Episode 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
Oh dear oh dear.... The next time Olivier Hauge will be saying...

"Dont expect any chapter at all..."         

:p

Hahaha, that's a pretty funny fear to have; more proof that Berserk fans need professional help. ;D

P

paradise_lost

Olivier Hague said:
I never said the break would end on January 14.
I said not to expect another episode until January 14.
That's different.

Why did u say that day January 14 as the day we have to look after to wait for a new chapter of Berserk?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
paradise_lost said:
Why did u say that day January 14 as the day we have to look after to wait for a new chapter of Berserk?

Because that's when the next YA comes out after the upcoming one, which won't feature Berserk. So that's the earliest it could return, if Miura doesn't extend his break further.

P

paradise_lost

"Griffith No More!" said:
Because that's when the next YA comes out after the upcoming one, which won't feature Berserk. So that's the earliest it could return, if Miura doesn't extend his break further.

Ok, thanks ... but I know it. This is what I meant: at the end, no one could be sure if the new chapter 'll come out of YA in that time or after ... ;)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Smith said:
Oh dear oh dear.... The next time Olivier Hauge will be saying...

"Dont expect any chapter at all..."         

:p
Well if anyone could remember Sparnage's old msg under his avatar...

"Expect the worst, and you wont be dissapointed"

In a forum, ALL opinions should be welcomed, Olivier, no matter how fucked up you think they are. 8)
BTW, could someone explain to me why Miura takes such terribly long breaks? :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Why did this thread turn into a half-assed discussion about expectations, with the need for Olivier and Griffith to explain like 4 times in a row that there's a delay until the next EPISODE?

Khorne said:
In a forum, ALL opinions should be welcomed, Olivier, no matter how fucked up you think they are. 8)

It's not a matter of opinion, now could you please go read Griffith's post again about not interfering with PL/Olivier? Thanks.

Khorne said:
BTW, could someone explain to me why Miura takes such terribly long breaks? :)

You've got vacations for Christmas, don't you? Well, he's got some too. As a matter of fact, Miura's got a bad health at the moment, he's been too concerned about Berserk these days, from what Young Animal announced.

Aazealh said:
As a matter of fact, Miura's got a bad health at the moment, he's been too concerned about Berserk these days, from what Young Animal announced.

What is YA saying exactly on this? Do they have an interview or something?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
What is YA saying exactly on this? Do they have an interview or something?

Nope, it's just an announcement, saying there won't be a Berserk episode in the next YA, because of that.

Headless Death said:
Any Idea how bad, or what kind of health risk it is? :'(

I don't know, but I think it's overworking coupled with nervosity, etc. Miura's a perfectionist, he likes to do stuff himself, or at least supervise it, and there has been quite a lot of Berserk projects going on lately (Trading Cards Game, the PS2 video game, etc).

Hell, he could be putting an artbook together while supposed to rest, I wouldn't be half-surprised (just my wishful thinking).

D

darkbane

Aazealh, nice avatar :p Silent protest, huh?

Anyway, even though there is a delay, it's not like the next episode will resolve anything, only put us into more torture as to what the development in the 5 episodes after it may be (and open new veins for speculation). Compared to that, I'm more content now, where we have next to no idea about what will happen immediately now in the story. ;D Well, we do have some ideas, but nothing terribly specific.

It will likely start up this new storyline, since it's probably safe to say that the Shierke-comes-to-town thing that started with inner monologue also ended with her last inner monologue at the end of 249 (expressing a changing attitude).

Aazealh said:
Hell, he could be putting an artbook together while supposed to rest, I wouldn't be half-surprised (just my wishful thinking).

You're trying to work him half to death ;D No artbook is fine, I hope that he instead takes his time to polish the story and organize his notes. Since, if the manga goes to shit, everything else would become meaningless. (well, I doubt that can ever happen, but...) Also seeing how there is a lot of political (therefore also partly geographic, by necessity) background coming up...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
More time to wait I guess. ;D
calanim6oz.gif

Hopefully we won't have to wait too many pages of the calander.

But even if we do, at least we can relish in the time to re-read berserk, (or in my case enjoy my own christmas vacation) and be certain that Miura is getting his well deserved break. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom