After the Daredevil movie , it was inevitable...

nir085

Horse and Armor
Most [anime fans] here should watch it just because they will get a kick out of one of the character's names :D (hint: Shang Tsung).

Blade 3, Elektra and the upcoming Darkstakers movies are three examples.
What is this "Darkstakers" you speak of? Are you referring to the Nightstalkers group in the Blade movie/comic book series? Because of the poor reception at the box office (from Blade 3), David S. Goyer hasn't even officially announced the production of such a movie; he is waiting for the DVD sales of the Blade 3/-pak to make that decision. And looking at the fact that fans of the movies and general audiences detested that group (or at least the movie's wrong portrayal of them), it's not likely to be made. Just like that "Storm" movie the X-Men folk thought about a while ago will probably not be made.

Also, Elektra is neither a sequel nor a spin-off. It's true that, chronologically speaking, the movie does take place after the Daredevil movie, but it shouldn't be considered as part of the Daredevil movie plotline...it's not like a single reference was even made to Daredevil, after all. Unless you consider "I died once" to be one of them.

Khorne said:
Ps, how come they are so stupid that they are even trying to make this movie.
Um, they're "stupid" for several reasons, actually. For one, she's part of that "Marvel Knights" category - the other Marvel Knights including Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, and Ghost Rider, who apparently have their own movies/fanbase, however niche they may be - so it's not like Marvel made a movie about a random supporting character in Daredevil. Just like The Punisher was born within the pages of Spider-man, Elektra was born in the pages of Daredevil (I'm pretty sure?).

You should (still) be complaining about a non-Selina Kyle Catwoman movie, Singer leaving the X-Men franchise to work on another Superman movie, or any of the other ridiculous spin-offs Marvel (or DC) are planning on doing for movies that weren't that great in the first place. I wasn't looking too forward to Elektra myself, maybe that's why I got a good movie. Sure the end result was a surprisingly calming feeling as opposed to an overdramatic cliffhanger feeling like most other noteworthy Marvel films, but I'm fine with that.

Expect worse than Elektra in the future. Way worse.

Top Bottom