BERSERK not known???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Otaku friends on AIM.Well they tell me about anime alot. They Even Tell me about Things Vandread: The Second Stage, and stuff like that, but when i asked when Berserk 5 will come out, they didnt know what berserk was, and i dont see any berserk manga anywhere. Alot Of People E-Mail me saying "Whats that game clip on your site"  http://www.myotaku.com/kidotaku For some reason, very one i know or talk to outside of skullknight.net dont know what berserk is? why is that?

kid_berserk said:
For some reason, every one I know or talk to outside of skullknight.net does not know what berserk is. Why is that?
Berserk is an underdog manga. Its not one of those popular mangas like Evan, DBZ, or whatnot so not many have heard of it.

Plus i remember when i was younger and just getting into anime i would go to places where they sold the berserk dvd, and it looked intimidating. I thought it was just an anime with lots of blood and gore and not much of a stroy so i never got into it. Man was i wrong and im glad i picked it up.

Well the manga does sell well in the U.S. sure not as much as lets say Naruto, Bleach, fruits Basket and Negima. But it does sell good enough to be in the top 20 most bought manga, I've seen the sells which I've posted in the forum somewhere forgot where lol. :p

Yeah I was surprise too when I recently ask a classmate in my English and History class if he knew Berserk since he watches anime and reads manga. But he said he heard of it but never seen it. :'(

So as any Berserk fan freak I told him Berserk is one if not THE best anime and manga I've ever seen so I let him borrow the anime. I wanted to convert him into a Berserk fan big time. After watching the anime he was like "woah" "didn't expect to be that good. Now I just needed to bring the finishing blow I let him borrow my Berserk manga the 5 english volumes. :D

He read it and he became a Berserk fan big time. Heck he bought the first 12 japanese volumes of the manga. It only cost him 4.50 a volume plus he able to read japanesse easily. :)

P

paradise_lost

ZODDGUTSU said:
Well the manga does sell well in the U.S. sure not as much as lets say Naruto, Bleach, fruits Basket and Negima. But it does sell good enough to be in the top 20 most bought manga, I've seen the sells which I've posted in the forum somewhere forgot where lol. :p

Yeah I was surprise too when I recently ask a classmate in my English and History class if he knew Berserk since he watches anime and reads manga. But he said he heard of it but never seen it. :'(

So as any Berserk fan freak I told him Berserk is one if not THE best anime and manga I've ever seen so I let him borrow the anime. I wanted to convert him into a Berserk fan big time. After watching the anime he was like "woah" "didn't expect to be that good. Now I just needed to bring the finishing blow I let him borrow my Berserk manga the 5 english volumes.  :D

He read it and he became a Berserk fan big time. Heck he bought the first 12 japanese volumes of the manga. It only cost him 4.50 a volume plus he able to read japanesse easily. :)

Well, in Italy Berserk is number 1 for what about copies sold ...

:p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
But why, I personally feel Berserk should replace DBZ in popularity... This managa is not below DBZ in any way

You don't need to say that Smith. It's just that Berserk targets a mature audience, composed of elite people around the world 8) (ok, there's many morons too).

P

paradise_lost

Aazealh said:
It's just that Berserk targets a mature audience, composed of elite people around the world 8) (ok, there's many morons too).

Thanks Aazealh, I feel me day by day more moron than forever ... eheheh

;D

Aazealh said:
You don't need to say that Smith. It's just that Berserk targets a mature audience, composed of elite people around the world 8) (ok, there's many morons too).
And Berserk isn't on cartoon network. DBZ used to be all over the TV.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
It's just not as popular. Being a popular manga does not necessarily equal being a good one. Really not a big deal, at least as long as Dark Horse sells enough volumes to keep going, which they seem to be.

Berserk is very violent and adult related so it's of course going to apply to a smaller audience.
On top of primarily aiming for older and more mature readers, the Anime and Manga audience alone is much more likely to be younger in either Japan or other countries.

For those reasons It's expected for things like Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon and Neon Genesis and such to be more well known than Berserk, though from what I have heard from ZODDGUTSU Berserk Volumes still make it on the 10 best selling list in Japan, and it's still meant to be one of Dark horses better selling Manga's.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
ZODDGUTSU said:

Where did he buy his books from?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Kakkoii_Guts said:
Where did he buy his books from?

I'd guess www.animaxis.com ($4.87 a volume though) or that used place with translations, acclimate solutions or whatever it's called.

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
dont tell your friends. I dont want people to know about it so it can become popular scum. Berserk is a beautiful series and a small community of people who know about it and really care about it is just fine.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Malf said:
dont tell your friends. I dont want people to know about it so it can become popular scum. Berserk is a beautiful series and a small community of people who know about it and really care about it is just fine.

I seem to have heard this before... I just cannot pinpoint who ever said it...

Malf

if i have to keep telling you i will well the similar topic just keeps popin up and i will just pop in my view on how it should be.

are you God malf?

that was a rhetorical question, so then what gives you the power to decide who gets to read Berserk? ::)

dbz only got to a low point because they got money hungry, you know, the love of money, and there ya go, then you have dbz gt, which pretty much just plain out sucks,

now miura has been workin on Berserk since 1989, anyone correct me if i am wrong, but reguardless, thats a really long time,

in this time he has created one of the best, the best in my opinion, fiction writings of all time,

i seriously have a problem believeing miura would throw the essence of his lifes work to gain a few extra bucks,

i think if it did go mainstream, since the mature nature of its content, obviously the little kids into dbz wouldnt touch it, and it could be left the way it was created,

we would get the translated to english version faster, and who knows, maybe they would restart the series printing in a higher quality larger print,

what would be so bad about that? really?

lets see, miura known more as a superb artist and author, better ability to get Berserk here in the U.S., and the continuation of the greatest fiction ever?

whats your problem with that malf?

please dont change the subject and go off into space like you usually do,

answer the question, or explain as to why you think what you do so i can understand the problem you have with the world knowing of Berserk,

- c

Malf

well its then more accesable to kids. Do u really want our prized manga being sloberd all over by a 10 year old not knowing whats going on saying oow violene and titties yay come my ignorant little friends and look at this stuff. I like a small community of berserk fans. I really think berserk will lose its touch if it gets mainstream. I prefere the japanese books anyway. Just having it looked over by crappy ass american cencer law people going can we really show this i mean it a human body i dont think this kind of thing needs to be shown. Then have it risk being edited. Before i go off topic ill stop myslef. Now do you understand me to some degree.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Malf said:
Just having it looked over by crappy ass american cencer law people going can we really show this i mean it a human body i dont think this kind of thing needs to be shown. Then have it risk being edited.
What would lead you to beleive that it would be censored?
They already have parental descretion labels on the manga, and a 16+ label on the anime. Thus far the Anime is not censored and the manga up to volume 5 has not been Censored.  They also continue to speak of how they want do continue not censoring the Manga. Also the American Censoring Law is rather leaneant, they just like to put ratings on merchandise.  Individual companies are the ones to Censor.
So I suppose I am confused by this statement
Malf said:
well its then more accesable to kids. Do u really want our prized manga being sloberd all over by a 10 year old not knowing whats going on saying oow violene and titties yay come my ignorant little friends and look at this stuff. I like a small community of berserk fans. I really think berserk will lose its touch if it gets mainstream. I prefere the japanese books anyway.
If you prefer the Japanese, then why complain about how it would do here.If speaking of GT please remember that is also due to how the creator never wrote any of it, It was all based upon a few concept drawings.  In the case of berserk, I do not see anyone else picking up the series other than Miura
For being so concerned about those people underage to be able to read/watch it, it would help to not be speaking hypocrisy.
But If you prefer to have minimal fans, keeping the creator from making the money he deserves, so be it.

Malf said:
our prized manga being sloberd all over by a 10 year old not knowing whats going on

NOW YOUR PISSING ME OFF

kid_berserk said:
who did griffith really once loved??  Griffith's only goal was to gain power. He was a just man who gained many followers, but the first signs of his evil appear as he is tourtured and imprisoned for a year for the crime of makeing love to the princess of the kingdom he served. As his grip on reality began to loosen, he blamed it all on Guts, his most trusted man and in many ways best friend. Because Guts decided to leave the Hawks, Griffith blamed him for his own predicament. Even after being rescued by Guts and some of the Hawks, he grows jealous of the relationship between Guts and Caska, a female member of the Hawks who had previously been obsessed with Griffith. His ambition having been destroyed, he was visited by the four angels; the godhand. These servants of god promised to give him ultimate power and his dream of ruleing, but there had to be a sacrifice. Griffith sacrificed his men, the Hawks, the people who loved and admired him, without a second thought. As they were brutally massacred by the servents of the godhand, Griffith died and Femto, the final member of the godhand was born. The only people left alive at that point were Guts and Caska, so in order to spite the man who he blamed for his misfortune, he raped Caska and forced Guts to watch. Even Charlotte Her self Was A tool. he was using her to become king.

^ is that good for ya!  Anyway how the fuck old are you! berserk is for 18+. Plz just shut your insolent mouth. LOCKED

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
kid_berserk said:
^ is that good for ya!  Anyway how the fuck old are you! berserk is for 18+. Plz just shut your insolent mouth. LOCKED

Do not bring age into the problem. Me and Eddie are just as old as Malf... sadly. Malf, nothing bad will happen if more people read berserk. In fact, that just means more money for Miura.

Well actully the skullknight board would be flooded with idiots, which after reading your post is happening right now. But have no fear, our trustworthy admins will be here to save us in our time of need. Then they will go somewhere else to trash the place, like the hawks, or digitalpanic.

well malf,

should terminator 2 not have come out?

its not really suited for 10 year olds, at least you say, but im sure 10 year olds have watched it,

how about big macs?

they might give 10 year olds cancer  ::)

or trucks, they could go fast enough to kill a 10 year old  ::)

ol politically correct circular reasoning,

but i dont really care, its just amusing how you talk out of your ass and use no tact at all,

dictionary.com still works, and you have 24/7 free access,

and no, i dont understand your reasoning because it is illogical, lackadaisical, and full of lets judge a book by its cover bullshit,

but thats ok,

stay in space in the malf kingdom,

youre happy out there at least  :)

- c

ps. and with your reasoning, the bible shouldnt be published, transformers or voltron should be destroyed before they were ever drawn, and the news, you know, the nightly news with rape, drugs, murder, all of which shouldnt be seen by 10 year olds who should live in a world ignorant to the world  ::),

you just dont get it, keep it copasethic, learn to accept it, oh, youre so pathetic  8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom