Apostle Ancestry?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The Crimson Beherit was created by the God of the Abyss from Void's crystallized tear of blood…Void… with the help of "Apostles" he created, destroyed Midland…
This makes me think, is each generation of Apostle weaker than the last? If the crimson Behelit was created by Void’s tear, then I assume that the tear of the first Apostle Void created (Zodd, likely) was the Behelit for the next Apostle (who made his own tear) and so on. Zodd (or whoever was first) would be the closest Apostle to God Hand & Idea and next would be the closest to Zodd etc. So as time went by the strands would keep getting a little bit more diluted and you’d begin ending up with some real losers (the Pig-Apostle Guts fought at Godo’s, or my favorite, the rubber chicken that attacks Judeau in vol. 13).

Also, assuming Void created more than one Apostle himself, then those Apostles tear’s would contain their traits creating many different Apostle arch-types, a type of heritage. So, a down on his luck Zepec could find a Behelit coming from Zodd’s lineage and become the next super Apostle!

Oh well, these are just nonsensical ravings, but a lot of fun.

-Griffith

P.S. “Hey, watch it, pal! I happen to be a descendant of Zodd himsel!” ;D

If the crimson Behelit was created by Void’s tear, then I assume that the tear of the first Apostle Void created (Zodd, likely)

Zoddo? He may be about 300 years old, for all we know...

was the Behelit for the next Apostle (who made his own tear) and so on.

Umm... The Idea said the the "Beherit-like things" Griffith saw were droplets of this "ocean", droplets of "feelings". I guess the "ocean" is actually "hell".
So, I'd think the Beherits are just that: "droplets of hell".

Of course, that doesn't really explain the comment about Griffith's last (really? we'll see... ;D ) tears being crystallized... But maybe it wasn't supposed to have any "deep meaning" in the first place?

Anyway, I guess the "tear theory" could explain what makes the Crimson Beherit so different...
And maybe... Maybe Griffith's Crimson Beherit was actually the cystallized last tear of blood shed by the 4th God and, before him, and so on?... We don't know what happened to the Beherit after the Occultation, after all... Maybe it doesn't exist anymore, to be "replaced"?...

Griffith

Zoddo? He may be about 300 years old, for all we know...
Yes, he could be, but he could 1000 years old for all we know. It’s never been made too clear if “wandering for 300 years” is him referring to a change in his lifestyle or just a cute way of saying how old he is.

Here’s an idea, tell me if I’m totally wrong about this Olivier. But if Zodd is only 300 years old, he would have only witnessed one other God Hand birth ceremony. But in vol. 13 doesn’t Zodd say that Femto’s ceremony will be the last one, and that he has always found them pointless? Apart those lines mean nothing but put those comments together and they infer that Zodd has seen all of the God Hand birth ceremonies. He could have been referring to Apostle birth ceremonies when he called them pointless, but surely he didn’t think it would be the last of the ceremonies altogether.

It makes sense in a desperate disjointed way. ;D

-Griffith

F

fantasto_MaNgYkID

hhhheeeeeeeeelllllllooooooooooo! i am here now! and my shirt smells like armpits.ooga boogga!!purple cheese!!!!!!!!

Griffith

w00t! mangykid has arrived!!! :D

-Griffith

P.S. :eek: Wow, is that really a picture of you? I would have never imagined.

P.P.S. Nah, it can't be...can it? ???

F

fantasto_MaNgYkID

course it's not me dildo head! it's some weirdo who makes portable ataris

But in vol. 13 doesn’t Zodd say that Femto’s ceremony will be the last one, and that he has always found them pointless?

Er... No, he doesn't. ^^;
Where did you read that? ^^;;

As far as I know, the only thing that _could_ hint at Zoddo being more than 300 years old is that he calls the Skull Knight "old friend/rival". But then again, that doesn't mean they first met when they were humans...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I personally would like to believe that Zodd and Gaiseric knew each other looong long ago, but I dont really think thats how everything went down. Thats an idea i reserve for fanfictions. So far there is NO proof that Zodd existed back then, 1000 years ago, nor any real proof about tears of God Hand creating beherits.

This post gave me an idea. Check out Characters/Zodd theory whenever you finish reading this post.

Griffith

Er... No, he doesn't. ^^;
Where did you read that? ^^;;
Here, actually.;D In the old 'Post Eclipse' section.

-Griffith

P.S. Either way, there's no solid proof of Zodd's actual age.

Here, actually.;D In the old 'Post Eclipse' section.

Er... But like I told Walter back then, these translations were just... well, they were _plain_ bad. (sorry, Eirias, but really...  :-/ )...

P.S. Either way, there's no solid proof of Zodd's actual age.

No, but there are a few hints... I'd think he's 300 years old...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Translating is a tricky business it seems... What does Zodd really say then? How does it differ from what is posted now?

Translating is a tricky business it seems...

But that wasn't even really a translation... more like some kind of wrong guess work, I'd say...  :-/

What does Zodd really say then? How does it differ from what is posted now?

He says nothing about that Occultation being the last, and just says that he's not interested in it (in the "Apostles eating helpless humans" part, anyway).

Top Bottom