The Da Vinci Code

The book is fun, but if the vatican was as crazy as portrayed in Hellsing, Dan Brown would definitely be on Alexander Anderson`s kill-list. he, he, he

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I found it entertaining, already knew most of the "great revelations" used to support the plot (not that good) though. Would have been better without some of the clichés.

D

darkbane

I'm still waiting for my copy, it got "stuck" in Moscow, ie I think my dad is reading it...

darkbane said:
I'm still waiting for my copy, it got "stuck" in Moscow, ie I think my dad is reading it...

I forgot... whats "ie" supposed to mean?

*drinks sake*

Anyhow, I think I got a copy sitting around somewhere my gf read it and she told me to read it... never got around to opening it. It did get some great reviews... maybe I should read it huh?

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Might give it a browse one of this days, but so far I have not been overtaken to buy it nor to even browse it (even tho the bookstores here seem to be spamed with that book). I am currently reading Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamand, I greatly recommend it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
It means "for example" but I don't know exactly what it stands for.

No, it stands for the latin expression "id est", and would mean "that is to say" or "in other words".

"For example" is abbreviated as e.g. (exempli gratia).

Aazealh said:
No, it stands for the latin expression "id est", and would mean "that is to say" or "in other words".

THANK YOU!! You know Ive been asking myself what it meant exactly for the past I dunno 3 months maybe... Ive just been too lazy to look around the web and see if I got an answer.

*drinks sake*

Aaz you rule.

Do you guys follow the TV serie ''Alias'' with Jennifer Garner ? Rumbaldi is also named in that TV serie...

I have the book.. but I didn't have time to read it yet.

2 of my friends spoke highly of it and I haven't read a decent book in a fair while so I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it sometime.

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:

What he said. Heh.

D

darkbane

Kyoke said:
This is supposed to be a post with no meaning right?

*drinks urine*

Like mine :p

We're in Shootin the breeze anyhow. Also since your question was about my post in the first place...

darkbane said:
We're in Shootin the breeze anyhow. Also since your question was about my post in the first place...

you will answer with another one... as will I ;D

Isnt this fun? I wonder how long a thread can go in these forums posting spam back and forth without turning into flame or being closed. Even if its inside Shooting the breeze.

Tho' this thread IS about the Da Vinci code... Ill be respectful and keep it in the intervention thread which doesnt have much of a point.

*runs around naked*

i just read it and loved it...despite the very apparent cliches. i'm always up for a conspiracy theory. i'm trying to convince my boyfriend to read it. not having any success though. ah well, i guess it isn't for everyone.

Venus

if only...
Aravis said:
i'm trying to convince my boyfriend to read it. not having any success though. ah well, i guess it isn't for everyone.
he's loss then ;). If you're into conspiracy, may I suggest an old book called Imperio by Armando De Lanoy. Talks about other points of view of the discovery of the new world. Believe me, it will shock you.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I've gotten two different stories. First that it's a good read if you don't take it too seriously, the second is that Dan Brown is an ignorant hack and the book is by the numbers tripe for the sake mass market consumption. I'm inclined to believe both stories are in fact true. One case going for the latter opinion, and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't good old Leo actually list who was who in his personal notes for the painting? Been a while since I read an art history book. ;D

Yet, I also heard there's a killer monk, so how bad can it be?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
"Griffith No More!" said:
I've gotten two different stories. First that it's a good read if you don't take it too seriously, the second is that Dan Brown is an ignorant hack and the book is by the numbers tripe for the sake mass market consumption.
Recently there was a poll on WGN news, and the results stated that most people believe that it's the work of the devil. (seriously)

The Da Vinci Code is absolute garbage. It's the flip side of Creationism, except unfortunately not everyone realizes just how full of crap it is.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Denial said:
The Da Vinci Code is absolute garbage. It's the flip side of Creationism, except unfortunately not everyone realizes just how full of crap it is.

Wait, are you telling me people actually believe in this shit beyond it just being pulp trash (no offense to good pulp) disguised as literature? I thought all those "Understanding The Code!" books and TV specials were just clever promotion... Yeesh.

Top Bottom