What Browser do you Use?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using Firefox for... a long time. It was called Phoenix back then actually. Before that I used Mozilla, and before Mozilla, IE.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I use the two interchangably right now, because My computer is having activeX problems, that some site's will not load at all in IE, or display inacuratly in Firefox, then do fine in the other browser.
Personally I like Firefox more, except the fact that some plug-ins do not work with it.

FireFox cause IE has this horrendous po-up problem. If Explorer is open I will be bombarded with ads about the size of my wallet and my penis. It's really weird.
So I switched to FireFox cause it blocks pop-ups. Of course, it's finicky and won't open certain pages. About.com is inconceivable now as it freezes on contact. :(
There go those online French lessons!
But I'm assuming these are all fixable problems, and I realize I should probably invest some money into a new comp, but who has that kind of money lying around when there are so many DVDs to buy?!

To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the big difference between....ANY of the browsers is besides the names and the pop-up blocker.
Please educate me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ranemaka13 said:
So I switched to FireFox cause it blocks pop-ups. Of course, it's finicky and won't open certain pages. About.com is inconceivable now as it freezes on contact. :(

Works mighty fine here. Did you install the needed plugins? They're on your computer by default for IE thanks to Windows, but you have to install them for FireFox.

There's hardly any page I can't see well with FireFox nowadays, and when it's the case, it means it's coded the wrong way.

Aazealh said:
Did you install the needed plugins? They're on your computer by default for IE thanks to Windows, but you have to install them for FireFox.
I'll certainly check in on that. I d/led the javascript plugin and the flash one too. Other than that, I had no idea I needed more. :-\

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Avant Browser.... I think I'm the only one here that does... It's really user friendloy, so I get my Homework and Research done much faster.

D

darkbane

IE6.0

At least on my xp pro install it blocks popups by default. Running a browser that's being catered for by the majority of all websites has slight advantages. Mozilla is fine as far as I'm concerned, used it a lot during my RedHat days (been a while). Never used Firefox before, but since it's OS it's gotta be cool ;D j/k.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What Bowser do you Use?

What Bowser do you Use?

bowser2.jpg

Top Bottom