Kentarou Miura's King of Wolves Licensed

Well good news for Miura fans King of Wolves has been lincense by Dark Horse.

Link: http://forums.animeondvd.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=811511&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The story's from Buronson, Miura only did the art, so you'd better not expect it to be so good... It's interesting to compare with the art in Berserk, but that's all there is to see as far as I'm concerned.

I finally read "King of Wolves" like three weeks ago, and I am sorry I didn’t pick it up when it came out in May. I think the story is good, and the art is amazing. It has to do with the Mongol empire around 1212, and Genghis Kahn. The main character “Iba” is pretty cool. He looks like a more muscular, black haired version of Griffith mixed with Judo (at least that’s what I thought). I also have to add that even though it is a fictional story (no shit lol) I really enjoy how either Miura, or Buronson throw in some historical facts along the way.
All in all I find the book to be worth it. I was wondering does any one know if Miura and Buronson have, or are going to do anymore work together? They truly seem to complement each others work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
I was wondering does any one know if Miura and Buronson have, or are going to do anymore work together?

They just did Japan and Oh-Rohden (sequel to Oh-Roh) in addition to Oh-Roh (Wolf King), and I doubt they'll ever do something together again.

Aazealh said:
They just did Japan and Oh-Rohden (sequel to Oh-Roh) in addition to Oh-Roh (Wolf King), and I doubt they'll ever do something together again.
thanks for the info. i have Japan and i really enjoyed it. i will look into the other books. its too bad about them probably not making any more books together though. do you know why they made any together in the first place?

Aazealh said:
Because they were interested in working together? What a question...
lol well yeah i imagined that much, what i was wondering (and should have been more specific about *my bad*) was if they ever had any plans to make a series together?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
if they ever had any plans to make a series together?

Nope, Oh-Roh, Oh-Rohden and Japan were all stand-alones. Miura was asked in an interview a few years ago if he thought he might work again on Japan after Berserk and he said he wouldn't.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
So is a one-volume only manga? I remember seeing an issue of this at Forbidden Planet long ago but have yet to see a volume 2.

These are one shots yeah. There will never be a volume 2 for Japan, and the plots of Oh-roh and its sequel are resolved at the end of the books.

Top Bottom