Olivier is gone

puella

Berserk forever
He's gone. Sad,very sad. :'(

Olivier_Hague said:
There are quite a few people I don't like, here. Quite a few stupid things I've read. Especially in the last couple of years. I could still deal with all that.
But if we've reached the point where most people think you actually belong in these forums, I'm out. It's that simple.

I heard very sad news on the last day of this year.
I hope he'll come back a while after though it doesn't seem so to me.
Yeah, he's done too much and good things for this board while we've just tired and bothered him. I think I can understand him.

Can't we do anything to get Olivier back? ::)
Any idea is welcome.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Oh man...

Olivier has been here since the beginning.  Well, before the beginning here, with BSOM, etc.  What a loss.  That really sucks.  Maybe we didn't say enough, but Olivier, you've always been much appreciated and will be sorely missed.

I don't know how to get him back.  He did put up with a lot.
:(

dwarfkicker said:
Ban paradise lost and Olivier will come back. Seems simple enough to me. Besides, it seems most people don't like PL anyways.

Aaz explain this issue very clearly

Aazealh said:
however the context has made things a bit more complicated than that. As for pissing me off personally, it isn't a reason to ban someone, and will never be.

Don't expect to see new posts by PL anyway, even though I didn't delete his account.

DemonX said:
Well, it looks like we have traded Olivier for PL. Are you people proud of yourselves now?

You will what? Your words are poisons... Nothing good come out from your mouth when u starting blaming everyone for the problem except yourself...

And that also explain why I am being mistaken as defending PL blindly in previous thread

Please if you do post here again, help Puella instead of grumbling...

puella said:
Can't we do anything to get Olivier back? ::)
Any idea is welcome.

Maybe the Admins could post some sorta banner to welcome or urge him to come back? In the news section especially, or the main page of SK net below the hawk of light?

waqas

Oh, nevermind...
puella said:
He's gone. Sad,very sad.  :'(

Our loss.

What I'm dreading most is the release of the next chapter. Olivier was usually the only reason that every new chapter discussion didn't descend into a total crapfest.

Of course more often than not it would become complete shit but usually Olivier was there to provide nuggets of insight amid all the garbage.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
I never even got to get Hagued...

I was hoping if PL was gone the sort of "Air of Animosity" that had been hanging over Shootin' the Breeze would disperse, but with Olivier's departure fresh in everyone's mind I can't really see that happening.

What a dreadful turn of events

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I am sure that Walter & Co. won't give up without a fight... that's the only thing that comes in my mind.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Smith said:
You will what? Your words are poisons... Nothing good come out from your mouth when u starting blaming everyone for the problem except yourself...

I stated that we traded one member for another. The poll in the other thread proves it. Did I offend you?

It doesnt matter anyways, PL is gone now as well. Guess we wanted it all, but in the end, we ended up with nothing.

DemonX said:
Did I offend you?

No, you didnt offend me, but u offended the rest... Olivier is gone, everyone is already feeling very vexed over this matter, you should at least try to think of a way to make Olivier back instead of adding fire to the situation...

If you add a suggestion after making that awful statement, perhap i would have seal my mouth shut

Not totally surprised, it seemed like he was one of the older members who was getting tired of the new generation, Paradise_lost probably just pushed him over the edge. I'm presuming Olivier still decided to leave even after seeing PL said he would.  

Needless to say it's a bit of a shame it came to this, he was probably the only member to get inside information on important things that don't go around much which was of course always good, but on top of that whenever he corrected people with the facts in what most would get wrong then that would help even the dumbest of members to make at least a slightly better contribution to the forum.

Anyway point being something tells me within the next 6 months without his answers, truths and corrections gone skullknight.nets Berserk IQ is going to dropping that little bit quicker unless the smarter, more experienced and knowledgeable members really start making more of an effort to help the newer and/or dumber members flourish that little bit better for the greater good.

I wasn't here when the older members claim the forum was good back in the day so I don't know exactly what is missing in detail, but it would have to be a good start.

I never saw him as Godly like some members, but I did appreciate his contribution like most members, a real pity it came to this.

Sparnage said:
I wasn't here when the older members claim the forum was good back in the day

I was there, but not as a member rather as an spectator searching for more info regarding Berserk...

PL was already gone when i know this board exist... By scanning at some of the earliest thread at that time, it prompt me to join this board when i saw how warmly the first generation member (Walts, Griff, Olivier, Puella, Guil etc) treat one another (including Noob)

Things were very different back then, even super flamer Majin didnt flame me at all when i start my 1st threat asking some stupid questions... My first few months were quite fun until the next generation enters (Sparn, DemonX, Genn etc)

As for Olivier back then, he was rather good, providing vital informations regarding Berserk as he did now (Even summary, at the time there wasnt any scans, everyone was depending on him to get the latest update) Now he is gone, I really feel pity... It's a great loss for SK net and its member...

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Smith said:
Things were very different back then, even super flamer Majin didnt flame me at all when i start my 1st threat asking some stupid questions... My first few months were quite fun until the next generation enters (Sparn, DemonX, Genn etc)
You make it look like they spread a curse of insolent newbs or something. Something I belive you are not trying to say. But to prevent further arguments in this thread, I suggest you make it clear before someone starts the bitching. (just a suggestion).

At least someone re-edit PL's last thread. That poll does not represent the mayority of the members opinions. Although I am sure that was not the main reason why he left.

Nomad said:
You make it look like they spread a curse of insolent newbs or something. Something I belive you are not trying to say.

Of course that wasnt what i mean, what i mean was thing took a turn from then on... It was around that time when noobs who only ask scanlation start pouring in...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Oltobaz said:
It's too bad, let's just hope he'll come back, for this board' sake. I think he will.
Olivier_Hague said:
Moron.

There are quite a few people I don't like, here. Quite a few stupid things I've read. Especially in the last couple of years. I could still deal with all that.
But if we've reached the point where most people think you actually belong in these forums, I'm out. It's that simple.
Like also Aazealh said things are not that simple. He (Olivier) was more angry towards the members that supported Pl than towards PL himself. To him that someone could think of PL like a member here was the sign that this forum was gone to the dogs. And that point not change even if PL himself has been banned

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
You guys should understand that Olivier isn't just "a" member here. He is(was) THE member, the one that has made this place different from the others... People everywhere still misinterpret things he has explained 4 years ago.

That's why all this issue is ridiculous. I'd rather ban myself along with 2000 other members than him. And it would be worth it. Mark my word.

DemonX said:
I stated that we traded one member for another. The poll in the other thread proves it. Did I offend you?

That poll proves nothing, I hope you know that. First PL voted several times for himself with some fake accounts, second, this poll represent nothing but a few idiots' desire of getting entertainment and self-contentment over their extreme Internet "fairness" and misericordia. To sum it up: Bullshit.

DemonX said:
PL is gone now as well.

Of course he is, it's not like it wasn't sure all along that he would be gone in the end. As far as I'm concerned, he's pushed his luck here at the maximum, and for the very last time.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Aazealh said:
That poll proves nothing, I hope you know that. First PL voted several times for himself with some fake accounts, second, this poll represent nothing but a few idiots' desire of getting entertainment and self-contentment over their extreme Internet "fairness" and misericordia. To sum it up: Bullshit.

:eek: So olivier left due to one of PL's scam?! He did leave because more votes were for PL to stay....

But if we've reached the point where most people think you actually belong in these forums

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
I havent visited the bord much lately i have found it tiresome i can see why he left. Im sure he didnt like my posts too much either. Ill try to catch up on my berserk reading so I can contribute something worthwhile. I think theres just so much crap and not enough of what we all should be here for and thats berserk. not so say shootin the breeze is bad just should be toned down from all the bs.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
You guys should understand that Olivier isn't just "a" member here. He is(was) THE member, the one that has made this place different from the others... People everywhere still misinterpret things he has explained 4 years ago.

That's why all this issue is ridiculous. I'd rather ban myself along with 2000 other members than him. And it would be worth it. Mark my word.

When I finally logged on and found out Olivier had left, my initial reaction was: "Fuck it. I quit." With him no longer here... what's the point? There's something majorly wrong with the community if our most informed member chooses to leave. And if you've read the fading News at the top of the main forums, changes are ahead.

Walter said:
When I finally logged on and found out Olivier had left, my initial reaction was: "Fuck it. I quit." With him no longer here... what's the point? There's something majorly wrong with the community if our most informed member chooses to leave. And if you've read the fading News at the top of the main forums, changes are ahead.

I understand how u feel Walt, You and him came up with this board... Now All your hardwork and sweats are gone... It is really a tragedy for everyone...

I would go to the extent of banning myself for his return, I think i did hurt him badly and i am the one that should really go...

Top Bottom