True or false?

nir085

Horse and Armor
I was just looking around on e-bay for rare BERSERK stuff when I came across this right here being auctioned for $0.99.

My question, to collectors, is if this and the other seller's items are legitimate. $0.99 seems like a really low price to pay for something that would be part of an exclusive minis set...and I couldn't find that on Art of War's site, though it did turn up more than once on Yahoo!Japan, so I'm confused. (And yes, people have sold limited edition figures for ridiculously low prices on ebay, not even Yahoo!Japan before; that's how I got my Guts Danzai Hen PVC for $15 ;D)

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Read, "GBP 0.99 (Approximately US $1.92)"

Also note that's just the starting bid. Seller is probably betting on people having high interest, or at least enough for it to be boosted up to its desired price. Selling low to start will always attract the shopper's eye, and is more likely to get higher bids.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like he's just selling the Zodd bust, which doesn't cost much in itself, especially colored like that.

Hello nir085,

This item is indeed legitimate.  AOW has released 4 volumes of MINI action figure sets.  This Zoddo bust is from volume 3.  AOW also releases color variants as well.  Volume 3 in particular has a copper color-variant, which is what is shown in that auction.

Here's a pic taken directly from AOW's site:

OP11089092914_1.jpg

In terms of this being a valuable piece of merchandise... that's really up to you.  It's rare... but it's quite small and made out of pvc plastic.  Also, as an entire set, the copper edition can be worth a decent chunk of money, but since this is just one piece, it loses a bit of value.

But anyways, if you're a Zoddo fan, a few bucks for it shouldn't be too bad.  I don't think the bids will go too high for this auction.  But who knows eh? =P

nir085

Horse and Armor
Thanks everyone. While sifting through that guy's other items, I found another (last) issue of legitimacy I was unsure of:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1345&item=5939348262&rd=1

I know there's an exclusive Boscogne bloody mini but doesn't that include his chestplate being bloody too? That's what it looked like on AOW's site anyways.

Top Bottom