey he still has his pride...

and as for puck... boy does he like to instigate a fight...
Puck - Stand Joe Stand...!!
Puck - fight!

and well Schierke is just smittened... she is setting herself up for disappointment.. I wonder how will that affect her decision in future.. but for now she can still smile even in that

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Wow, great chapter! Something big is obviously on the way if Schierke's vision comes true. 8)

The comedy was nice too. I loved Schierke smashing the bottle over the drunk's head, and page 20's "epic battle" (it's like some kind of Where's Waldo page, except of course with Berserk characters). ;D

roberto999

kimchan said:
Something big is obviously on the way if Schierke's vision comes true. 8)

And we don't need precognitive powers to know what it is :
Taken from the translation of chap. 243

Saiki said:
page 18

servant - Master Diva
servant - the invasion of the coast area by the Pishacha is complete
Diva - I know
Diva - Tell the general up in the land to advance the armies
(General most likely is Ganishka)
servant - yes
Diva - Things would not have gone so smoothly with the rough methods of the army
Diva - Within one night, all the villages in this island were brought under our control....
Diva - Very secretly, without letting a single fire flame up
Diva - Without letting a single person live....they will be exterminated without any of their flesh left
Diva - But one thing that bothers me....the sense from one of the Harashada's has ended
(Harashada = casters)
Diva - There shouldn't be anyone on this land able to defeat the Pishacha's that I recieved from the emperor....

Good chapter indeed, thanks Aazealh.

It seems this will be the turning point to Schierke feeling so homesick, and the group seems to be alot closer now for several reasons in this chapter alone which is good. Haven't seen Guts act violent towards anyone who didn't mean him harm for a fair while, interesting to watch him start up a brawl in the place. ;D

I thought Azan would have come into the picture in this chapter, it looked like Guts had a chance at spotting him out when he was quiet in a dark area while watching everyone... then again even if he did notice it was Azan, Guts wouldn't be the type to approach him. Surely contact will happen soon.

I think the big question now is what is going to cause the carnage in Vritanis Sonja prophecised, and how is Guts and his crew going to tie in with it (as they very well could.)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Sparnage said:
Haven't seen Guts act violent towards anyone who didn't mean him harm for a fair while, interesting to watch him start up a brawl in the place. ;D

Not starting a brawl in a pub is like not watching a car accident at Nascar. Sure it doesn't have to happen, but you leave with that odd feeling of un-fulfillment.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Haven't seen Guts act violent towards anyone who didn't mean him harm for a fair while, interesting to watch him start up a brawl in the place. ;D

Well, Guts isn't really the type to attack people without any reason, these drunks were bothering the ladies, it's a good enough reason to me.

Sparnage said:
I think the big question now is what is going to cause the carnage in Vritanis Sonja prophecised

Like Roberto said, I think it'll be Daiba.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Not starting a brawl in a pub is like not watching a car accident at Nascar. Sure it doesn't have to happen, but you leave with that odd feeling of un-fulfillment. 

Haha, yeah. ;D Prehaps Miura decided a little extra fight that could be tied into the story was necessary between the times of what has lately been adequately peaceful.

Aazealh said:
Well, Guts isn't really the type to attack people without any reason, these drunks were bothering the ladies, it's a good enough reason to me.

Absolutely, but we rarely see him do damage outside really dangerous situations.

Like Roberto said, I think it'll be Daiba.

Yeah I could see that happening, chances are it was going to be something Kushan related.

Propably the kushan, I don`t see the apostles sacking the city(sure, they`d love doing it, but they would have to answer to griffith later).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
Absolutely, but we rarely see him do damage outside really dangerous situations.

Well, I wouldn't want someone of Guts stature to hit me, but did he really hurt those guys that much? Considering he didn't chop them in half vertically, I think they got off light as far as Guts hurting people goes. ;D

And I'm sure Daiba and his crew will attack the city, and Guts will be forced to take them all on, of course. Azan, of course, will rush to defend the innocent and reunite with Guts and his family (as they shall now be known from now on =). What I don't know, is if Griffith and the Hawks will show up to exterminate the Kushan forces too...

dwarfkicker said:
I think the Hawks will show up.  If Ganishka sends his troops I'd be willing to bet that Griffith would pursue them.
if hawks were to show up then sonja wouldn't have been so anxious about leaving the city and advising schierke to do the same...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
MaN said:
if hawks were to show up then sonja wouldn't have been so anxious about leaving the city and advising schierke to do the same...
Well yes and no. Sonjia and Mule are Griffith's "pets" so to speak. So who is going to go to who? THe master to the pets? Or the pet to the master?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom