Alucard, Vash and Dante

Anyone know why the model of a red suit two custom guns one black one white is so popular? Hellsing's Alucard, Trigun's Vash and Devil May Cry's Dante all have this. Can anyone explain this trend?

P

paradise_lost

Alucard said:
Anyone know why the model of a red suit two custom guns one black one white is so popular?  Hellsing's Alucard, Trigun's Vash and Devil May Cry's Dante all have this.  Can anyone explain this trend?

I can't really explain the reason why ... I have the colection of Alucard Hellsing, bug I didn't love it so much ...

:-\

paradise_lost said:
bug I didn't love it so much ...

:-\

Wait...  What?  I have no idea what you just said.

It's done to look badass.

But it is done way too much. Why are all three characters that much alike. Whats more none of them are human. Vash is a plant, Alucard is a vampire and Dante is a half demon. I would sue. Its like if a movie came out and everyone wore Armani and shades everywhere. Wichouwskis would sue because they stole the look of the Matrix. Anyway Vash acts too wimpy to be badass.

vash made it look good, dante is just a ps2 game character and can get away with it, and alucard along with the whole hellsing series is just mind numbing crap...

speaking of vampires, did anybody find the latest castlevania good? i thought it was crap when held up to devil may cry...

You have insulted Hellsing sir! I demand a duel. jk but it was a good series if you liked vampires and even better if you liked the manga. If DBZ were a one and Berserk were a ten then Hellsing is a six... I officially apologize as a Hellsing fan for the last 2 episodes. The manga was alot deeper and had a much better plot.

Castlevania on the PS2 you mean? I played it and it is OK and has a good line of character designs but... I hate their maps! Continuity errors and finaly you have to go to every location in the game. It is like Metroid. But horribly pointless.

Alucard said:
But it is done way too much. Why are all three characters that much alike. Whats more none of them are human. Vash is a plant, Alucard is a vampire and Dante is a half demon. I would sue. Its like if a movie came out and everyone wore Armani and shades everywhere. Wichouwskis would sue because they stole the look of the Matrix. Anyway Vash acts too wimpy to be badass.
I wouldn`t call them that much alike. I don`t know about this Dante but Alucard and Hellsing are completely different. Vash is a wimp who babbles about love and peace on a planet where everyone is armed, and Alucard is this total badass who doesn`t hesitate to slaughter innocent people if he has to(hellsing volume 3). Also, I don`t think that they look exactly like each other. I was totally surprised when someone said that Kouta Hirano had copied vash for Alucard (Kouta Hirano was also surprised, apparently, he hadn`t even read trigun before starting with Hellsing).

Khorne said:
I was totally surprised when someone said that Kouta Hirano had copied vash for Alucard (Kouta Hirano was also surprised, apparently, he hadn`t even read trigun before starting with Hellsing)

I like Hellsing too I just want to know if anyone sees a deeper reason than badass for the characters dreesing the way they do and if not than does anyone think it was overdone.

The red outfit/coat has meaning. Red in japan is the color of heros. Thus these people:

-Dante
-Vash
-Alucard
-Inuyasha

are all heros.

That's how Hideki Kamiya, creator of Devil May Cry 1, explained why he chose the red outfit for Dante.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
But we all know he was ripping off of Alucard, whom ripped off of Vash. No excuse for the guns, not to mention long white hair in anime is the most trite of all. So combining long white hair with the red coat, and the black and white guns does not make Dante "the ultimate badass" it makes him "the ultimate cliched peice of shit" . Oh yeah, and the whole half demon thing, that makes it even worse.

The only reason Griffith gets away with white hair is because he did it back when it was fresh. And Sephiroth gets away with it because he was the first mainstream white haired villan weilding a katana.

Even Vicious from CB whom I like alot as a character is kind of cliched.

Oh and for the record, Hellsing the anime is shit.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I just want to know why it takes for ever and a day to come out with a new chapter!

Oh yea, and a bit of a spoiler for hellsing......

They end up fighting some deranged nazi guy with his little band of vampire followers and in a bit of a team up, Alucard and the crazy Catholic paladin dude, Alexander beat the living shit out of the troops and the vampires... to a degree anyways, its pretty cool, but they just released the begining of Volume 8!!! ;D

Wah wah wah said:

That is an opinion. Please state it as one.

The red outfit/coat has meaning. Red in japan is the color of heros. Thus these people:

-Dante
-Vash
-Alucard
-Inuyasha

are all heros.

That's how Hideki Kamiya, creator of Devil May Cry 1, explained why he chose the red outfit for Dante.

That was the first usefull reply I have heard.

Anyone have any other theories? (please don't be like Wah Wah Wah and make a statement without evidence or state an opinion as a fact.)

Wah wah wah is baby as his name is the sound a crying baby makes. I don't like how people just jump into a topic and start shit like that. Wah, you'd fit in at Gamefaqs perfectly.

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
Just because The Ultimate Bad Ass is below my avatar of Dante, doesn't mean I'm referring to him, chief.
Never said I was, did I make any mention of your name in my post? There are plenty of rampant Dante fanboys out there.

Just like the member named "Alucard" is a rampant Alucard fanboy, notice the only reply he called useful was the one that wasn't proving how cliched his little vampire buddy was.

And it's fact not opinion, Hellsing the anime is crap. If you like Alucard that much, just read the manga.

Well since it wasn't an attack, I apologize for my rudeness in my above statement. I just assumed since no one else stated Dante being the Ultimate Bad Ass that you took one look at the sig beneath my avatar and went off on a tie raid.

Besides, Guts is more of a bad ass than Dante ;D

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
Well since it wasn't an attack, I apologize for my rudeness in my above statement.  I just assumed since no one else stated Dante being the Ultimate Bad Ass that you took one look at the sig beneath my avatar and went off on a tie raid.

Besides, Guts is more of a bad ass than Dante ;D
Trust me, I've seen my fair share of Dante fanboys and I'm pretty sick of them stating him as the be all end all badass character.

And, yes I agree with your second statement.

Dante had a bad ass tude for part of DMC 1. But he came off as a mama's boy at the end. Dante was silent, no personality, but a few cool one liners in DMC 2. But it did nothing for his character. From what I've seen and played of DMC 3 Dante looks to actually be the cocky, trash talking bad ass that he was originally supposed to be. But I'll wait to reserve judgement of his character in part 3 until it actually comes out.

As it stands, Alucard, when compared to Dante, is more of a bad ass. He's also a lunatic which adds to his coolness factor. He's been alive for so long that it comes as no surprise that his mentality would fall in the lunacy category.

Inuyasha is an ass hole. And that has it's moments but being an ass hole all the time makes for a waste of a character.

Vash.............is just a pussy. I have never seen a character cry so much.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Wah wah wah said:

Aw, c'mon.  Episode 6 is great.  And the soundtrack is a lot of fun.
But yes, of course, the manga is where the good is at.  Yay gore!  Yay Rip!  Aw, Rip.

...what volume are they up to in Japan?  I only have up to 6, is 8 really out already?  Or do you mean the stuff that will be in 8 is out in Young King Ours?

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
Stuff about Dante, Vash, Alucard and Inuyasha, regarding their levels of bad-assery or lack thereof.
Vash- The Trigun manga and Trigun Maximum are of course much better then the anime, and Vash does have is insightful intelligent moments, but overall I agree, not so much that he's a pussy but that he's not badass.

Dante- You already know my opinions on his appearance, the only time's I really enjoyed him as a character were when he was being a cocky little son of a bitch in DMC. But even then he was rarely badass, he certainly had his moments of course IE. Alastor scene, but overall nothing to write home about IMO.

Alucard- To me he is the worst of them all. I find his pseudo-psycho attitude and how incredibly overpowered he is just total turn offs that in fact bring his badass level down.

Constuctive critisism like that is always better than calling him and his stuff shit. This way people can undestand where your coming from. ;)

I chose Alucard because the best names were taken and all that were left were cliches. So I chose a name unrelated to Berserk. I am no fanboy

Back to the topic at hand: does anyone know why they dress so similarly?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Wah wah wah said:
Alucard- To me he is the worst of them all. I find his pseudo-psycho attitude and how incredibly overpowered he is just total turn offs that in fact bring his badass level down.

*shrugs* Fair enough.  If you don't like western comic book levels of power in your entertainment, I can understand that.  I mean, Cable is pretty boring. But I still like Alucard for his goofy enthusiasm.

Azn He-Man666

Lithrael said:
*shrugs* Fair enough.  If you don't like western comic book levels of power in your entertainment, I can understand that.  I still  like Alucard for his goofy enthusiasm.  I mean, Cable is pretty boring.
No no it's not that, in fact I like the Hellsing manga, hell Bastard! is one of my favorites and that's pretty much the highest powered manga there is.

It's moreso that in the anime Alucard pretty much creams everything he comes up against, and you never feel he's in any real danger.

Dunno, just kind of cheapened the feel for me, I think characters should start off lower and at least have some sort of progression before that kind of power is gained.

Top Bottom