Project : Collective Fanfic

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Well I kinda finished my exams today and I feel like writing a bit. But instead of every one writing his own stuff, why not work together on a berserk fanfic ? That is the eventual thought.

From this point, my idea would be of some one beginning the fanfic (a parallel story, a writing of the upcoming events and so on) writing 25-75 lines and then letting some one else take his characters to follow the story with his own style. Now there could be switches of point of vue and even creation of new characters.

To make the thing work properly, there should be 1 or 2 texts per day maximum, to elude the phenomenon of writing the suite of something that has already been done by some one else 20 minutes before (if you know what i mean ^^).

What do you all think of this ?
Would you mind if i begin ?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Title (unfixed) : Under the shadow of a tree
- Chapter 01 - On a melting snow

"Hey ! What's wrong ?" yelled a frightened voice.
Thus it began.
Blood. I can't stop coughing.
"Are you okay ?" asked a young man.
He looked down on Nina for a moment, who was crouched because of the pain. She did not answer, gazing the blood spat on her hand. Whatever Luca had done, she really couldn't be helped. She should have known this, but she couldn't accept the fact she should disappear one day or another. Rather this one, in fact.

"You're a nice man, Joachim..." whispered the woman whose blonde curly hair was floating in the cold wind.
"I don't want to be nice. Stand up ! We've already travelled so far to find them ! We will arrive soon, no worry!"
Nina smiled, though she would have wanted to cry. Then, she understood something. Joachim and her were weak. Now, she was on the departure. She should help him to keep on struggling. Luca would have done the same thing, wouldn't she ?
"I'm afraid Jerome has taken the girls somewhere we won't be able to find them. Look at us, in this cold and dark forest... you shouldn't have come with me."
"No, you..."

Something caught suddenly Joachim's attention. In the pale light of the day, he believed his eyes noticed a strange occurance. Some one wasn't far. Joachim gazed firmly in the direction where he thought there would be some man. Therefore, he proceeded forward only to realise the footsteps on the ground covered by snow weren't those of a man. What kind of animal could... ?

Joachim walked back to Nina who was having trouble to stand up.
"We must go, now. I feel danger."
Nina looked up at him.
"I know you're worried. However, it is the end..."
"Foolish ! There's no end, you'll see."
Joachim hugged Nina and helped her to move anew.

A few feet afar, she stopped due to her coughing.
"You are right, Joachim. We will find them."
While she was saying this, the man knew she had no more hope about what they could expect. Joachim felt sad for her, and even for his miserible life.

At the very same moment, he saw on his right the thing that had left eerie footsteps. This was like a tiny man, naked in the coldness, his facial features transformed by sickness, wounds and frost. But he was no man, Joachim could have bet on it. He had already seen a monster deep down in the earth, and meanwhile, this creature looked rather friendly.

Maybe he had changed. Maybe he was going mad since the events at Albion Tower. Anyhow, he was feeling calm and secure with this strange wooden being next to them.
"We will find them..." Nina repeated once and again.
Was she lying, or only being wrong?

Later on, the old creature who had lived an eon under the shadow of a tree, who had been mesmerized by a shiny dream and had decided to leave his poor and dark world, this little creature witnessed the falling of a mortal, victim of a natural illness. He would follow the young man to see where all this would eventually lead him.

Well i've written it in a hurry because the night is calling me ^^ Do not hesitate to make me notice mistakes in language or whatever you dislike.
I hope you will find a way and some courage to write something else  :)
Guil

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hey i posted after you the other time but since it was an edit it doesnt count... so in case of...

AU SUIVANT ;D

Tell me if you don't want to write about Joachim or the lil one, anyway you can write about something else and some one will reattach the different parts of the fanfic later. That's why I find this system interesting^^

*Gyom*
ps:you see i've changed my sign not too fast for you to fallow what niks i could take... :-X

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
**Writing this on my lunch break so bear with me**

Chapter 2:  Cruelty of Compassion

She knew he was ignoring her as she watched him march gallantly forward.  She watched the back of his dark hair as he keep himself at a safe distance ahead of the group, but not so far that he would be too far away from her.  Luca knew that she was a fool for acting so kind to him, leading him on, but Jerome was stubborn in his own sort of selfish way.  They both depended on each other: him for her body and her for his money.

Luca turned to see her three friends huddled together as they walked struggling to keep warm in the biting cold of winter.  Jerome's fortunes would keep her friends fed and warm as long as she stayed with him at night.  But his tolerance for her kindness reached only so far.

"You should slow down, the girls are getting tired."

Jerome only grunted as he kept his steadfast pace through the plains. 

"Well, if you're going to insist on being an idiot, we'll wait for you here until you get some sense," Luca stopped in her tracked, folding her arms in front of her.

The three girls all giggled as they crowded around Luca for support.  She was the only person they had ever truly trusted.  They didn't understand why they had to travel with the idiot Jerome, but Luca insisted and they weren't going to question her intentions.

"Damn you woman, I'm trying to get us to the nearset town," Jermoe huffed as he stiffly strode over to Luca.

"Getting us to the nearest town when we're too exhausted to walk isn't going to help us."

Jerome pursed his lips in agitation as he gave Luca a daring look, which she returned with equal defiance.

"Fine, have it your way.  But we should be leaving as soon as you all are rested."

Luca smiled knowing that she had won the fight.  Jerome interpreted the smile as something warm meant only for him, but his mind didn't know the bitter truth.  Luca would make sure that he wouldn't know, hiding behind illusions and human compassion.  Even she wasn't so cruel to leave behind Jerome as a helpless soul, she just couldn't love him.

Luca stood pensively out towards the plains where they had come from and watched the wind blow wisps of snow around like fairies dancing and twirling with the snow.  Where are you Nina?  Have you eaten anything today?  Are you still hiding your pain?

"Luca!  We have some bread if you want any."

Luca turned to one of the girls and smiled as she sat next to her.

"Thanks."

Luca couldn't think about Nina right now.  She had three other girls to worry about and Jerome as well.  She just hoped that she was safe where ever she was.

**Please let me know of any errors, etc.**

Lliugusamui

around the corner
well... me again *gonna eat i'll finish eat after*

Chapter 3 : Wandering on a Casual Flow  ( ::) )

With the nightfall, he had his work done. Joachim looked at her humble sepulture, full of sorrow. The sun had glowed and the warmth was ebbing. Alone in the gloom, he gazed the dying sky, able to see shy glittering stars making their entrance in that winter firmament.

Inspite of the pain of the recent loss, he knew he shan't stay without doing one thing. He shivered and realised he needed to build a fire. All the rest could wait for tomorrow. He shouldn't even think about what was going to happen to him, but he couldn't afford not being afraid.

There were lots of Kushans in the surroundings. They had seen them at the Tower. Now, in this dark forest, was he safe ? Joachim decided to build this damn fire, and he felt that it would not be easy. The next day, he would leave the oppressive and sinister woods, join the paved road whatever the risks and go to Dunham. Maybe he could rest there. He just had to hope Kushans hadn't made a surprise visit in the neighbour town of Albion, one little town hidden behind a dense floral wall.

It was too cold, his hands couldn't stop shivering.
It was too wet, no spark would come.
It was too bad...
He was too bad, as he always had been.

This night, Joachim thought his world was finished. He tried to sleep, seeking warmth in his clothes, and he did. Several times. But never long. This was the kind of nights where you wake up a dozen times and wonder if it will ever end, or if everything will end, not letting you wake up. He knew people could die because of the coldness. As a child, he had known an orphan teenager during the summer. Berth was his name. The following winter, he had discovered his corpse, blue as deep water...

When he eventually woke up with the company of the sun, Joachim found a dismembered hare next to a source of warmth. He opened his eyes round, and astonished himself with the fact no wood, not even a twig, served as combustible. First, he thought some woodcutter was living nearby and had helped him out of pity. It didn't made any sense, however, with this magic fire or whatever it was next to him. Thus, the little creature was keeping a watch on him... Joachim wondered whether it was a good thing.

He ate to recover some energy. The odd fire disappeared of its own. Joachim looked around him a few times, he had wished to thank the little one, at least. Nonetheless, he was alone. Helpless. Useless. He sighed heavily, and remembered the last weeks of his life. So much had occured, with the cultists, Nina, the weird monster, Holy See, the witch hunt, Kushans... and the rest. He had survived all of this, though he knew he should have perished in the first place. Perhaps this was for some reason. Anyway, he should find one because he couldn't live only to survive as a beast.

Joachim stood up, ready to leave.
"You should better keep on the same path, mortal, you don't know what you could encounter elsewhere..." a guttural voice whispered slowly.
Hell ! This wasn't to recomfort him. Afraid of going mad, afraid of evil threatening people in the surroundings, plus the fact he wanted to quit the place Nina had left him. He had to get out of here.

He led his feet to get out of the woods. At a good pace, he would find the road when the sun would be at its zenith. He had to pluck up courage. Strangely, in this new beginning day, he felt like a new-born. Moreover, he unconsciously knew he wouldn't die, because of the little wooden being assuring his rear. The cool air revived some of his memories, ones that were of happy nature. Joachim suddenly ventured to whistle, as he was appreciating the sound of the cracking snow under his shoes.

Then came a time for silence.
Joachim couldn't let a single noise get out of his mouth. His eyes were wide open and fixed a point on the grass. His ears were trying to catch any suspicious sound. He swallowed his saliva. The sight he could witness chilled him through his spinal column.

Why in the name of God are there Kushan corpses in the woods? he wondered.

There were half a dozen of them. All ornate of arrows on which he could see red- and black-colored feathers. Joachim decided to flee the place and let the corpses rot. As he had expected, he was near the road. He almost could have seen it from the place where they rested.

Thus he had joined the road. First stage done.
What now ?
Joachim turned his head to the right, following the path with his exhausted eyes. Far, far away should be Dunham. Or what it had been before. In this very moment, he could see a faint smoke, barely visible. Dunham had fell under the terrible hand of the Kushans. If indeed, Jerome had led the others to this town, there was no more hope to join their group. Not anymore. Sure, what could a man and a band of prostitutes do against it?

And himself ? What could he do ?
Obviously, he wasn't going there to check if there were any one left alive. He wasn't going to run into the arms of the enemy. Especially not him, who had always been a weakling and a runaway. Joachim sighed once again et decided to sit on a big rock on the other side of the road. He had to think. He had to ponder. He had to take a decision.

As he was sitting, something grabbed his wrist. In Joachim's mind, it only could have been the little ugly creature. Then he turned his head hastily to realize there was a Kushan hidden behind the rock just next to him.

Not a good idea... Joachim said bitterly to himself. Maybe it was a mistake to think I was secure.

"What do you...?" he started to ask to the Kushan.

"Sh..." the other answered with a finger on his lips.

Joachim questionned him with the eyes. The Kushan showed two of his fingers and imitated the movement of an archer freeing one arrow.

Well, okay... Joachim thought. But what am I supposed to do ? _I_ am not hidden... I guess it's the right moment to pray God that these archers are on our side.

Joachim waited, frightened.
A few minutes later, a silhouette got out of the woods. He knew this being. This little being.

"Look at that..." he whispered to the Kushan pointing one finger to the new-come creature.

The Kushan obeyed, lifted his head, and Schierked, losing his right on Joachim's wrist. The young man jumped over the rock to join the wooden being. As he was approaching, he realized the little one was really not any kind of human.

"I owe you one more, I guess" Joachim declared.

He recieved no answer except a change of glimmer in these globulous eyeballs. He turned his back to see the Kushan getting out of his hiding place. And then an arrow tore the air, as if it wanted to answer to the previous whistles of Joachim. The Kushan fell dead on the ground, hitting the rock with his skull.

"Haven't I told you about danger, mortal ?" spoke the slow and low voice of the little muddy-bloody creature.

"That was you... thank you for last night. Well, we're safe now that the Kushan is over. I am Joachim, and you?"

"You may call me Orowë. As for danger, the Kushan was not a matter even in the beginning. The hunters' chief has awaken not too long ago, and his goal is not the same as mine, it is one of its kind."

Joachim frowned, not understanding much.
Then he saw the hunters progressively appearing in the branches of the nearest trees. They looked strange with their multi-colored clothes and long bows. But most of all, there was one of them who wore a hat with a beautiful feather on it. His bow was ready to aim. On the middle of it, a big red eye was open. A predator eye, just like one of an eagle, descending the mountains to pick a prey and devour it; and it seemed much alive and starving.

**tell me about errors and so on... btw there's a verb which doesnt want to pass cause of automatic spell check which is shriek like scream you know it turns automatically to the lil witch's name, as of she were one overweeping gal ::)**

*Gyom* said:
there was one of them who wore a hat with a beautiful feather on it. His bow was ready to aim. On the middle of it, a big red eye was open. A predator eye, just like one of an eagle, descending the mountains to pick a prey and devour it; and it seemed much alive and starving

Apparently Irvine escape Ganishka fury unscathed

Good jobs guys... Nice story ;D

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Actually, this is to happen around vol22, after albion events, when apostles begin to leave for being under Griffith iron fist. That being said...

*Gyom* said:
Actually, this is to happen around vol22, after albion events, when apostles begin to leave for being under Griffith iron fist. That being said...

I would prefer it after vol 22... where currently the story is about to progress... unless u are saying Jerome with the rest is joining the hawks

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Well it's a matter of taste. I prefer it to be before the current release cause things may have happened you know?
As for Jerome i don't know, so far it's Miyu who wrote that part ::) they could find themselves at any place... for example, _you_ could make them join Griffith army a lil time after, though i don't see your point...

Me too was very much interested to be involved in this fanfic... but the greatest obstacle in achieving this my language... :-[

Lliugusamui

around the corner
You know what, Smith ?
It is a fanfic here, not a literary contest. If you want to write something that has some sense, well if your english isn't perfect, no one will repproach it (most of all not me^^).
Have a dictionary at hand and do your best, that's my advice.
My intent at first was to let as many people berserk fan write about the story, have fun whatever the critics may be.
I hope it will help you to go ahead^^

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
Me too was very much interested to be involved in this fanfic... but the greatest obstacle in achieving this my language... :-[

Smith, GOGOGOGo! 8) :D ;D
I'm too lazy to join here though. :-[

Miyu

**I could have continued the storyline of what Jerome and Co. are doing, but I want to see what someone else does with it ;) **

Chapter 4:  Flights of fancy

He couldn't tear himself away from the destructive scene several yards away from him.  It was the beauty in destruction and death at it's highest form of artistry.  It was first the arrows that flew quickly to each mark embedded in many unfortunate Kushan hearts.  Next came the grotesque noises of crushed bones and torn flesh as steel torn through skin like paper.

Joachim would have stood wide-eyed at the spectacle indefinitely or until his down demise were it not for Orowë barking orders at him in an low guttural tone.

He hadn't heard the words his new found friend has said, but the words 'do you want to die?' clearly rang to his ears motivating him to move his feet and run from the carnage behind him.  He had seen enough death to last him a lifetime of grief.  It was enough that he had to witness Nina's painful passage from life, but she at least died of a sickness rather than standing hypnotized by a battle which surely could have made its way to where he was standing. 

Joachim ran through the woods oblivious to where he was running as long as it was away from the screams of dying Kushans.  His heart raced as beads of cold sweat poured down his face.  His feet took on a mind of their own as they moved forward ignoring the ache in his legs or the cold freezing his muscles.  The only thing that stopped Joachim's sprint through the forest was his own clumsinessas he slipped down an embankment and fell face first into the fresh snow. 

He could feel the snow freezing his skin as he lay flat on the ground.  He only had enough strength to roll over on his back, letting the icy frost tickle the nape of his neck where his scarf failed to protect him.  Perhaps he was going to die here out on the woods helpless like Nina.  He was going to lie here and die of either freezing to death or being struck by an arrow.  Joachim closed his eyes and spread his arms wide, hoping that whatever senseless fate was in store for him would either kill him off or take him by the collar and drag him to a nice warm cottage, which is where he prefered to be.

Joachim felt a warm breathe on his face as he lie in the snow.  Opening his eyes, he saw nothing but large yellowish eyes staring back at him.  Joachim screamed as he backed himself away from whomever or whatever was staring back at him.

"So you haven't given up yet?" Orowë asked as he hunched in the snow with his eyes glued to Joachim.

"I guess I haven't.  You seem to have saved me again."

Orowë didn't respond to him as he flexed his garled fingers.  Joachim noticed at his new traveling companion only had four fingers on his right hand with a small stub for where his index finger should be.  Orowë's hands were caked with a dark material that Joachim didn't think was his skin, but he didn't think that Orowë was even a human so anything was possible at this point.

"Where are you going to go?" Orowë questioned.

Joachim snapped his head to attention, realizing that he was asked a question.

"Oh, me?  Well, I was hoping to get to Dunham to meet up with some companions, hopefully.  But, the woman I was traveling with, didn't make it . . . " Joachim faltered.

Orowë merely gazed at him passively with his round inquisitive eyes.  Joachim noted how the creature didn't seem fazed as he spoke about death as if he didn't understand what it meant or didn't care.

"I guess Dunham is out of the question now because of the Kushans, so I really don't know where I'm going."

Orowë gazed at Joachim tilting his head slightly before turning around and walking away from Joachim.

Startled, Joachim stumbled forward as he reached his hand out helplessly.

"Wait!  Where are you going?"

Orowë didn't even look back as he spoke, "follow me."

Joachim stared at Orowë's back as his blackish form treaded trudged through the snow.  It seemed that fate was leading him in a direction away from Dunham and the bloody battle behind him.  He wasn't sure where Orowë was leading him, but he hoped that it involved a warm fireplace and hot food. 

Pulling his jacket on tighter and straigten his hat as he began to follow Orowë through the woods.  It was going to be a cold hard journey ahead of him and as long as he had a traveling companion, things were going to be fine. 

Joachim's face softened as he thought about Nina.  Looking up at the grey winter sky, he hoped that her soul was at peace now and she was no longer suffering. 

From a safe distance, a lone archer crouched behind a bush watching the pair as they walked through the snow.  He took note of what the travelers looked like, paying closer attention to the smaller creature in the lead.  Swiftly, the archer stood up and cautiously headed back to the group to report his findings. 

"Griffith would want to know about this."

**Next!**

I think Master Griffith would be a better word...?

Anyway... you guys are good at writing stories :D

I am suggesting writing a fanfic back in the Gaiseric time... but if i am not wrong it had been written by someone before...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I am suggesting writing a fanfic back in the Gaiseric time... but if i am not wrong it had been written by someone before...

It had been written by Walter. Anyway now that they've started they aren't going to stop and start another thing...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
So, let's talk about it.
In the beginning, Irvine's archers are fighting against Kushans right ? Are these only scout kushans or some from Dunham ? And I guess it's done on purpose we don't know if Oro took part in the fight.

Btw, I really like your developpment about the relationship between Joachim and this character. It's funny cause when I first thought of him, I had an idea behind the head, in my writing, secrets were hidden of course ; and when you take him by yourself, it seems there's a whole new dimension added to him. And yet I feel there's frailty in the new Oro's character.

Concerning your last paragraph, I wonder a bit like Smith. In my mind, the story happens before Griffith meets Sonja, if you want marks, and so Irvine would be on his way to join with the incarnate God Hand member (but as you know he arrives later than the others important neo hawks about the same time as Mule). Anyway, I don't himself or some of his archers would know the Falcon of Light is called Griffith.

Anyhow, the following chapter will be interesting whoever writes it. I have an idea, well two, about where Orowë could lead them (in one being some kind of oracle who'd show the way as Locus needed one to find the ground on which there was the Hawk, in another... I think you'll see^^)

Miyu

*Gyom* said:
So, let's talk about it.
In the beginning, Irvine's archers are fighting against Kushans right ? Are these only scout kushans or some from Dunham ? And I guess it's done on purpose we don't know if Oro took part in the fight.

I saw them as Kushans in Dunham who were just around. Whether or not Oro took part in the fight . . . that's up to you or someone else.

Btw, I really like your developpment about the relationship between Joachim and this character. It's funny cause when I first thought of him, I had an idea behind the head, in my writing, secrets were hidden of course ; and when you take him by yourself, it seems there's a whole new dimension added to him. And yet I feel there's frailty in the new Oro's character.

But I love the way you bring out the plot and start things moving. I'm just taking what you already put down and expanding it slightly.

Concerning your last paragraph, I wonder a bit like Smith. In my mind, the story happens before Griffith meets Sonja, if you want marks, and so Irvine would be on his way to join with the incarnate God Hand member (but as you know he arrives later than the others important neo hawks about the same time as Mule). Anyway, I don't himself or some of his archers would know the Falcon of Light is called Griffith.

Honestly, I forgot about that ^_^ If you think I should change it to make it consistant with the realtime plot, let me know or Aaz know and switch Griffith with Irvine or whatever. :-[

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Miyu said:
I saw them as Kushans in Dunham who were just around.  Whether or not Oro took part in the fight . . . that's up to you or someone else.
Back from "holyday",passed successfully some special thing at last... so okay and okay, it's gonna be me I believe when i see no one replied in the last days.

But I love the way you bring out the plot and start things moving.  I'm just taking what you already put down and expanding it slightly.
I like to think I can write stories not too bad. There's still much work I know^^

If you think I should change it to make it consistant with the realtime plot, let me know or Aaz know and switch Griffith with Irvine or whatever.   :-[
It's okay, it's a detail. Moroever, the guy could have unconsciously known Griffith's name... humm... yes causality let's stick widd ddat.

I may think about chapter 5 for tomorrow, i'm gonna rest now :p

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Double post, sorry. Let's go.

Chapter 5 : Ruin and Misery

He carries a necklace made of tiny bones. He has the habit not to go out of his forest. His long dark hair covers his shoulders in disorder. A man, with strange large rich clothes, is walking between tree alleys. There is a dark and great forest. The tall man seems really tough. This is his home. His eyes aren't common neither. The trees are high, thick, beautiful and wise-like. A strong light of knowledge and power enlightens his pale face. There are times when he feels confused.

And then, as he performs a meditation, or some kind of physical exercise, some one comes to visit him. This is a woman, a pretty woman. She talks to him respectfully. She seems like asking him a favour. He doesn't want at first, but for her, he goes.

In a long and wide room, one of a great palace, he speaks with energy. The one he is talking to is sitting on a magnificent chair, his throne. He wears a very shining and terrifying armour. There is a discordance. The favour the man who is sitting is not accorded by the man who came from the forest. Men are angry at each other. The man from the woods leaves.

He can see the city from the forest. Something's wrong. Some one had put a spell on the armoured man's city. He did not. He wonders. He does not know. He feels guilty. He sees an army coming to him. He knows he is not responsible of what one accuses him of. But he feels guilty. He dies in his forest, pierced by a sword.

Joachim woke up screaming after the nightmare. He realised Orowë was next to him.

"Your rest is over, fine. We shall continue." his low voice announced.

"What was that?"Joachim asked confused.

"Humans have dreams. You experienced one."

"How could you tell ? Don't you dream too ?"

"I am the reality of a dream."Orowë said calmly.

Joachim noticed some sort of grimace on his face. Was he smiling ?

"Oh well, whatever. Where are we going, anyway ?" the young man wanted to know.

"Where the hunters want us to lead them."

"Is this supposed to mean anything ?"

"Everything means something."

Joachim frowned.

"Don't they ?" Orowë asked with his 'funny' look.

They had to hide before the Kushans find them. What could they do ? Obviously, Jerome had no idea about how to get them out of the mess. Dunham was ruined for good, they couldn't be more sure of that. Luca would have to take care of every one as always. Anyway, the hour was dark. Kushans were so many. She sighed, though her eyes were filled with her constant determination.

A moment later, they had found a little run-down cottage. Now why ? Were they doomed ? These interrogations wandered in Luca's mind. Indeed, what did they do to deserve this new sight in front of them ? Jerome had opened the wooden door slowly, without making any sound. Now, they could see a huge man heavily sleeping on a straw matress. At his side was a kid eating all the food the older man had left. Instead of Kushans, they were meeting anew with a Holy Iron Chain Knight lieutenant, and this mustached man was being stolen by the idiot kid who helped them at the Tower.

"Isidro !" Jerome was laughing and yet he was afraid of waking up the lieutenant.

Luca saw Jerome yelling and running to welcome the sneaky kid. There was no more hope. The three other girls looked at her anxiously. She could only nod...

*I guess it's your turn Miyu :p*

Top Bottom