Viva Ganishka!

One of my favorite characters is Ganishka, and the reason why I like him is very simple: his attitude. I mean, he is an apostle and should be serving the godhand in general and Griffith in particular, and what does he do? He shows godhand the finger! His ego is so large that he propably thinks he can take on Idea all by himself.Anybody else here like Ganishka for this? Oh, and bye the way, how is anyone ever going to defeat Ganishka? After all, his apostle form is fog. The dragonslayer, Skull Knights sword, and all other weapons propably just pass through him. ´The only way I can think of to beat him would be to use a HUGE vaccume cleaner on him.......

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
One of my favorite characters is Ganishka, and the reason why I like him is very simple: his attitude. I mean, he is an apostle and should be serving the godhand in general and Griffith in particular, and what does he do? He shows godhand the finger! His ego is so large that he propably thinks he can take on Idea all by himself.Anybody else here like Ganishka for this?

He shows Griffith the finger to be precise, and I doubt him to think he could vanquish Idea in any kind of way. Don't forget that to Idea, he's probably no more than a pawn in the great scheme of things. I do like him anyway, for various reasons.

Khorne said:
Oh, and bye the way, how is anyone ever going to defeat Ganishka? After all, his apostle form is fog.

You're being a bit hasty here, we don't know that; it's an assumption at best.

I personally think his fog form is a result of the magical powers he keeps bragging about, as well as the whole mist in Wyndham thing. He clearly says that as long as the city stays deep in that fog, he can't be defeated. Familiars, frying apostles with thunder and such are also a manifestation of the power he has aside from (or in combination with) being an apostle.

That's the result of an apostle having a deep knowledge of the world and how it works I guess (he even mocks Locus and his men about being cocky with "the small amount of Evil they received in their bodies"). Take him without all this defensive preparation with the magical fog, the Daka (created using minor apostles he apparently "captured"), the familiars, and I think he wouldn't be that strong. Still strong and very dangerous, but not invincible or anything like that.

As for his apostle form, I'd see something ugly with many, many teeth.

Well if he is an apostle than he probally is inferior to a godhand than again he did seem pretty confident...

Khorne said:
Oh, and bye the way, how is anyone ever going to defeat Ganishka? After all, his apostle form is fog. The dragonslayer, Skull Knights sword, and all other weapons propably just pass through him. ´The only way I can think of to beat him would be to use a HUGE vaccume cleaner on him.......

SkullKnight, his vaccum cleaner, i mean his sword of resonance.

Khorne said:
Oops! Forgot about the sword of resonance!

You make this come out a speculation that Ganishka might eventually be killed by SK instead, unlikely but still possible...
Ganishka getting killed by Griffith would be way too predictable and i believe Muira might gave us something really unexpected

I believe that Ganishka is much more powerful than any of us think... That lightning strike and his weird misty form might be considered just a little trick of his even though it wipe out half the entire apostle armies...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
That lightning strike and his weird misty form might be considered just a little trick of his

A little trick? It looked like his main card against Locus and his men to me, seeing how the Daka and Pishacha got wiped out.

Smith said:
it wipe out half the entire apostle armies...

It killed a few apostles, hardly "half the army"... Actually I think more apostles died during the raid to take Flora's head.

I seriously think that Ganishka is stronger than what we have seen. If I were him, I wouldn`t unveil all of my power until I confronted the head honcho(Griffith). And by the way, why was the griffith-chopper thread locked?

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
And by the way, why was the griffith-chopper thread locked?

Because it had "gathered the most daring, pioneering thinkers on the board"1.

Anyways, Griffith can and will likely overcome Ganishka given time, but calling him a pebble on Griffith's path is probably too harsh. After all, he would probably not plan to "strike an arrow against god" if he were not reasonably sure that he would pose a threat. The way I see it, we are on our way to a big apocalyptic war with one side being Griffith's "forces of good" and the other side being Ganishka's "forces of evil". For that, Ganishka must be worth at least a bit more than a mere pawn.

1http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3883.msg82714#msg82714

darkbane said:
Anyways, Griffith can and will likely overcome Ganishka given time, but calling him a pebble on Griffith's path is probably too harsh. After all, he would probably not plan to "strike an arrow against god" if he were not reasonably sure that he would pose a threat. The way I see it, we are on our way to a big apocalyptic war with one side being Griffith's "forces of good" and the other side being Ganishka's "forces of evil". For that, Ganishka must be worth at least a bit more than a mere pawn.

I don't think I'm being harsh when I say he's just a pebble. Griffith was a part of Godhand. That alone tells me that Ganishka can't be much of a threat to him (by comparison). He can be considered a temporary road block or maybe even a nuisance to Griffith as an apostle who doesn't know his place (Upon the first encounter Griffith outsmarted him. Griffith got what he wanted in saving Charlotte. He played him)

It’s not to say that he can’t be a cool or likable character -that seeing him in action can’t be a fun thing to behold but considering we haven’t even seen the extent of what Griffith can do… I don’t know what kind of threat Ganishka can pose.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
In other words, I got decapitated for being rude.

It's incredible, you still don't understand that sentence? Just consider yourself lucky that the thread still exists. Its place should have been in Shootin' the Breeze.

Now stop the off topic stuff, if you've got questions like that, you can PM an administrator and ask.

Yes sir, terribly sorry. All right, back to the topic everyone! ;D

When it was said that Ganishkas lightning bolts just fried a few apostles, it propably wasn`t taken into consideration that he hadn`t much time to zapp them before they retreated. Also, he nearly took out Irvine, or at least scared the shit out of him. The look on his face was priceless! I think that Ganishka is so powerful that guys like Grunbeld, Irvine, Rakshas and locus would stand no chance, and that Griffith is the only one who can take him on. That raises an interesting question. What if some civilians or regular soldiers sees Griffith using his god-handish powers against Ganishka, and spread the rumour? It would propably be something on the line of: the white hawk is a witch, or the white hawk is a monster. And that would propably pose some problems for Griffith`s plan of becoming king.

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
...be something on the line of: the white hawk is a witch, or the white hawk is a monster. And that would propably pose some problems for Griffith`s plan of becoming king.

Something like that would probably not happen. The argument would be something like this: Idea influences peoples' fate. Idea "created" Griffith. Then, Idea would make sure that nothing so trivial would stand in Griffith's way. Practically, either no-one would observe it but apostles, or the people that saw him would hail him as an angel from the heavens or something (remember how the people at the mock eclipse reacted towards the fake apostles).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
When it was said that Ganishkas lightning bolts just fried a few apostles, it propably wasn`t taken into consideration that he hadn`t much time to zapp them before they retreated.

He could have attacked again imho, while they were fleeing, but didn't. And it doesn't change the original point: he only killed a few apostles, not "half the entire apostle army" to quote Smith.

Khorne said:
Also, he nearly took out Irvine, or at least scared the shit out of him.

Irvine was surprised, but he still jumped before Ganishka attacked, and I don't think he was "nearly taken out".

Khorne said:
I think that Ganishka is so powerful that guys like Grunbeld, Irvine, Rakshas and locus would stand no chance, and that Griffith is the only one who can take him on.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's very powerful indeed, but Locus didn't look like he was concerned at all.

Aazealh said:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's very powerful indeed, but Locus didn't look like he was concerned at all.
That is propably because Locus seems the arrogant type. He seems as arrogant as Grunbeld, and Grunbeld still believed he would win without a doubt against Guts even when guts had wounded him, destroyed his cannon and his shield, and even cracked his dragonskin. Okay, maybe grunbeld could have won, but in my experience apostles are so arrogant that they don`t even consider the possibility of them being defeated right up to the moment they get shot/hacked apart/blasted to pieces etc. Henceforth Locus apparent lack of concern. Or maybe he was unconcerned because he knew that he was to retreat as soon as Griffith had got the princess out, meaning that he wouldn`t have to "go up close and personal" with Ganishka.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
That is propably because Locus seems the arrogant type.

Yeah, it could be that. It could also be the fact that Ganishka is himself arrogant, and that Locus thought he didn't represent that big of a threat to him. My point isn't that Locus or Grunberd could beat Ganishka, but that if they didn't stand a single chance against him, Locus would have probably been more concerned.

Now it's highly speculative so there's no real way to tell for now.

Just like I said. He wasn`t concerned because he knew he was supposed to retreat. I think that he would have been a wee bit more nervous if Griffith had ordered him to take down Ganishka.

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
Just like I said. He wasn`t concerned because he knew he was supposed to retreat.
I agree, Locus obviously knew about the stalling for time aspect.
Khorne said:
I think that he would have been a wee bit more nervous if Griffith had ordered him to take down Ganishka. 
He didn't have a clear idea of Ganishka's powers, and vice versa. I suppose even now all we can say for sure is that Ganishka knows some kind of magic, that he is an apostle, and that in the fog, his powers increase.

People!
It was inclusive referrance apparently to Lochus and Ivine as well, when Ganishka said ' Those humble beings who received only a small amount of evil into thier body..' Should the Horrible Emperor of Kushan be any better than a boasting idiot, his statement must be accepted with at leat minimul face value. Meaning if this guy is not only arrogtant and confident, he should be somebody who knows what he is saying. His admiring statement on the transformed Lochus is nothing but an slight exclaimation for the quality of enemy beyond his expectation, which also tells U what kind of disregard he must have paid on the Apostles of 'Hawks' as his opponents.

Back to the fact, Although this guy lost his prey, it was neither Lochus nor Irvine who took the meat out of his mouth. They were only puppets manipulated by one master, whose earthly name once was, and now again is G. Considering his distinctive power and ability, I think Ganishuka could easily defeat Lochus, Irvine, Grunbeld, and even Jodd if he had any chance. The only possible poeple who may be able to defeat him, would be Griffith ( who already took the princess from the Demon Caste) , Gutz ( who once splitted Slan - the superior spritual being-), and Skully. (whose sword can even cut off the space-time continueum) Did it sound so stupid? I hope not. :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
darkbane said:
I agree, Locus obviously knew about the stalling for time aspect.

It doesn't change the fact that he was directly exposed for a while, and that Ganishka could have attacked him without any problem.

darkwolf said:
It was inclusive referrance apparently to Lochus and Ivine as well

It's Irvine and Locus.

darkwolf said:
Should the Horrible Emperor of Kushan be any better than a boasting idiot, his statement must be accepted with at leat minimul face value.

His nickname is the Emperor of Terror, and though I wouldn't call him an idiot, all of his nice speech did nothing much, he lost Charlotte, quite a lot of Daka and Pishacha, and killed only a few of Griffith's soldiers.

darkwolf said:
Back to the fact, Although this guy lost his prey, it was neither Lochus nor Irvine who took the meat out of his mouth. They were only puppets manipulated by one master.

They weren't manipulated, since they knew from the beginning that their job was to make a diversion while Zodd and Griffith were rescuing Charlotte.

darkwolf said:
Did it sound so stupid? I hope not. :)

Well, your comment has its place in Speculation Nation rather than here, and I'm not sure it makes sense... Zodd, Grunberd, Irvine and Locus would lose easily against Ganishka (though we don't know the extent of their power), but Guts could defeat him, based on the fact that he stabbed Slan with the DS when she appeared in the Qliphoth? I fail to see the logic in your reasoning.

Top Bottom