Viva Ganishka!

Aazealh said:
Well, your comment has its place in Speculation Nation rather than here, and I'm not sure it makes sense... Zodd, Grunberd, Irvine and Locus would lose easily against Ganishka (though we don't know the extent of their power), but Guts could defeat him, based on the fact that he stabbed Slan with the DS when she appeared in the Qliphoth? I fail to see the logic in your reasoning.
The reasoning is propably this:Grunbeld is grunbeld, Locus is Locus,etc, but Guts is GUTS with capital letters!The protagonist of the story, and so forth and so forth.

It is much easier believing that the main character can (eventually) beat all enemies, than believing that some stupid band of the hawk-wannabe like locus could defeat him. This is pretty illogical, I know, but people tend to think this way(I do, even though I know it is complete bullshit) humans are weird.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, it could be that. It could also be the fact that Ganishka is himself arrogant

Yeah i agree to this...

Aazealh said:
but that if they didn't stand a single chance against him, Locus would have probably been more concerned.

but not to this...

I believe both are arrogant, but the main reason why Locus doesnt seem to concern at all is because of his faith in Griffith. He knew that Griffith had his own plan which will minimise the casualties of his army.

P.S I do seriously believe Ganishka kill more than 5-6 apostles, Irvine along seemed to get blown off from the rooftop, what happen to him at this point we still dunno

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
This is pretty illogical, I know, but people tend to think this way(I do, even though I know it is complete bullshit) humans are weird.

Wasn't asking for an explanation of stupid reasoning.

Smith said:
I do seriously believe Ganishka kill more than 5-6 apostles, Irvine along seemed to get blown off from the rooftop, what happen to him at this point we still dunno

He didn't kill more, we don't see so many of them getting bolted, actually it appears to be just 3 (plus some of the Daka). As for Irvine, you can notice that he jumped just in time, compared to the others that get blown off. None of them but one seem to be badly injured anyway, so I'm not worried about them.

Actually, what makes people believe that ganishka is an apostle who also is a wizard? Okay, he boasts about being a heck of a lot stronger than Locus and company, but is there any hard evidence?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Khorne said:
Actually, what makes people believe that ganishka is an apostle who also is a wizard? Okay, he boasts about being a heck of a lot stronger than Locus and company, but is there any hard evidence?

He is an apostle, there's no need to explain that, he's called an apostle and even has a talk "from apostle to apostle" with Locus, and he shows typical apostle characteristics. As for being a "wizard", he uses magic, like his lightning bolt and mist form, or the Daka and the Pishacha, that are created through magic (Schierke comments on the Pishacha when Guts' band encounters them on the beach).

Relax, man, I already knew he was an apostle. Okay, now I believe that Ganishka is a wizard. I thank Aazealh who came down on me with a 200 kg hammer and squashed my misconceptions about Ganishka(this is my own way of saying thanks) ;D

Khorne said:
who came down on me with a 200 kg hammer

Maybe a 200kg sword known as DS?

Anyway, replaying to Aaz, I do strongly believe that to be an enemy to oppose GH, he got to have some real power and strenght... I doubt Muira put him in and he get slain in the next volume by Griffith (Ganishka is not a victim or side character like other manga to showcase someone -for this case is Griffith- power )

Smith said:
(Ganishka is not a victim or side character like other manga to showcase someone -for this case is Griffith- power )
I also think that Ganishka is more important than just the classical moron who is mentioned a few times and then gets killed off.

Much as I dislike having to revive a dead thread, an idea struck me whilst cooking some pasta yesterday -
In volume 27 when Irvine fires an arrow at Ganishka in his 'human form', it passes through him and his body disperses around it in a mist-like fashion. This put an idea in my head. If Ganishka has sufficient control over his mist that he can create the illusion of a human form on this one occasion, why not all the time?
Essentially, I'm suggesting that we are yet to see his 'human' state, and thusfar have been misled by the powers of his apostle form.
I know this goes against what other people have suggested about him, but I think it's an interesting possibility.

Aeglos

I don't think his body is a human illusion. That arrow dodging might have been a simple magic trick... body displacement or reallocation thingy.

If he wanted to show a human form, he would probably hide all that teeth and unnaturally long fingers (Tentacles in apostle form? I'm betting Ganishka is something like a big ugly octopus)

Besides, his human form is now clearly scarred at the forhead... he could also hide it if it was an illusion. And that wound was not something light, it probably was the same kind of wound Slan gave Guts, albeit smaller and weaker. Such a trauma to the astral body would have made Ganishka loose all concentration in maintaining illusions, I presume, yet we see the same old Ganishka take the blow and be in pain inside his chambers when it happens.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bastard_swordsman said:
In volume 27 when Irvine fires an arrow at Ganishka in his 'human form', it passes through him and his body disperses around it in a mist-like fashion. This put an idea in my head. If Ganishka has sufficient control over his mist that he can create the illusion of a human form on this one occasion, why not all the time?

He did it that one time, but he has also shown his real body before. When he went to Charlotte's room to impregnate her for example, that's not something you do with an illusion. And like Aeglos explained, right now in his carriage he's got a huge scar on his face because of Guts & Zodd. That was after his fog form was defeated. That's the real him, not an illusion. We've seen his real face, there's no doubt about it.

bastard_swordsman said:
Essentially, I'm suggesting that we are yet to see his 'human' state, and thusfar have been misled by the powers of his apostle form.

For all we know, his fog form might not even be his apostle form, and we'd have yet to see it.

Aeglos said:
I don't think his body is a human illusion. That arrow dodging might have been a simple magic trick... body displacement or reallocation thingy.

Well I think you're wrong about this. The way the fog works has been shown recently and it makes it pretty clear the Ganishka sitting on his throne when Irvine shot him was either an illusion made of fog or him instantly transforming into fog. Body displacement and teleportation aren't "simple magic tricks" in Berserk, and I don't think Ganishka can do that. A "fog illusion" or a direct physical transformation would be more believable and far easier to pull off.

Aeglos said:
unnaturally long fingers

His fingers don't look particularly long to me. Certainly not unnaturally so at least. His nails kind of give him away though.

Top Bottom