Egg of the king.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/reviews.php?id=3424

I have one of these "No face" pendants...

People look at me wierd and ask if its some kind of voodoo.

*drinks sake*

Its funny when I nod, or shout "Dont tocuh it!" when they reach for it. ;D

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
I have both versions, but I wear the closed Beherit. So far two co-workers, and one customer has recognised it's significance. Although one of the co-workers, I was the one to introduce them to berserk. ;)
Everyone else seems to ask, "What the fuck is that thing on your neck?"
I respond angrily, "That is my head!" ;D

Other times I explain that it is a piece of art like Picasso, showing them the eyes, mouth and nose. They normally seem satisfied with this answer.

Otherwise I say that it is from a Comic/Manga, and it is difficult to explain without knowing of the story. Some inquire about the story, but it is hard to tell them without ruining anything, but others just say, "Oh Kay."

But the people that grab at your neck are irritating nonetheless. >:(

D

darkbane

Kyoke said:
...or shout "Dont tocuh it!" when they reach for it.  ;D

You don't need to do that... remember, if the beherit is destined for you, it will return to your hands no matter what someone does. And if it's not meant for you, your attempts to keep it are equally futile, for it will get away from you when the time comes.

Headless Death said:
I have both versions, but I wear the closed Beherit.  So far two co-workers, and one customer has recognised it's significance.  Although one of the co-workers, I was the one to introduce them to berserk. ;)

Only one co-worker has recognized mine.
I almost jumped at him out of happiness.

Headless Death said:
Otherwise I say that it is from a Comic/Manga, and it is difficult to explain without knowing of the story. Some inquire about the story, but it is hard to tell them without ruining anything, but others just say, "Oh Kay."

This is the main answer to everyone.

Headless Death said:
But the people that grab at your neck are irritating nonetheless. >:(

Yes, they are... very... and thats when making them think its a voodoo and they will start feeling sick and weaker everyday by having touched it, and stating that I CANT do anything about it, gives me such joy... ;D

darkbane said:
You don't need to do that... remember, if the beherit is destined for you, it will return to your hands no matter what someone does. And if it's not meant for you, your attempts to keep it are equally futile, for it will get away from you when the time comes.

I normally nod or shout "Dont touch it when they reach out asking if it IS some type of voodoo." One of my co-workers is still scared cuz she got a cough last week.

D

darkbane

Kyoke said:
Yes, they are... very... and thats when making them think its a voodoo and they will start feeling sick and weaker everyday by having touched it, and stating that I CANT do anything about it, gives me such joy... ;D

You could wear it under your clothes. If you wear it openly, you're flaunting it and thus inviting people to touch it (and get bad luck ::) ;D).

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Kyoke said:
I couldn't do that, too many of the people that reach toward my neck are people that I like. Making them more paranoid of me, than they already are wouldn't be good for me. I just live with the fact that sometimes people will grab it and strangle me(especially if they are short. :D) for a better look at it.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
I have the closed one.. and when people ask what it is i just say that it's the Egg of the King, the Crimson Behelit of the Godhand.. and leave it at that. That usually confuses them too much to ask any further. Although if someone asks what it is again after that answer, I just say "yes."

Wah wah wah said:
Oh I get it, you think it's badass so you show it off so everyone can see how cool you are!

I have come to the conclusion that many ppl here like to start flamewars...

*drinks sake*

Too bad I really dun care (and watch how someone will definately use this to try and start again)

*drinks sake*

I put it over my clothes, not because its badass but because theres no use in wearing it under my shirt (might as well not wear it) It IS an accessory and it IS meant to be worn around the neck, and accessories are NOT meant to be hidden.

Might as well get a computer with the latest features for gaming and use it to play solitaire. Or buy an Aston Martin to just ride it around the block.

Damn... *drinks sake*

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I wore one for a about a year; it's surprising how many people comment on it, and yeah, it's hard to explain without letting the geek out. Example:

"IT'S MY SPECIAL CHARM FROM MY FAVORITE ANIME CARTOON SHOW ABOUT MONSTER-RAPE, BUT IT'S OH SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT!!! HI LADIES!"

Explaining what it's actually supposed to do is no less creepy, so I settled on, "It's a magic rock." =)

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
"Griffith No More!" said:
Explaining what it's actually supposed to do is no less creepy, so I settled on, "It's a magic rock." =)
Great explaination. I now have a decent explaination besides, it's Picasso like art.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
I don't know what this is about, but I I have concluded that its about flame. Just the whole thing about seeing *drinks sake* just turnes me off to the reading his posts thing.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I just leave my crying Behelit in my room...but people have asked me about it and I just tell them it's a souvenir my friend bought me from Japan; being a part of its mythology. They believe me, since no one in real life has seen the BERSERK anime to its completion [I say anime because we don't know if red is the color of Griffith's Behelit (or do we?)].

I'd never wear one in public, though, not just because I have a fanboy persecution complex, but because I don't feel like attracting the attention of the kind of people who ask for scans on here (and yes, that kind of thing has happened to me; like a couple years ago when I wore a DBZ shirt and a bunch of kids in a restaurant started spitting and yelling at me enthusiastically about Goku...).

DemonX said:
Just the whole thing about seeing *drinks sake* just turnes me off to the reading his posts thing.
I agree....what the hell...

nir085

Horse and Armor
Headless Death said:
Wasn't it referred to as crimson in color. :-\
Oh right, Volume 5. Can't believe I forgot that.

Hehe, that word filter is great by the way; I give thanks to whoever implemented it (I'm assuming it's Aazealh).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
nir085 said:
(I'm assuming it's Aazealh).

Bingo.

As for the Beherit necklaces, I've got both, and never wore any, too big, the string is too small, and I don't really need to look weirder, would take forever explaining it to everybody.

D

darkbane

Kyoke said:
So most of you guys wouldnt even consider wearing it in public?

I wouldn't. I have a couple of other weird necklaces, none of which have to do with anime, which I never wear either. Now a heavy golden chain I would wear..... just kidding.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
I wore one for a about a year; it's surprising how many people comment on it, and yeah, it's hard to explain without letting the geek out. Example:

"IT'S MY SPECIAL CHARM FROM MY FAVORITE ANIME CARTOON SHOW ABOUT MONSTER-RAPE, BUT IT'S OH SO MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT!!! HI LADIES!"

You know, it's the same way with trying to explain the brand tattoo that I have. ;D But I dont care and I just tell them the shorthand of what it is. :-*

darkbane said:
I wouldn't. I have a couple of other weird necklaces, none of which have to do with anime, which I never wear either. Now a heavy golden chain I would wear..... just kidding.

I never understood whats so great about collecting stuff... If you buy something to have it sit around and get dusty why waste money on it? Might as well use that money and buy something that WILL see some kind of use.

And hey, what better way to show the enlightened world that youre a fan of Berserk and NOT a freak by wearing such an accessory around your neck. Or getting a tattoo of the brand.

What would be the options? Running around with a giant sword strapped to your back? Walking around with an eye closed all the time?

D

darkbane

Kyoke said:
What would be the options? Running around with a giant sword strapped to your back?
has been done before

Kyoke said:
Walking around with an eye closed all the time?
has been done before

To clarify my comment, I only accidentally acquire stuff like that. Generally speaking I wouldn't waste money on it in the first place (For instance, any Berserk AoW products may be nice and cool but have no place in my appartment.)

As for collectibles in general, there was some anti-consumerism advocated (by me ;)) a couple of topics back. 8)

Ill look for that anticonsumergibberish thread...

and of course those prolly have been made b4... let me rephrase the question.

In what wat, without looking like a freak out of a loon house, can you show people that you like or love berserk so much?

Top Bottom