Final Fantasy series guilty of imitating berserk?

Herald of Yama said:
Going back to the "way-too-young heroes" argument: Guts is what, 22? He was about 15 or so when he joined up with the Band of the Hawk. OMG! G[uttz] iS a YoUNg hEROE, i gOttA StOP ReAdING bERZERKK!!!!112! :p

If Squaresoft and Sony were ripping off Berserk, at least the stories would be more interesting. At best, they're just biting Miura's mad style. BTW, didn't Orson (Record of Lodoss War OVA) carry a rather large sword?

Yeah, but Guts looks older, and he's seen more of Hell than any FF character ever has to my knowledge.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Herald of Yama said:
BTW, didn't Orson (Record of Lodoss War OVA) carry a rather large sword?

It was a 2-handed sword, slighty larger than the one used by Parn, and longer, but nothing more as far as I remember.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Metrosexuality is sweeping across the world.. naturally it's going to be incorperated into video games. It's not a bad thing.

Although I do admit that I thought he was a girl at first glance.. it wasn't until I looked at the chest that I was sure of his gender.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Khorne said:
What is metrosexuality?
Its a lifestyle...you live like a gay but you re not...thats how the media would put it.

So metrosexuals are people who are more into fashion, body care, make up and luxury lifestyle.
Actually it has no connection to their sexual habits i guess.

david_beckham_008.jpg

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Khorne said:
What is metrosexuality?

Basically when straight guys are exceptionally well-groomed and keep themselves looking exceptionally good.. as a gay man would.. only not gay. Technically one could say that every man on TV is a metrosexual.. since they all wear designer clothes and makeup and have perfectly done hair. Same goes with models and basically every guy who's job is to show themselves to the public.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My brother is the physical manifestation of metrosexuality. He shaves his legs...dunno why he does it but I don't like it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
DarkDragoon said:
Same goes with models and basically every guy who's job is to show themselves to the public.

Bullshit, the gay community didn't invent simply dressing with class; quite the opposite, really. Then again, things like metrosexuality are the definition of bullshit, but proof positive that you don't have to be gay to be a fag. ;)

Sorry if I'm bitter, but I live in Santa Cruz; America's grown up free playpen for toddlers 18 and older.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
"Griffith No More!" said:
Bullshit, the gay community didn't invent simply dressing with class; quite the opposite, really. Then again, things like metrosexuality are the definition of bullshit, but proof positive that you don't have to be gay to be a fag. ;)

Sorry if I'm bitter, but I live in Santa Cruz; America's grown up free playpen for toddlers 18 and older.

Well metrosexuality is a more then simply dressing with class.. I guess it also involves embracing your femenine side and what not.. but yes, metrosexuality is technically bullshit. It has nothing to do with sexuality and is basically just making yourself look good.. and smell good.

Griffith(from Berserk) is a great example of a Metrosexual in a sense.

D

darkbane

Khorne said:
He got fucked in the ass for money with style?

Well, it's Griffith. He oozes bishieness, of course even his intercourse is "with style". After all, wasn't it first-class liquor? Nuff said. ;)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Aazealh said:
It was a 2-handed sword, slighty larger than the one used by Parn, and longer, but nothing more as far as I remember.
If I recall correctly, wasn't he a berserker as well?

Duh duh duh...

Night of the living copy o_O

Im pretty sure some of you already thought of this when you finished reading
your berserk manga/anime, that you've seen this story and this cast before
(but with a twist).

For starters Final Fantasy 7, some people wonder why its the best FF ever
made, I dont because I know what they copied......BERSERK!!!!!!!

Guts has a big sword,Cloud has a big sword, Giff has big dreams,sword skills,
people are drawn to him, white hair, no lover, ONE real friend, and destinied
to inharrit great powers, Seph has etc, etc, etc..

Guts finds some wacky friends Cloud finds wacky friends,Guts keeps to himself,
lets guess what Cloud does??

Now the twist.Guts loves a girl and that BASTARDDDD Femto rapes her,Cloud
loves a girl and Seph kills her,RIGHT IN FRONT OF THERE EYES.Squaresoft
needs to give Berserk its credit, there taking someones story and giving it
to a different Country and when Berserk gets to that Country people think
its a rip off, I know I did. Its really sick to do something like that, SICK.

theres Devil May Cry and Gun Grave, and other games,mangas, and animes that copys Berserk story path, but
its four o clock and I have to pottttttttie :-X

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Re: Night of the living copy o_O

You are a little late on this man, I am pretty sure even before I mentioned on teh Arcticnightfall boards about the same thing which I did almost 2 YEARS ago, people were already talking about that. ;D

Top Bottom