Author Topic: After the Break  (Read 2489 times)

Offline Trashcan

• Of the Interstice
  • "It is pure Potential"
After the Break
« on: December 09, 2004, 01:06:17 AM »
With the confirmation that Miura-sensei is taking a break before tackling ep. 250, I'm sure we're all filled with breathless anticipation as to just what the next episode will bring.

Personally, I think he's taking the time to research famous naval battles in order to bring us lucky readers a major sea battle at the port, with Guts&co. dodging cannonballs, desperately fighting their way onto a boat, narrowly escaping being sunk, and trying to manage a boat without any experience among any of them.

Oh, and Azan becomes the 'Hero of Vrittanis', only to play second fiddle to--Griffith! ;D

What are your thoughts? (Boy, did I ask for it... :P)
It's always the same. Now if you had the two eyes on the same side of the nose, for instance -- or the mouth at the top -- that would be some help.'

`It wouldn't look nice,' Alice objected. But Humpty Dumpty only shut his eyes, and said `Wait till you've tried.'

Offline xechnao

• The Board's Troll Boy
  • Of the Vortex
Re: After the Break
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 01:12:27 AM »
With the confirmation that Miura-sensei is taking a break before tackling ep. 250, I'm sure we're all filled with breathless anticipation as to just what the next episode will bring.

Personally, I think he's taking the time to research famous naval battles in order to bring us lucky readers a major sea battle at the port, with Guts&co. dodging cannonballs, desperately fighting their way onto a boat, narrowly escaping being sunk, and trying to manage a boat without any experience among any of them.

Oh, and Azan becomes the 'Hero of Vrittanis', only to play second fiddle to--Griffith! ;D

What are your thoughts? (Boy, did I ask for it... :P)

What about Isidro striking excellency and finding his new scope in life: "best captain of the high seas" !
And the game plays on people's backs and they don't even have a clue about it, wasting their energy because their attention is distracted by the rulers' game itself.
Pay attention people. Watch your back!

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 05:05:44 AM »
I think Azan will join; 9 is company. That is after they beat up that Daiba character, and take his ship of course. And Azan will have plenty of boat experience, afterall he WAS found sleeping on one...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 07:16:47 AM by Aazealh »
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline NeverSoul

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 06:48:19 AM »
For some reason i think im going to see Isidro sea sick as comic relief. Knowing how close they are to being on a ship i hope Miura doesnt find a way to drag out their voyage. It would be interesting to see Azan join the crew would need a captain cause i dont think anyone has prior experiance. I cant wait to see whats going to happen.
When Angels fall from heaven they become Devils~Vicious

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 07:22:56 AM »
I think episode 250 was done 2 months ago, and that Miura's just taking Christmas vacations.

As for the Kushan attack, I'd see it in 250 or 251, the Pishacha doing most of the job, Daiba using some tricks too maybe. And I of course would like Azan to join Guts' band :).

I don't think the Neo Hawks will show up to save Vritannis. Maybe to crush the Kushans after they destroy it.

And Azan will have plenty of boat experience, afterall he WAS found sleeping on one...

Yeah, he slept on a small boat, barely larger than him, so he should be able to operate a 3 masts ship without any problem ::).

PS: Don't even bother to tell me you weren't serious.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 12:45:45 PM by Aazealh »

Offline IV

• Of the Nexus
  • Headless Death
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 07:43:20 AM »
And I of course would like Azan to join Guts' band :).
Wouldn't we all. ;D

And possibly the Kushan attack will allow Silat to have more devolopment in the story.  He could be the struggler of the group of Kushans, the only survivor after the Neo-Band of the Hawk destroy them.

paradise_lost

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 08:31:37 AM »

Wouldn't we all. ;D

And possibly the Kushan attack will allow Silat to have more devolopment in the story.  He could be the struggler of the group of Kushans, the only survivor after the Neo-Band of the Hawk destroy them.

I'm sure that Silat 'll join the Guts group ... I can't wait that moment ...

8)

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 08:33:17 AM »

Well, I don't think he'll be part of that, Daiba's unit seems to be naval forces and Pishacha only. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll see Silat when the story focus on Ganishka's hold of Wyndham again. He seemed to have business to do with Rakshas, and for all we know, Rakshas is still infiltrated inside the town, working on whatever his mission is.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 11:36:07 AM by Aazealh »

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 11:41:50 AM »
Well, I don't think he'll be part of that, Daiba's unit seems to be naval forces and Pishacha only.
But Daiba isn't the one attacking the city, apparently.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004, 12:29:35 PM »
But Daiba isn't the one attacking the city, apparently.

Oh? Some inedite info, or just something I missed?

I just remember Daiba telling one of his acolyte that the "general in the land" could advance his armies, but I didn't take it like Daiba's crew would stay out of it.

darkbane

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2004, 02:06:12 PM »

My thoughts exactly... is what i want to say, but now I too am waiting on the newest tidbit from the Hague instead.  ;D

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2004, 05:28:48 PM »
I just remember Daiba telling one of his acolyte that the "general in the land" could advance his armies, but I didn't take it like Daiba's crew would stay out of it.
Sure, I guess he could still be a part of it... 'Dunno...