Why it's ok to beat up black kids...

This proves my theory that America is crazy. ;D
Okay, more seriously, whoever devised that prize ought to be burned at a stake. >:(

Bush keeps talking about lawyers being to blame. What about the judge and jury? This is a new low though. At least the granny who spilled coffee on herself didn't hurt anyone (she was awarded about 2 mill).

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Like most BBC news articles, I felt this one left out certain important details-Like how much of the awarded money went to his lawyer >:(

Nah, America's not crazy, Khorne. America is gullible. Los Angeles is crazy.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, nations really piss me off when they get all stupid and personified! Pfff, America, one discrimination under God! >:(

::)

Anyway, good for these guys, ten points for originality, another 1.6 million points for actually pulling it off. I get tired of this kind of lame outrage. White cops beat black criminal, oh boo hoo. If the car jackers can sue for millions because they were resisting arrest, why can't the cops?

And now the black cop can sue for reverse reverse discrimination. ;D

BTW, what's with the strange national white police force conspiracy you guys have going? Is George W. involved in the plot to beat up innocent black people? Speaking of whom, I know a few, they're good hardworking people who go to school and work for a living, I wonder why they haven't been targeted by the national white cop gestapo yet, hmmmmm?

D

darkbane

"Griffith No More!" said:
BTW, what's with the strange national white police force conspiracy you guys have going? Is George W. involved in the plot to beat up innocent black people? Speaking of whom, I know a few, they're good hardworking people who go to school and work for a living, I wonder why they haven't been targeted by the national white cop gestapo yet, hmmmmm?

Just coz car jackers can sue for millions, doesn't make it right ^_^. Nah, no conspiracy theory or anything. In fact I don't really care which one of them is white or black or latino or mulato or hispanic or swahili or whatever, that's just a kind of plot device in this case - it's the ridiculousness of the whole situation that I'm trying to point out. Of the concept of reverse discrimination, too, even if I'm sure there's a perfectly valid reason to have it in place in the first place ^_^.

Edit: But if you think that the police is perfectly innocent, think again. Just look at how Austrian police treats immigrants, especially Turks, for instance. As for the USA, look no further than the Colorado Taser incident, which shows that you don't need to be black or Iraqi to be mistreated by cops. 8)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well, theres so much stupidity in this nation now a days, that it just doesn't piss me off anymore. Some of you people talk like immigrants or something.

D

darkbane

DemonX said:
Well, theres so much stupidity in this nation now a days, that it just doesn't piss me off anymore. Some of you people talk like immigrants or something.
Some of us talk like who we are, i.e. impartial observers from a foreign country, not resident in the USA (by choice, may I add ;)).

darkbane said:
Edit: But if you think that the police is perfectly innocent, think again. Just look at how Austrian police treats immigrants, especially Turks, for instance. As for the USA, look no further than the Colorado Taser incident, which shows that you don't need to be black or Iraqi to be mistreated by cops.  8)

Eh cops in L.A. are "sketchy" not many people trust the L.A. PD just look at what happen with the Rampbart sp? Fiasco.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Speaking of whom, I know a few, they're good hardworking people who go to school and work for a living, I wonder why they haven't been targeted by the national white cop gestapo yet, hmmmmm?

You already have the answer therein, Griff.

But if you think that the police is perfectly innocent, think again. Just look at how Austrian police treats immigrants, especially Turks, for instance. As for the USA, look no further than the Colorado Taser incident, which shows that you don't need to be black or Iraqi to be mistreated by cops.
Reminds me of the Naked Jogger Incident. :D

Griffith

darkbane said:
Edit: But if you think that the police is perfectly innocent, think again. Just look at how Austrian police treats immigrants, especially Turks, for instance. As for the USA, look no further than the Colorado Taser incident, which shows that you don't need to be black or Iraqi to be mistreated by cops.  8)

Yeah, but my point is, for all these incidents, every cop in the world risking their life just to do their job is to be held responsible and given a bad name? It's just another unfair stereotype. And most of the time these "serious incidents" usually boil down to people bitching, at least here in the states. If nobody is hurt seriously or killed, I'm inclined to side with the officers just on principle unless they were obviously out of line and abusing their power. All the bitching about cops doing their jobs just takes away from the people that have real cause for complaint.

But I find people tend to go the other way because they don't like speeding tickets. =)

Cops are people and like all people you got good and bad. I for one was commenting on the outrageous counter-suit. Wether or not the kid was assaulted is one thing but hitting one cop over another being multimillion worthy is insane. Resisting arrest is the proper term. Counter suing for racial discrimination is just greedy. How high was that judge and jury?

D

darkbane

Yeah, but my point is, for all these incidents, every cop in the world risking their life just to do their job is to be held responsible and given a bad name? It's just another unfair stereotype. And most of the time these "serious incidents" usually boil down to people bitching, at least here in the states. If nobody is hurt seriously or killed, I'm inclined to side with the officers just on principle unless they were obviously out of line and abusing their power. All the bitching about cops doing their jobs just takes away from the people that have real cause for complaint.

But I find people tend to go the other way because they don't like speeding tickets. =)

What about all the thugs that risk their lives every day so that that stream of pot and coke can keep flowing? ;D Just kiddin.

Well the real problem here is not with the cops but with the judicial system, imho.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
I'll say one thing though, I like black people, I skate with a bunch of them, I just dont like Niggers. Now dont go rushing all these thoughts, the word n***** now a days means something totally differen't. To me, they're people (any race) that are all G^ and think they're all hard, shooting people and killing them just for their rims, it happens over here where I live... and it's just sad to hear isn't it? People getting shot just for looking at someone wrong because the sun is in their eye... Yes, that is where I live.

It's gotten a lot better though, there was a drive by at my hosue when I was only 3, I whittnessed a man die while I was trying to catch my rabbit that escaped... in all, I just dont like N*****s, and I dont mean black people.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

True there are cops that risks their life and there are cops that take the bribe to look away. However the point is: they are paid to do their job, that it is to protect and serve and not to take the law in their hands and act like judge , jury and executioner. To arrest someone is fine, to beat him to a bloody pulp because you have a badge is not. You have the duty to protect even those that you arrest. The more so because they are in your charge.The cop that cannot accept that,  that thinks that he is dirty Harry or that he is "the law" has nothing to do with the force. I can be wrong but I think that the cops tha we are discussing about fall in the late category.

Griffith

roberto999 said:
True there are cops that risks their life and there are cops that take the bribe to look away. However the point is: they are paid to do their job, that it is to protect and serve and not to take the law in their hands and act like judge , jury and executioner. To arrest someone is fine, to beat him to a bloody pulp because you have a badge is not. You have the duty to protect even those that you arrest. The more so because they are in your charge.The cop that cannot accept that,  that thinks that he is dirty Harry or that he is "the law" has nothing to do with the force. I can be wrong but I think that the cops tha we are discussing about fall in the late category.

Yeah, you are wrong, hitting someone to subdue them isn't beating someone to "a bloody pulp." That's what everyone disregards when they sensationalize this crap. Is the guy dead, in a coma, confined to a wheelchair the rest of his life? No, didn't think so. The difference between just hitting someone and actually beating someone isn't always conveyed on tape. C'mon, hasn't anyone on this board ever had a little brother that needed to be subdued with force? =)

Anyway, while I was researching this matter, I discovered an interesting message board full of cops talking about the same stuff. It's pretty interesting to read; what do you know, they're people just like us! ;)

http://www.policemag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=818&whichpage=1

I think there is a misunderstanding. I for one (and I believe the rest of the people who posted) aren't questioning whether of not the police are people too. I am angry at the jury for letting the cops counter suit go through. Roberto seems to be angry at the cops that abuse their power because it's their job payed by taxpayer dollars to enforce the law not make a frivolous counter suit. People who get arested often sue for BS reasons but they are responsible for themselves. Police are (theoreticaly) responsible to the public. I can attest to meeting some of the finest men and women it has been my pleasure to meet who were police officers however abuse of power and possition tends to piss people off. No one is attacking the police they are merely pointing out the bad apples and flaws (wich a democracy theoreticaly needs) in order to fix them (or at least try).

Griffith

Rage Incarnate said:
I think there is a misunderstanding.  I for one (and I believe the rest of the people who posted) aren't questioning whether of not the police are people too.

There sure is, since a common, throwaway expression at the end of my post when I was just plugging an interesting website elicited a response rather than the body and point of my post.

roberto999

Anyway, while I was researching this matter, I discovered an interesting message board full of cops talking about the same stuff. It's pretty interesting to read; what do you know, they're people just like us! ;)

in the the same forum there is this warning too "message from the editor"
http://www.policemag.com/forum/default.asp

Oh , and a thing is  an attempt to subdue someone that is resisting the arrest, another is beat up someone for the fun of it or because you are feeling "righteous" even if your victim is lucky enough not to end in a wheelchair

Yeah, you are wrong, hitting someone to subdue them isn't beating someone to "a bloody pulp." That's what everyone disregards when they sensationalize this crap. Is the guy dead, in a coma, confined to a wheelchair the rest of his life? No, didn't think so. The difference between just hitting someone and actually beating someone isn't always conveyed on tape. C'mon, hasn't anyone on this board ever had a little brother that needed to be subdued with force? =)

Subduing could be abusive too - and racist /and whatever you want- and sometimes it ain't good

Btw, my father was beat up once by police agents and that left him with permanent problems on his foot and his knee - that was 35 years ago

Griffith

roberto999 said:
in the the same forum there is this warning too "message from the editor"
http://www.policemag.com/forum/default.asp

That place is cooler than I thought. We need something like that.

roberto999 said:
Oh , and a thing is  an attempt to subdue someone that is resisting the arrest, another is beat up someone for the fun of it or because you are feeling "righteous" even if your victim is lucky enough not to end in a wheelchair

Generally speaking, that's true, but since we're talking about a specific case, am I to believe you've read the officer's minds and know what they were thinking? I do remember you judging them earlier in the thread, as if you had some special, magical insight into the situation. BTW, if my eyes were rolling any more, they'd spin out of my skull and start orbiting my head. Ouch, help, I can't see!!

xechnao said:
Subduing could be abusive too - and racist /and whatever you want- and sometimes it ain't good

That is 100% true. I simply feel that when it comes to specific situations, it's prudent to give the police the benefit of the doubt until wrongdoing can be proven. It's not work to judge from afar.

xechnao said:
Btw, my father was beat up once by police agents and that left him with permanent problems on his foot and his knee - that was 35 years ago

Btw, my grandfather corked his billy club and filled it with lead; is that a perfect counter anecdote or what? All kidding aside, I'm sorry for your father's injury, may I ask the details of what transpired?

roberto999

Generally speaking, that's true, but since we're talking about a specific case, am I to believe you've read the officer's minds and know what they were thinking? I do remember you judging them earlier in the thread, as if you had some special, magical insight into the situation. BTW, if my eyes were rolling any more, they'd spin out of my skull and start orbiting my head. Ouch, help, I can't see!!
I haven't read their minds, but neither have you and their comanding officier has some ideas about it too

Inglewood Police Chief Ronald Banks, who had disciplined the officers, called the awards "ridiculous".

also the question was never that they are right to do what they did but that they were punished ( they say) more harsly that their collegue that was of the same race as the suspect that was beated up.

Mr Morse was sacked and his partner, Bijan Darvish, who is also white, was suspended for 10 days for filing a police report that failed to mention his partner's conduct.

Mr Morse was twice tried for assault but the case was dismissed after juries failed to reach a verdict. Mr Darvish was acquitted of filing a false report.

'Nationwide impact'

The men filed "reverse discrimination" lawsuits, claiming a third officer, Willie Crook, who also allegedly hit Mr Jackson with a torch and failed to report the incident, received only four days' suspension because he is black.

Griffith

roberto999 said:
I haven't read their minds, but neither have you and their comanding officier has some ideas about it too

Yes, we both have not read their minds, the difference is that for my point to be valid, I wouldn't have had to. And I don't see what the chiefs comment on their awards has to do with anything? Furthermore, he was the one ruled against basically, of course he doesn't like the decision.

roberto999 said:
also the question was never that they are right to do what they did but that they were punished ( they say) more harsly that their collegue that was of the same race as the suspect that was beated up.

Well, while were quoting the entire thread to eachother...

roberto999 said:

And in case you forgot already...

roberto999 said:
also the question was never that they are right to do what they did

Care to change your statements so that they're actually consistant?

Btw, my grandfather corked his billy club and filled it with lead; is that a perfect counter anecdote or what? All kidding aside, I'm sorry for your father's injury, may I ask the details of what transpired?

I don't know too much about the incident
There had been a dictatorship in Greece some time ago, for some years.
It was a police state
My mother was an university student in Athens- students occupied the university against the dictatorship
My father got arrested in Athens and they beat the crap out of him in interrogations
The most creepy thing to say is not about my father, but about the police-military invasion in the university, a showdown of smashing the gates and overruning people and students inside with tanks
There were many victims, the tank's tracks passed an inch next to my mother
That incident started the downfall of the dictatorship installment
It ended eventually with the incident of Cyprus

Much of the anti-US sentiment in Greece is because of this- US machinated and engineered the state's political and military events, along with England perhaps regarding the incident of Cyprus
Anyway, modern Greek people have been politically dumb in the 21st century from its beginning...
But I have gone miles away off the discussion, so I stop my rant here.  :)

Top Bottom