NBA BrAwL º_o

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.
It's partly the fan's fault, sure.  But seriously, had he tossed a battery at him and hit him right in the eye, Artest still has no right to savagely beat someone.  Much less the liquid that was thrown at him.  You'd think the man had a bad swimming experience as a child or something.  Furthermore, he didn't even attack the fan that threw it.  And then one of his teammates starts randomly attacking people also...The entire situation is fucking ridiculous.  Alchohol + the giant egos of the players + mob mentality = this.  I'm just glad the players that took part in this mess are getting suspended.  This behavior is simply unacceptable if we want to call ourselves a society.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Artest still has no right to savagely beat someone

Savagely? No one was seriously injured. From what I understand, if your standing there and someone throws a battery and hits YOU in the eye, what would you do? Stand there with an idiots look on your face, fall down and cry, or try to get that mother fucker? You have got to understand too, he is under the pressure of the media here, which adds more to his mentality. And once he was in the stands beating on someone, I think it would be too late for him to "come to his senses". The more he fights, the more fans that get in the way, and the more he fights some more.

This behavior is simply unacceptable if we want to call ourselves a society.

Lighten up, this is the type of shit that changes society from boring, compulsive, and unimaginative to interesting, exceiting, and stimulating!!!

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.
DemonX said:
Savagely? No one was seriously injured. From what I understand, if your standing there and someone throws a battery and hits YOU in the eye, what would you do? Stand there with an idiots look on your face, fall down and cry, or try to get that mother fucker? You have got to understand too, he is under the pressure of the media here, which adds more to his mentality. And once he was in the stands beating on someone, I think it would be too late for him to "come to his senses". The more he fights, the more fans that get in the way, and the more he fights some more.
I believe it's the responsibility of those in the public eye to act responsibly.  I certainly like to think that if I were in that situation I would've reacted sanely.  What could possibly be gained from running up into the stands, taking a guess at who got my jersey wet, and then beating the shit out of him?  Well, let's see.  Suspension, and a fair share of harsh words I imagine.  Nice thinking Artest!

DemonX said:
Lighten up, this is the type of shit that changes society from boring, compulsive, and unimaginative to interesting, exceiting, and stimulating!!!

Compulsive belongs in the latter group, and I'm not much of an anarchist.  :)

lol Yeah I found it funny that Artest went after the wrong guy. The guy that Artest went after had a "Oh shit why is he coming towards me???" :eek: look poor guy, while Artest was beating at the wrong guy the real culprit the guy with the hat was behind Artest punching him.  ::)

Than again the innocent guy hit the jackpot now he can sue his Artest retarted ass for millions. ;D See everyone wins yay! :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Cool I wasn't going to bring it up since SK.net cares about sports as much as... well, who cares?

But yeah, people are totally overreacting over this shit. I blame the sports writers. They're having a field day with this and each one is rushing to put out his own article about morals and society and how a fight at a Basketball game means the end of civilization as we know it. Yeah, like they know anything about it. I know _I_ always go to sports writers for advice on my tough moral choices! Anyway, since these dopes are each out to make a name for themselves and win the pulitzer prize, this situation is getting turned into a total media melodrama.

As far as what happened...

Ben Wallace got off light, first of all. Considering the punishment everyone else recieved, he should have gotten at least 10 games or more. His crybaby antics incited the crowd as far as I'm concerned; Ron Artest was just sitting on the scorers table. If Wallace had kept his temper-tantrum under 5 minutes, maybe none of this would have happened.

As for Artest, he's being made a perfect example of. He doesn't deserve a season long suspension for what he did, but it's the right choice on David Stern's part. He should have never gone into the stands, big fucking no-no. His punishment is right as far as PR is concerned, but it's not justice; especially when you see what the other guys got (and factor in that Artest was trying to be cool before some shithead took a pot shot at him with a beer cup for no good reason). Artest was having problems already and WANTED time off anyway, so his profile and actions (though justified in some cases) make him the perfect guy to hit with this. But he should be allowed back about a dozen games before the playoffs, it's not fair to penalize The Pacers championship chances because of Detroit and their asshole fans. They're already going to lose standing and home court as it is. We'll see what happens in the appeals.

As for Stephen Jackson, he got off light too. He was starting shit with Wallace and everybody; he was worse than Artest, even if you argue he was defending his teamate. The guy was bloodthirsty and got the least provacation; berserker. =) There's no reason he only got 30 games while Artest got the whole season (other than the whipping boy factor)

And I don't know why O'Neal got 25 games either, he should only get five more than Ben Wallace for actually hitting someone. And he just decked some dumbass that came out on the court. If players can't go into the stands, fans can't come down to the court looking for trouble either. You could even argue that O'Neal deserves less than Wallace, he wasn't starting any shit, just reacting to it.

Anyway, it's a mess, it's not the end of the World, and it was VERY entertaining. ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
But he should be allowed back about a dozen games before the playoffs, it's not fair to penalize The Pacers championship chances because of Detroit and their asshole fans. They're already going to lose standing and home court as it is.

Would it even matter? The Pacers are one of those teams that make it to the playoffs but never make it to the Championship round. With Miami now having Shaq The Pacers would have gotten bitch slap like kinda like how a pimp does with his hoe.. 8)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ZODDGUTSU said:
Would it even matter? The Pacers are one of those teams that make it to the playoffs but never make it to the Championship round.

4 seasons ago is never?

ZODDGUTSU said:
With Miami now having Shaq The Pacers would have gotten bitch slap like kinda like how a pimp does with his hoe.. 8)

Yeah, and Detroit was going to get crushed in 6 games by Shaq and the Lakers. The Pacers are one of the best teams in the East when they aren't crippled by injuries or this shit. Last year they had the league's best record and made it to the conference finals (they're number 2 right now even, and yes, Miami is number 1: go Big Fella and D. Wade =). And it's while it's true that they haven't been able to get over the hump, it's not like The Kings where it's the same losers losing every season. ;D The Pacers have been title contenders throughout their evolution in the past decade (they even took Jordan to game 7), and this current incarnation is young, talented, hungry, and has/d a real chance; so it's a shame that their season looks like it's over before they even got to make a go of it.

Top Bottom