Henry Czerny
Ruining a classic this August 23rd.

http://movies.apple.com/trailers/mgm/images/the_pink_panther_poster.jpg

Is nothing holy!? :'(

D

darkbane

Rage Incarnate said:
Is nothing holy!? :'(
No. It's called post-modernism or something like that.

But in either case, any movie with Jean Reno is a movie that I want to watch.

Edit: And anyway, what's with everyone jumping to conclusions so fast these days. "Bah, this movie sucks, even though I haven't seen it yet. The previous version from XX years back / the book from XXX years back is so much better." Not everything is ruined by Hollywood and co., even if the standard has been pretty low lately. Judging a book by its cover is the ultimate closed-mindedness in my opinion.

Edit 2: Oh and let's think for a moment. Anyone here will likely support a second season of Berserk, right? Even if it turns out to be sub-par compared to the manga (and it almost certainly will), there probably won't be too many complaints voiced. So why isn't it the same for Western works? When I hear about a new Count of Monte Cristo or Lord of the Rings movie, my first reaction is "great, more recognition will be gained for an excellent work" and not "blah, they ruined it again (again though I haven't even seen it yet)"

I saw the trailer and from what I HAVE seen it looks bad. Jean Reno is a plus I agree but Steve Martin's best movies were in th 90's after that he got cliche. I am a fan of both the Pink Panther and Berserk and if they made a bad second season of Berserk (they could find a way even with Miura looking over their shoulder) I would be furious. As I am now. I am not calling it horrible before I see it I just think that no one (especially Steve Martin) can replace Peter Sellers. Plus the most tastefull thing hollywood has done in years is not touch Peter Sellers' master piece of comedy. Please don't flame me for my anti-Martinism I have nothing against him in perticular I just know he's no Peter Seller's.

D

darkbane

Rage Incarnate said:
I saw the trailer and from what I HAVE seen it looks bad. Jean Reno is a plus I agree but Steve Martin's best movies were in th 90's after that he got cliche. I am a fan of both the Pink Panther and Berserk and if they made a bad second season of Berserk (they could find a way even with Miura looking over their shoulder) I would be furious. As I am now. I am not calling it horrible before I see it I just think that no one (especially Steve Martin) can replace Peter Sellers. Plus the most tastefull thing hollywood has done in years is not touch Peter Sellers' master piece of comedy. Please don't flame me for my anti-Martinism I have nothing against him in perticular I just know he's no Peter Seller's.

I wasn't trying to flame you, and now that you've actually stated some sounder reasons for why this movie might suck, I'm resting my case anyway ^_^. We'll watch and see.

Top Bottom