What If Guts had taken the beherit when Griffith offered it to him?

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Devil666Reaper said:
What if Guts took the beherit when Griffith offered it to him ?? What would happen then to the story ??

It probably would have found a way to go back to Griffith. The red beherit was destined for Griffith to use by the laws of causality. Remember, Griffith did lose the beherit once when he was being tortured, but it eventually found a way back into Griffith's hands in time for the eclipse. If Griffith had given it to Guts that one time, then Guts probaby would have either given it back or gotten killed in battle for Griffith to reclaim it.

I doubt Guts would have gotten killed while holding on to it. More likely he would have lost it or had it stolen and it would have eventually made it back to Griffith.

N

NofrikinfuN

I've wondered about this myself, actually. From what I understand, Guts seems to bend fate fairly well, since he was never meant to live from the start. (His birth from his hanged mother.)

Would the behelit still make it back to Griffith? Or would Guts' influence be strong enough to keep it away? (Or does this "fate-bending" only affect Guts and his life, not outside objects?)

I've also read that the behelit Guts currently carries was not meant for him... Is there a reason it hasn't left his possession yet? Or has its true owner simply not come about just yet?

My apologies for any misinformation. My only sources are scanslations. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NofrikinfuN said:
From what we know, Guts seems to bend fate fairly well, since he was never meant to live from the start. (His birth from his hanged mother.)

NofrikinfuN said:
My apologies for any misinformation. My only sources are scanslations. :p

Bingo dude, that line about "fate-bending" and being "out of fate" is a typical "bad translation" error. The only one to say that Guts shouldn't have lived is Gambino, whom at that precise time and on that precise subject had no credibility whatsoever (he was insane after Sis' death and probably drunk at that time, his comment was subjective and totally uneducated, a sophisticated insult at best). Guts isn't exactly "altering fate" either.

He lives in the interstice since he was branded, and he can be a jumping fish in the river, not just a shadow on the water. That way, he can sort of defy the principles of the world (ruled by Causality), if only rarely and for a short period of time (see the dialogue between him and SK before the incarnation ceremony). However, a fish can never change the flow of the river ;).

NofrikinfuN said:
I've also read that the behelit Guts currently carries was not meant for him... Is there a reason it hasn't left his possession yet? Or has its true owner simply not come about just yet?

It may not be meant for him. For now, it's just speculation.

how about when Guts left the Band of Hawks and went free, and when he heard that the Band of Hawks are wanted and didn't go for their help , i mean wouldn't the band of Hawks be destroyed and then Griffith will have no sacriface at his party!!

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Devil666Reaper said:
how about when Guts left the Band of Hawks and went free, and when he heard that the Band of Hawks are wanted and didn't go for their help , i mean wouldn't the band of Hawks be destroyed and then Griffith will have no sacriface at his party!!

Guts is not a heartless bastard, despite what some people may think. Yes, he did leave the BoTH, but he did it to find his own path, not because he didn't care about them. He did have friends in the BoTH and emotional ties to them. Who wouldn't after fighting beside a group of people for several years. I think another reason why there would have been no possibility that Guts would leave the BoTH to die back then was Casca. She had become the BoTH leader in Griffith's place and it was common knowledge that the BoTH were being lead by her when Guts received the news. I know that you're trying to stir the pot of speculation, but it's hard to speculate on the 'what ifs' on a situation that already happened, sorry.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well if you think about it, everything that guts has done plays into the hands of fate. Guts WOULDN'T refuse to help the hawks, and Guts WOULDN'T accept the behliet. It is his nature; it is how idea made him to fit the part of causality.

Top Bottom