Berserk AOW statues back in Previews

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I noticed that some Art of War Berserk statues are listed in this month's issue of Previews*, after not being available through Diamond Distributors for a long time.  Sometime last year LG mentioned that Toycom stopped distributing them here, but for some reason, they are back!  I can't tell for sure if they're being sold through Previews directly by Art of War, but they seem to be. 

The statues listed are:
Guts Maken
Silatt
Boscone #1
Boscone #2  (according to the magazine, this is an exclusive bloody version)
Isidro
Zodd (Human Form)
2 versions of the Hawks Judo, 1 w/green clothes under his armor, the other w/brown clothes (not sure on which is the "exclusive")

They also list the $225.00 12 inch Guts action figure (more like a doll in my opinion!)

Now I'm not sure exactly why these have suddenly reappeared here for the US market, but I used to order a lot of my Berserk statues through this distributor at my comic shop.  I got all my Hawks statues, Femto, Skull Knight, Lost Children Guts, the 2 red beherits and Winged Zodd all through Previews at my local comic shop, so in the past they have been reliable.  If you plan on ordering, I'd suggest discussing it with the manager or person in charge of orders at your comic store to make sure they're confident they'll be able to get the statues for you.

*For those that aren't familiar, Previews is the catalog that comic shops in the states use to order their merchandise from the distributor, Diamond Distributors.  You can usually special order or request that your comic shop order these items for you.  The due date for this issue is Jan, 15th, so if you're interested you should get crackin'!

Just FYI, the Previews web site is here:
http://previews.diamondcomics.com/default.asp
but they only sell wholesale to stores.

conan

Until next time...
I noticed this about a week ago when the new Previews arrived. I had (I sold) the 12" Guts doll/figure. It is cool, but has a very specific audience.

As for all of the old stuff being brought over to the USA now...Toycom used to be the importer of Berserk stuff, but Toycom went "bye bye" and Yamato USA took over.

Yamato USA is now importing ALL of the Art of War statues and figures. It just has a limited amount of specifics on what items come and when they come...

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
Not that it really matters but Toycom was Yamato's U.S. Distribution company, they changed the name this year to have branding uniformity.

I hope they can figure out a way to beat Harmony Gold into Submission and get U.S. releases for their Macross lines. I have imported the whole 1/48 line, but I would absolutely buy duplicates if they brought them over and charged U.S. prices.

I also hope they bring over a re-release of the God's Hand AoW box set, I can't handle the price those guys go for on Yahoo Japan :(

conan

Until next time...
the last I heard, plan was to bring as much of the AOW stuff over as they could. If it is sold out or exclusive, they may not get it...

It's always subject to availability.

JCH

Top Bottom