Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post ever anywhere and have only been reading berserk from the summer(i live in england so thats August) so be kind!
i tried to get the names right but as this depeneds on the translation you get it rather relative.please piont out any really obvious mistsakes. Thanks

I have based my ideas on how it might go on curtain opinions i have:
*That the Kushans attack or Griffiths men(demons) in disguise(full form) or plan to leave no witnesses. (i hope the dragon so Guts can finish him)
*that the "Emperor of Terror" is part of the plan(but dosen't know it) to win over the continent, as Griffith needs to have someone to be the epitome of evil so he can be the hawk of light e.g. with no Hitler there wouldn't be a Churchill both famous but for opposite reasons, but both believed in thier destiny to lead their country to glory. The reason i think this is Griffith men could have got to the Emperor and Griffith must know his weaknesses(e.g the whole grabbing charotte)so why let him live? well cos there are only two ways to win the countries on the continent with fear or as a savior and we all know his style.
*Griffith lets the Emperor go around getting rid of the upper classes so he puts his men(using the term lossely) in charge when he finally steps in to save them. As he must know of the attack coming from the Kushans or from his own forces. So why would he let it happen, because it would weaken the religous order plus also weakens all the big countries and destroying their morale(e.g."if God's men on earth can't help and are armys too weak what hope is there"). Instep Griffith as savior killing the unstopable "Emperor of Terror" by rallying the remaning armys under him. Bobs your uncle a whole continent under him with a whole load of angry people wanting revenge and the converted Kushans slaves want to free their homeland. Few years later big army ready to conquer the other continent, which is in chaos as the "Emperor of Terror" has left a vacuum of power.
*That Guts fights Griffith with an army. I really don't see a one on one battle being enough,on earth atleast but in femto and Guts one on one be ok.

The three way i see it going:

1.Like what has already been stated Griffith could sit back till the last min, then save the day at the last seconds gaining repect and admiration. But where as in midland where people had a strong connection to him the allied armies are controlled by the holy order and will not be so lenient on the fact he has an army of demon soliders. O plus the whole Divine rite of kings and hence the autocratic system which holds their society in place. It would be easier to kill them or better still having the Kushans thin themselves out getting rid of them. This would remove a strong power base of not just the holy order but also the armies of each of the the big countries. (Side note: if you state that the divine rite is ok cos of the princes. Note what Sonja said that there is no discrimination (well there wouldn't be it allows him to have a willing army of peasants and noble that have lost there power) this is a big problem to the societies fabric, well except Griffith because he is going to set an order of demons then humans as cattle so a title is meaningless.

2.That the Kushans attack(or demon soldiers) the city so Scherkie made a barrier that slows down the possessed animals to make them easier targets and to give a moral boost, then Guts leads an counter attack or more probable is he would kill the larger animals e.g. elephant or at least a good old massacre of the demon children(the ones the Emperor making with the pregnant woman). But with this it would most likely have to follow a chain of events, which would lead to a confrontaion with Griffith and Guts, but then where or how to get to God hand if he was able to kill Griffith on earth. The problem with this is why would they follow Guts he at the moment is just a doggy looking guy in black and I can't see him telling people he is the former leader of the raid rider of the hawks. Plus I don't think Scherkie has the power to really do that much, she can kill a few hundred but on the scale of the city and the army it is a really small chance of doing a great deal.

3.The third is that the Kushans(or a hawk demon soldiers "I hope the dragon, with a link with Guts sword sword.making it a real Dragon slayer") attack but Guts takes defence of a small area with Scherkie doing her potection spell. I would speculate a cathedral due to the story line with Farnaze(plus would be the perfect place to see them regoup with Azan) and the fact that this is a big merchants town( in the medieval time a cathedral is an importand symbol of power and wealth of the local nobles and businesses "Who has the biggest member but using a larger ruler"). Where a few thousand solider will survive this attack and in the end fight off the attackers. Then with the intrigue of who are Guts and Scherkie are by the church officials and the survivors will lead to the truth about e.g. God hand. this would explain how he gets a ship and a crew trustworthy to get to Puck's homeland(does it bug anyone else that Puck hasn't said how he got from there? well I guess he could have got a piggy backed on a migrating bird?). Plus with the destruction of the "the knights of the Holy Iron Chain"(politically very important) and now this allied army almost all gone. They will want to regain control and be very interested in an island of powerful fully grown wizards and witches, as just a little girl could be this strong think of the rest. My main reasons for think Guts will have a small army when he gets to this elf homeland:

1.Guts can't build an army on this continent. Griffith is to well informed to let anyone get a meaningful force together e.g. Flora & allied army.
2.At Elfheim(Puck's homeland) there are alot of magical people there, which could arm an army with magical weapons. leveling up the score, plus all the magical people themselves all this means a small army could fight the odds.

Even if it goes this way I still don't think it's likely he will use the forces to take on Griffith. It more likely to be that after the fall of the Emperor that will cause a power vacuum in the Kushans homeland. as mentioned the homeland is ruled by fear, so is likely to be in a state of revolution as they fight for freedom(this would explain why time is been spent on the man running the Bakiraka clan "bloke who lost in the competition when Guts went to Godo for the year"). It would also mean that scherkie, Isidro (maybe Sonja & that bodyguerd kid) to grow up and be useful, cause there is not much reason for them being kids unless it's going to show them grow up in this new "family" of Guts(so hoping they turns in to his lieutenants) which can't in the present state happen on midlands continent and of cause it is possible that this could happen on elfheim. But would the army be affective in battle if they have only trained, wouldn't you expect it to have been molded in the flames of battle? Plus i want to see Guts have a full sized army to take griffith on in a full scale Apocalyptic Battle!! Which he ether ends up in hell fighting them on their own ground or if Griffith/Femto jion the gap between the two realites, like Slan. This would give a clear cut end to Guts revenge?

Sorry this is so long but i got in to a stride, whish I could get in the same stride when writing my theology essay.O well i'm going for beer.

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks, Aazealh.  :D

I assume a bloody invasion of Vritanis will occur in one or two episodes. Who will invade Vritanis? Cushans or Falcon apostles? It's more possible that the Cushans will invade Vritanis to smash their enemy. But for me, it will be more interesting if the Falcon apostles invade Vritanis to prevent Guts' group from meeting the fairy king.

BTW, Sonya didn't mention about her feeling about Guts. Maybe I have to wait some more to clarify how she describes Guts. Mr. Miura, make Sonya's MIKO sensor more powerful, plz.  ;D

p.s., Miyu, I'm not sure my reply for your message got to you. So I thank you again for your precious message in this board. And I wish your happy marriage, too.  ;)

P

paradise_lost

secilj said:
Thanks, Aazealh.  :D

I assume a bloody invasion of Vritanis will occur in one or two episodes. Who will invade Vritanis? Cushans or Falcon apostles? It's more possible that the Cushans will invade Vritanis to smash their enemy. But for me, it will be more interesting if the Falcon apostles invade Vritanis to prevent Guts' group from meeting the fairy king.

BTW, Sonya didn't mention about her feeling about Guts. Maybe I have to wait some more to clarify how she describes Guts. Mr. Miura make Sonya's MIKO sensor more powerful, plz.  ;D

p.s., Miyu, I'm not sure my reply for your message got to you. So I thank you again for your precious message in this board. And I wish your happy marriage, too.  ;)

I'm my opinion it could happen something like this ... Kushans 'll arrive in Vritannis, and after, while the Alliace is near to the defeath, Griffith arrive to change the situation ... but, more ... in that kind, most people 'll think that many deaths comes by Kushans, instead we could understand that 'll come by the Apostoles ... it can't be a surprise if someone 'll give a look about all this (for example, Mule/Myur and Azan) and in that 'case 'll decide to change his position and to help Gatts ...

;)

D

darkbane

paradise_lost said:
I'm my opinion it could happen something like this ... Kushans 'll arrive in Vritannis, and after, while the Alliace is near to the defeath, Griffith arrive to change the situation ... but, more ... in that kind, most people 'll think that many deaths comes by Kushans, instead we could understand that 'll come by the Apostoles ...  it can't be a surprise if someone 'll give a look about all this (for example, Mule/Myur and Azan) and in that 'case 'll decide to change his position and to help Guts ...

;)

Don't think that we'll see Mule change sides anytime soon. Both his honor and fate/causality/whatever act as a firm anchor for him to remain by Griffith's side. He wouldn't go running away after having given his sword to Griffith so enthusiastically. Also I don't think the Apostles with Griffith will hold a banquet in the city, not openly. Seems like they have to behave themselves so as not to embarass Griffith.

P

paradise_lost

darkbane said:
Don't think that we'll see Mule change sides anytime soon. Both his honor and fate/causality/whatever act as a firm anchor for him to remain by Griffith's side. He wouldn't go running away after having given his sword to Griffith so enthusiastically. Also I don't think the Apostles with Griffith will hold a banquet in the city, not openly. Seems like they have to behave themselves so as not to embarass Griffith.

For what about the banquet, I'm not sure ... u could be right. But for what about Mule, I'm a little bit sure he'll change soon side ... when he gaves to Griffith his sword, he seemed to be a little bit under controll of a "external power/energy", like as he was not himself at all ...

:-\

"Griffith No More!" said:
Rather than letting it die, let's just focus a little on what's important; what Griffith thinks of the forces in Vritannis.  Either Griffith is going to see useful allies against Ganishka, or he doesn't think he needs them in the least, and as a matter of fact, they'll more likely than not get in his way eventually. If he let's them die/kills them, "Kushan forces" either way, not only will he literally be the World's only hope, but he won't have to worry about petty power struggles in the war's aftermath or further down the line. All the better for his Kingdom's (Empire now?) powerbase. On the other hand, with Griffith's supernatural charisma, power struggles may not apply at all. What say you, gents?

BTW, if Griffith shows up, we may get lucky and Silatt will follow. =)

IMO if Silatt would ever end up joining either Guts or Griffiths side it would be Gut's little group. I just see it as more plausable (if either side that is) as Griffith will be likely to annihilate most of the Kushans.

If that happens, Silatt might take it pretty personally and resort to making friends with those who also hate Griff as much as he, and who better then a warrior like Guts? If that ever played out at all, I could see them making some agreements and helping eachother, but I can't picture Silatt to travel beside Isidro and Farnese to easy. ;D

secilj said:

Vritanis is filled with the "allies", why would the BotH's human or Apostles attack their own? On that note they wouldn't bother with trying to stop Guts as they probably don't know of his mission for a start, but regardless they have bigger problems on their hands like the Kushan threat.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sparnage said:
IMO if Silatt would ever end up joining either Guts or Griffiths side it would be Gut's little group. I just see it as more plausable (if either side that is) as Griffith will be likely to annihilate most of the Kushans.

If that happens, Silatt might take it pretty personally and resort to making friends with those who also hate Griff as much as he, and who better then a warrior like Guts? If that ever played out at all, I could see them making some agreements and helping eachother, but I can't picture Silatt to travel beside Isidro and Farnese to easy. ;D.

Here's hoping. Hell, I'd settle for them having a chat about World events, old times, or the weather.

Sparnage said:
Vritanis is filled with the "allies", why would the BotH's human or Apostles attack their own? On that note they wouldn't bother with trying to stop Guts as they probably don't know of his mission for a start, but regardless they have bigger problems on their hands like the Kushan threat.

Either Griffith is going to see useful allies against Ganishka, or he doesn't think he needs them in the least, and as a matter of fact, they'll more likely than not get in his way eventually. If he let's them die/kills them, "Kushan forces" either way, not only will he literally be the World's only hope, but he won't have to worry about petty power struggles in the war's aftermath or further down the line. All the better for his Kingdom's (Empire now?) powerbase. On the other hand, with Griffith's supernatural charisma, power struggles may not apply at all.

I hadn't even really thought of Griffith showing up just for the sake of Guts, but that makes sense too, and furthers the argument that the Hawks won't be able to stay away.

Sonja saw him, and it's obvious that she can relay such things telepathically, to Griffith if nobody else (he may just be able to see it without her even offering the information). Guts' is their sworn enemy, he's wearing armor that makes slaying Apostles look like fun, and he's traveling with a powerful magic user; the apprentice of the very one they already went to great lengths to destroy (and Guts himself is Skull Knight's apprentice). Furthermore, I'm sure Griffith knows about Elfhelm as well, and we all know he's a pretty smart guy. If he doesn't just see the future of what they plan to do, I bet he can figure it out. He may want to have chat, if nothing else. =)

I see Griffith showing up and him and Guts having a little face to face. Maybe they'll just stare each other down as Guts and co. are sailing away or maybe they'll have a little chit chat. I don't see them fighting that's for sure. And as for Griffith and Elfhelm I doubt Griffith will turn his attention there until after he's dealt with Ganishka and his Kushan forces.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Sparnage said:

If that happens, Silatt might take it pretty personally and resort to making friends with those who also hate Griff as much as he, and who better then a warrior like Guts? If that ever played out at all, I could see them making some agreements and helping eachother, but I can't picture Silatt to travel beside Isidro and Farnese to easy.

The point is that Guts no longer hunts Griffith. His unique goal now is to protect Caska, so if Shilat wants to join someone that is willing to fight Griffith, he better join someone else. Also I don't think that Griffith would care if Guts is in Vritanis or not . Instead there is another question. Guts and co. wants to reach Elfhelm so soon like it is possible. I don't think that they will stop in Vritanis for long. So unless the Kushan attack the very next night it is very probable that Guts party will be out of Vritanis before that happen.

P

paradise_lost

roberto999 said:
Guts and co. wants to reach Elfhelm so soon like it is possible. I don't think that they will stop in Vritanis for long. So unless the Kushan attack the very next night it is very probable that Guts party will be out of Vritanis before that happen.

I don't think it'll happen something like this. It's strange Miura gave us the possibility to have a look to this meeting between Myur/Mule, Sonja, Schierke, Isidoro and the others without the reason why they'll take part in some way we still don't know together as allies, or as enemies in the battle of Vritannis ...

D

darkbane

roberto999 said:
... so if Shilat wants to join someone that is willing to fight Griffith, he better join someone else. ... So unless the Kushan attack the very next night it is very probable that Guts party will be out of Vritanis before that happen.

Also, iirc, Silatt's motive for capturing Griffith was so that he could gain favor with the emperor, thereby being able to restore his clan to the empire. Now that he has seen the inhuman nature of his patron, capturing Griffith may no longer be relevant. Well, if I were him, I would start running far, far away. Of course, that's not gonna happen, right? But in light of his previous motive, joining Griffith may make the most sense as Griffith would be able to provide for the safety of Silatt's clan, something that would not be possible for Guts.

About the attack timing, your guess is as good as mine, but I think having Guts and co leave before fighting breaks out would make for a boring story. Hence, it'll probably happen this night, or whenever they find a means of transportation, giving Guts a choice between staying and´confronting Griffith, or leaving for Elfhelm, or something like that.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
roberto999 said:
The point is that Guts no longer hunts Griffith. His unique goal now is to protect Caska, so if Shilat wants to join someone that is willing to fight Griffith, he better join someone else. Also I don't think that Griffith would care if Guts is in Vritanis or not . Instead there is another question. Guts and co. wants to reach Elfhelm so soon like it is possible. I don't think that they will stop in Vritanis for long. So unless the Kushan attack the very next night it is very probable that Guts party will be out of Vritanis before that happen.

Was Flora hunting Griffith? =)

Guts killed a shitload of Griffith's Apostles, and got the best of one of his most powerful, a little more than a volume ago. I'm pretty sure Grunny hasn't forgotten, not to mention that Guts is obviously united with forces that Griffith considers a threat to him. Even the grunt Apostles remember him from the Eclipse, so I imagine the buzz around the Hawks camp after the Witch Hunt was that the Black Swordsman casually kicked their asses before leaving when he felt like it. This was after he defeated a God Hand of course. No big deal.

Anyway, whether Griff shows up or not or why, I don't think Miura is bulding everything up to the point where after/if Casca is cured, Guts and Griffith retire into their respective lifestyles and don't bother each other ever again. The End?

Smith said:
That is a bit naive... Guts would not tolerate Griffith's presence

He already forgot to kill him once. ;)

On the other hand, he almost transformed into the Beast at the mere word "Hawk," so the armor certainly changes things (but Casca wasn't there either). Perhaps they'll have the perfect opportunity for escape and Guts will instead engage hundreds of Apostles in a futile kamikaze attack to reach Griffith. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that, personally. Especially if Skully showed up and they fought side by side, oh yeah! 8)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
On the other hand, he almost transformed into the Beast at the mere word "Hawk," so the armor certainly changes things (but Casca wasn't there either). Perhaps they'll have the perfect opportunity for escape and Guts will instead engage hundreds of Apostles in a futile kamikaze attack to reach Griffith. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that, personally. Especially if Skully showed up and they fought side by side, oh yeah! 8)
oOOO you tease. :-*

P

paradise_lost

darkbane said:
Also, iirc, Silatt's motive for capturing Griffith was so that he could gain favor with the emperor, thereby being able to restore his clan to the empire. Now that he has seen the inhuman nature of his patron, capturing Griffith may no longer be relevant. Well, if I were him, I would start running far, far away. Of course, that's not gonna happen, right? But in light of his previous motive, joining Griffith may make the most sense as Griffith would be able to provide for the safety of Silatt's clan, something that would not be possible for Guts.

About the attack timing, your guess is as good as mine, but I think having Guts and co leave before fighting breaks out would make for a boring story. Hence, it'll probably happen this night, or whenever they find a means of transportation, giving Guts a choice between staying and´confronting Griffith, or leaving for Elfhelm, or something like that.

Well, Silatt 'll be in the group of Gatts in not so much time ... it's his destiny to go there ... now that he has seen the inhuman nature of his emperor, he could turn to the Guts situation all his attention about him and his race situation' ...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
paradise_lost said:
Well, Silatt 'll be in the group of Guts in not so much time ... it's his destiny to go there ... now that he has seen the inhuman nature of his emperor, he could turn to the Guts situation all his attention about him and his race situation' ...

Well I don't think its a "gurentee". We all thought that Gut's and Caska were going to have a semi happy thing going when Gut's had come back to the Hawks, then WHAM! THERE HEAD ASPLODE!!!!11111

So yea...I don't think its going to be happening anytime to soon or as straight forward... Or if its going to happen at all. Granted we have seen him more so then any other character.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Granted we have seen him more so then any other character.

Silatt is bound to hook up with one of the groups. He and Guts have unfinished business, too, so it looks like it'll be complicated if he joins up with Guts and company. I think it's still too soon to make this call.

Judo

Midlands finest
He already forgot to kill him once.

that was just for the blink of an eye. I doubt that Guts could just leave if Griffith entered the scene.
The armour would most probably do its part.

D

darkbane

paradise_lost said:
Well, nothing it's "guruntee" in this world, or in Berserk World ...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I don't think its a "gurentee".

Well, I dunno anything about "guruntees" or "gurentees" or some such, and I can't guarantee anything, but at least I can agree with the opinion of this whole Silatt thing being a way off. ;)

Hi, I am new to these boards. I was able to download espisodes 249, but i dont have the rest of chapter 29 (episodes 247, 248).

I have tried the links, but they seem to be broken. I have bittorrent and I have downloaded other things succesfully before so I don't think the problem with the bittorrent downloads is from me.

looking through the forum for links to 247 and 248, it is a bit frustrating because I am always seeing spoilers - the return of Azan etc.

but I refuse to read it because I havent read the whole thing  yet  :-\

can anyone repost 247 and 248 so I can figure out what everyone is talking about?  :D

thanks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, welcome to SK.net.

It's normal that the links are broken, it's the way it's meant to be. We only keep the last episode available so that people can stay up-to-date to what happens and discuss it, but we by no mean intend to permanently provide free scans of Berserk for everybody.

If you need scans next time, please ask in the Shootin' the Breeze section, and when people reply, they should do it by PM. Thanks.

He already forgot to kill him once. ;)

If u mean the vol 21 incident, i guess he couldnt believe that a evil person like him could become so great...

Well if he did remember it doesnt matter right? the situation still remain the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom