Berserk web backround

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I've decided that I have been Procrastinating creating a web site(for the sole purpose of learing HTML) for far too long.  But I have now reached a snag, I would like to have a berserk page of my website but I would like to have a dark toned(dark grey almost black) berserk themed Backround image.(perferably small in size)

Also it would be helpful to know what would be good to have on the page.(I was thinking mostly berserk links. Like to the Official Berserk corner of YA, here, and the like.)

If you have any tips and suggestions please share. ;D

I am simply learning from various HTML tutorials I find in google. ;D

nir085

Horse and Armor
Headless Death said:
I've decided that I have been Procrastinating creating a web site(for the sole purpose of learing HTML) for far too long.  But I have now reached a snag, I would like to have a berserk page of my website but I would like to have a dark toned(dark grey almost black) berserk themed Backround image.(perferably small in size)
As fitting as a dark-toned layout/background image would be for the focus of your site, it may not give the surfer anything new to look at, as there is already a high percentage of BERSERK sites with such a tone. I'm not at all suggesting that you should make it hip or sunshine-y...just take a look around the Miura side of the net before settling on any web environment for your URL.

Also it would be helpful to know what would be good to have on the page.(I was thinking mostly berserk links. Like to the Official Berserk corner of YA, here, and the like.)
If popularity is one of your goals, then why not go for this approach ;D:
BERSERK sites to visit:
Skullknight.net
Skullknight.net's BBS
Kuroi Kenshi's fate
Nightfall Berserk
etc.

BERSERK sites not to visit:
TheHawks (I'm not giving you the link)
Yong's page (I'm not giving you the link)

Webmasters' tools (site resources):
(insert links here)

Aside from links, why don't you create [BBS] signatures too? It looks like you've already got a nice handle on it, if that isn't 10-4's work that you're using.

This is in addition to basic fan site necessities like profiles/why I created a BERSERK site/anime vs. manga/etc. (and for a profiles section you should avoid paragraph brevity to attain more uniqueness).

Or when you say "mostly berserk links" do you mean that you want to create a website directory only? The main problem with that is that it wouldn't exactly be big :-\...A website directory is something that would work fine for a series like, well, any series that has a lot of fansites to organize, but amongst a small community of devout fans, then no offense, but you may end up spending more time on getting your site googled than actually working on your page. If that's your goal, however, then by all means go for it.
I am simply learning from various HTML tutorials I find in google. ;D
Unless you're concentrating on creating on a very information-oriented website (which wouldn't stand out because of this site..), then you're going to want to learn more than HTML. CSS and Adobe Photoshop at the minimum. Dreamweaver, Flash, and Adobe Premiere even may also be helpful to you, but that's really farther down the line. I'm not exactly an expert in any of these elements myself (only a slow beginner), so I won't be able to give you better advice than others - I just know these are the tools you need to pick up.

Finally...you should try to get the advice of someone who's actually made a BERSERK page.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My advice to everyone who's thinking about creating a webpage (and I work with these people everyday, as my job), is to make sure your website has a purpose. Skullknight.net's purpose is to be a strong center for the Berserk community. JaMiE'z RaD WeBSpAcE's purpose is to show pics of her HoT BoYFrIeNd.

The tools you use aren't important as long as the site is navigable and serves its purpose.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Thank you everyone for your advice so far.

I think It will mostly be for links,(Mainly so I can use it as my homepage)
But I think Maybe after I reformat My PC for a clean install, I may get back into Gif creation and make some more BBS signatures. ;D

In case You need a link to my site so far.
http://headlessdeth.freewebpage.org/index.htm#banner
<or>
http://headlessdeth.freewebpage.org

But the main focus of the site I suppose will be My practice in HTML code.
And after I get into it more, a place for Berserk related GIFs. ;D

Great site HD. More than I could ever hope to do. Keep up the good work. BTW what exactly is Inviticus (to moderators it is on topic because its on his site)?

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Invictus means unconquered, or undeafeated. Where it is also the title of my favorite poem by William Ernest Henly. Just check my avatar and sig.
Although I haven't ceated the full gif yet. I Procrastinate quite often. ;D

D

darkbane

just a small tip from a casual surfer... the blue on patterned-black links hurt my eyes in addition to being hard to read. i'm probably not the only one to experience that. consider changing the default color of links (with a stylesheet for example).

Top Bottom