Rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever play Devil May Cry and notice the currency there looks a hell of a lot like Beherits? DMC 2 has more detailed pictures and the look like crimson Beherits.

I searched the net for a image but all could get is this video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_devilmaycry3_m1.html

The little red things enemies drop are red and when he first picks one up the goes into detail. The image is a contorted face on a red orb. You also have yellow orbs and green orbs with the same contorted face.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oh well, it's as much a rip off of beherits as it is of the Megasphere in DooM.

soul.gif
pinv.gif
mega.gif

Source for the gifs

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Aazealh said:
Oh well, it's as much a rip off of beherits as it is of the Megasphere in DooM.
We could say that Berserk itself is a rip-off of Doom :eek:ne man vs the forces of hell that have slaughtered all his comrades.Of course in Doom you have the BFG, in Berserk the BFS. And do you remember the "berserk pak" ? and now that I think about it: in the first doom you were able to punch only with the left arm...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alucard said:
My point though is does anyone see more simalarity with these? These are DEMON souls.

The Soulsphere and the Megasphere are also demon souls (and the beherits in Berserk aren't).

roberto999 said:
We could say that Berserk itself is a rip-off of Doom

Except the fact that Berserk is from 1989 and DooM from 1993.

roberto999 said:
one man vs the forces of hell

Guts isn't really fighting against the forces of Hell anyway...

roberto999 said:
that have slaughtered all his comrades.

Well, the marine had just got there, they weren't really his friends, and they have become zombies.

roberto999 said:
And do you remember the "berserk pak" ? and now that I think about it: in the first doom you were able to punch only with the left arm...

Are you sure about that? (I can't remember honestly, but I thought it was the right arm). Anyway, Guts' left arm is the fake one.

D

darkbane

doom is doom, berserk is berserk, any kind of contrived connection between the two is probably ludicrous. iirc doom was influenced more by alien and evil dead than anything else. berserk was probably not known in the usa back then, except maybe in the closest of geek circles. (internet was weak, and i think DH started releasing in 2003, so that was a way off too)

I guess no one saw the similarities as more than a coincidence. Oh well. Still looks like a kick-ass game though. Sword-Master all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom