Any of you wonder how Griffith's downfall will happen?

Looking at the current situation I dont think Guts has what it takes to take him down on his own but I would be disappointed if anyone but Guts (alone) took him down.

D

darkbane

This is just my (in this case extremely biased and perhaps not well founded) opinion but I think that there won't be a showdown between Guts and Griffith in the traditional sense, or that Griffith will fall. Before Guts can do anything about Griffith he will have to let go of his rage. After that, I think some kind of redemption of Griffith will be in order. But not a hack and slash fest ending in Griffith's demise. Actually I'm hoping that Charlotte will get to play a role in that, more than Guts. What this will be like, I cannot even begin to guess. But all this is wishful thinking; I think it's too early in the story to deduce what will happen to Griffith, and Miura always has some surprises in store for us even when he warns us about them via prophecy.

GRIFFITH REDEEMED??!!!!
NEVER!!!
CLEANSE, PURGE, KILL!!

Sorry about that, my Griffith-hating side took over for a while. But seriously, I think that the propability of Griffith being redeemed is quite minimal. Guts is never going to forgive him for what he has done. I can imagine so many different ways for Griffith to fall that my head almost implodes.

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
GRIFFITH REDEEMED??!!!!
NEVER!!!
CLEANSE, PURGE, KILL!!

Sorry about that, my Griffith-hating side took over for a while. But seriously, I think that the propability of Griffith being redeemed is quite minimal. Guts is never going to forgive him for what he has done. I can imagine so many different ways for Griffith to fall that my head almost implodes.

probably just my concession to fantasy. anyway if u can imagine so many different ways, why not name some? i think that was the purpose of this thread lol

Opie

The Sex Icon
We could go all Conan style and end it with a whimper and not a bang. Good clean slice from the DS after Griffith finishes an awsome speech about something or other....or Griffiths downfall comes because of his actions not anyone elses. "Napoleons Russia" kinda thing, gets alittle to headstrong and all that jazz.

Although the dreamer in me wants Griffith to get his kingdom have it all work out and have it snatched away by Guts when everythings golden. Guts slashes, Griffith slashes, yadda yadda yadda Griffith gets impaled, gives a speech about how he has no regrets and he fulfilled his dream and was truly happy, Griffith dies, Guts gets a very unsatisfying revenge, goes home to Caska to make the babies and live as a farmer or something lame like that.

Then again I was never really very creative.

I get this feeling that when Griffith falls its going to be similar to when Guts defeated Griffith when he left. Kinda like Guts the witch and maybe serpico leaveing (elfhelm?) together leaving Farn and a saine Caska behind to watch as they embark to take Griffith down. Then Guts fighting Griffith with his head on strait and making a quick finish of Griffith, but im hopeing Miura doesnt do something that pridictable. I also like the idea of Charlotte taking Griffith down...maybe something like how Ceasar was stabbed in the back by his most trusted friend (can't remember his name)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
NeverSoul said:
I also like the idea of Charlotte taking Griffith down...maybe something like how Ceasar was stabbed in the back by his most trusted friend (can't remember his name)
Well Ceasar was not murdered by a single man but by a whole group.
[quote author=Suetonius Life date, LXXXII.]
When he saw that he was beset on every side by drawn daggers, he muffled his head in his robe, and at the same time drew down its lap to his feet with his left hand, in order to fall more decently, with the lower part of his body also covered. And in this wise he was stabbed with three and twenty wounds, uttering not a word, but merely a groan at the first stroke, though some have written that when Marcus Brutus rushed at him, he said in Greek, 'You too, my child?' [/quote]
Although Marcus Brutus did indeed participate in Ceasar's murder/(suicide if your sceptic), he did not plan it and execute it alone.

As for Charlotte, I would find her actions to be far more passive, I do not think she could kill someone. If she was to betray Griffith, I find it to be something more along the lines of being an informant, like she did for the BotH, before Griffith's Rescue.

D

darkbane

Headless Death said:
As for Charlotte, I would find her actions to be far more passive, I do not think she could kill someone.  If she was to betray Griffith, I find it to be something more along the lines of being an informant, like she did for the BotH, before Griffith's Rescue.

What I was referring to was redemption through her love for Griffith, making him more humane, or something like that.

No matter how he falls, I certainely want it to be humiliating.
Maybe Guts will cut Griffith`s balls of because of what Griffith did to casca(not a very likely theory, but fun to imagine)

Opie said:
We could go all Conan style and end it with a whimper and not a bang. Good clean slice from the DS after Griffith finishes an awsome speech about something or other....or Griffiths downfall comes because of his actions not anyone elses. "Napoleons Russia" kinda thing, gets alittle to headstrong and all that jazz.

Although the dreamer in me wants Griffith to get his kingdom have it all work out and have it snatched away by Guts when everythings golden. Guts slashes, Griffith slashes, yadda yadda yadda Griffith gets impaled, gives a speech about how he has no regrets and he fulfilled his dream and was truly happy, Griffith dies, Guts gets a very unsatisfying revenge, goes home to Caska to make the babies and live as a farmer or something lame like that.

Then again I was never really very creative.

Unless something happens like Guts kills Griffith and in some odd way he usurps Griffith's kingdom. Which before Griffith dies he sees that Guts had attained the dream he always wanted. Not only did Guts take Griffith's life but also took his dream.

I want to see my revenge to but I’d like to see some justice to. ;)

Opie

The Sex Icon
Guts running a Kingdom wouldn't still well with me. Not because "Ohh burn I stole your dream!" type of justice from Guts to Griffith, but because it's contrived. Its just bad writing. Griffith is supposed to be everything "Great" about humanity, he's what Alexander, Napoleon, Saladin, Richard the Lionheart and even Hitler were made of. To have Guts just hop on in that little club cheapens each of their characters (so far) 15 year development.

But come one...we all know his souls just going to end up in the same place as Vagases and the other people touched by the God Hand. There's your poetic justice right there.

Opie said:
Guts running a Kingdom wouldn't still well with me. Not because "Ohh burn I stole your dream!" type of justice from Guts to Griffith, but because it's contrived. Its just bad writing. Griffith is supposed to be everything "Great" about humanity, he's what Alexander, Napoleon, Saladin, Richard the Lionheart and even Hitler were made of. To have Guts just hop on in that little club cheapens each of their characters (so far) 15 year development.

But come one...we all know his souls just going to end up in the same place as Vagases and the other people touched by the God Hand. There's your poetic justice right there.

The way you’re putting it is bad writing. From your point of view it sounds like a cheap cliché' Saturday morning villain rant! Now that’s bad writing. :D

I see it of when Guts kills Griffith -what will happen to his Kingdom? Will the people want a reluctant Guts to be their ruler for Killing Griffith (the Kingdom wasn't a great place according to what the Barkeep said in the 1st episode)? Will Farneeze, Serpico and the others (Silat maybe?), ask him to be King after it's all said and done? The way I envisioned it the crown is not something would grasp for intentionally. He would be a reluctant king but a great one.

I probably would have agreed with you a couple of years ago that he'd settle down somewhere but as time has gone on he's becoming more and more destined for bigger things (at least in my eyes). Even tho' I'm sure Miura could make something like a farmers life (or blacksmith's life) a good satisfying ending for Guts but it would seem very "eh" to me, too Superman for my taste (even though I love Superman it's just not very Guts).

Oh well. Odds are we are way, waaay off of what Miura actually has in mind for Guts. Predicting his stuff has never been easy but it’s a very fun pastime. ;D

If it were a fight to the finish in the throne room (not saying that's where there final battle will take place) I could see Guts worn out, seriously injured, and just colapse onto the throne from exhaustion.  And then realize where he was sitting and like maybe see a crown on the floor or look out across the room out the window to the balcony and see the kingdom.  Ending it there would leave us with a cliffhanger where the ending would be debated for a long time.  Did Guts become king or not would be on a lot of fans' minds. That's a big if, though.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Gaiseric The Great said:
Will the people want a reluctant Guts to be their ruler for Killing Griffith (the Kingdom wasn't a great place according to what the Barkeep said in the 1st episode)?

The quote is a change made by the anime people, at the time Griffith hasn't been around since the Eclipes. He's been Causalitying it up with God Hand for abit before his Rebirth later on.

Plus, save that reluctant king stuff for Riddick and his lame yet oddly enjoyable movies.

Opie said:
The quote is a change made by the anime people, at the time Griffith hasn't been around since the Eclipes. He's been Causalitying it up with God Hand for abit before his Rebirth later on.

Plus, save that reluctant king stuff for Riddick and his lame yet oddly enjoyable movies.

I didn't see Riddick as it looked stupid (I wanted another Pitch Black-esque flick but what I saw trailer wise looked like DUNE-lite... very lite.) so I can't comment on that.

The reluctant King bit has worked in several stories in the past so its do-able. As long as it's not done in a "Chosen-one" or Conan "But that was another story" type way I'd be happy. Regardless of what really happens I want a happy ending but at the same time an ending that is a "Berserk ending". ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gaiseric The Great said:
I'm sure Miura could make something like a farmers life (or blacksmith's life) a good satisfying ending for Guts but it would seem very "eh" to me, too Superman for my taste (even though I love Superman it's just not very Guts). 

Becoming a king is even less Guts than that.

D

darkbane

We most likely won't get any kind of "and they lived happily ever after" thingy explicitly handed to us; the ending will probably be a bit of dialogue followed by either one of those sunset scenes, or by, say, a field after battle, the dragonslayer stuck in the earth, and a tattered hawks banner stuck to it, moved by a slight wind.

P

paradise_lost

In my opinion it remains still too much time untill the end of the manga to be able to answer to the question of this topic ... it's so difficult ...

:-\

But in that time, while Guts was with Zodd and Griffith on the "sword hill", I felt heart of Griffith ...

:-\

Paradise, it's speculation dude. It's a thought. There's nothing tough about speculating stuff. It's not like we are actually trying to predict how it'll all go down.

Pippin22, come on man. Surely you saw the title of the thread. It's about his fall. Not wether he'll fall or not. No one knows if he'll fall or not, it's just speculation, chief.

D

darkbane

dwarfkicker said:
Pippin22, come on man. Surely you saw the title of the thread. It's about his fall. Not wether he'll fall or not. No one knows if he'll fall or not, it's just speculation, chief.

I think it fits just fine. Q: How will Griff fall. A: not at all. Just speculation, right?

Well, at least not for another 20 to 30 volumes. But if he really cannot be redeemed, (and I think he can), then Guts better be involved in his fall.

Not to draw too much of a comparison between Berserk and Kill Bill but I think that Miura might have some explanations on Grifiths part about why he did what he did and though Gutts kills him he becomes the Bill of Berserk. You want him to die but you want him to live. He wouldn't have a need to kill the Godhand because in the end Grifith was the one responsable for all the evil poured out on the hawks Caska and Gutts. It closes as Gutts walks into Grifiths masterless army ready to devour him. And as they charge he closes his eyes and lifts his sword and that is it. The series ends as Grifith lies dead and Gutts faces imposible odds.

P

paradise_lost

dwarfkicker said:
Paradise, it's speculation dude.  It's a thought.  There's nothing tough about speculating stuff.  It's not like we are actually trying to predict how it'll all go down.

U right dude, but try please to read under the lines of my words ...

:p

Then, for what about the speculation point ... what do u think if Griffith at the end 'll fall for his choice? It'll be his little part of humanity to win ... ? He has inside a little bit of Gatts baby at the end ...

I actually believe that If Guts were to kill the Griffith that is in the world now he wouldn't actually be killing Griffith at all.

Griffith/Femto is first and foremost a member of God Hand.  And if their regular existence is that of ethereal beings his spirit will return to where ever the God Hands dwell (can't remember if it's the Nexus or Vortex, I could be wrong on both accounts) upon being ended by Guts. 

So what does that leave?  Killing the Griffith here and now would in actuality be killing Guts' child, being it's not Griffith's body but the child's body that Griffith's spirit has taken hold of.

So when this Griffith apparently dies, it will actually be Guts' kid that bites it. 

If the realms merge and Griffith's spirit is back in the God Hand's den then Griffith (as Femto) will have a corporeal body as well as the other God Hand members.  And once he has an actual body that is infact his own, he will be able to be killed.

That's how I think things will turn out.  But it's all just speculation on my part.

didnt griffith give up his uber femto body to be reborn to take over the world pinky, i mean dwarfkicker?  ;D

or am i just really tired and thinking of two different things?

wasnt that the point of infecting (my choice of words) caska so he could move himself into a human child? or am i misunderstanding and need to sleep?  :-X

but i digress

have a nice evening

- c  :)

Top Bottom