TGS - Berserk PS2

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
12.jpg

trolls!

Gah, must learn more....

Too bad none of the gaming sites I've been on have talked about the game much.

So with trolls there, we're probably going to see Schierke, Farnese, Seprico and the gang.

And now for a bit of pure speculation (and genius marketing), the perfect setting for this game would be the the voyage to Elfhome, from prior to the new armor up till the point when they reach it. If Muira decided to jump back to Griffith and what's happening with him instead of the voyage to Elfhome, this would drive all berserk fans to go outa nd buy the game just learn about the voyage :)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Kasirak said:
Gah, must learn more....

Too bad none of the gaming sites I've been on have talked about the game much.

So with trolls there, we're probably going to see Schierke, Farnese, Seprico and the gang.

And now for a bit of pure speculation (and genius marketing), the perfect setting for this game would be the the voyage to Elfhome, from prior to the new armor up till the point when they reach it. If Muira decided to jump back to Griffith and what's happening with him instead of the voyage to Elfhome, this would drive all berserk fans to go outa nd buy the game just learn about the voyage :)
Tain't what its about though, that is Guts' old armor.

hence the reason why I said from prior to the new armor, since the game was in design since prior to it. Anyways, I can't wait to hear more about the game really.

Whatever it is about, I know I'll probably buy it anyways just to have a berserk game again.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
We tried a quick demo version of Berserk at Sammy's TGS booth today. The game is based on the anime of the same name and stars Guts, a one-eyed warrior with a sword so massive it would humble Cloud Strife. Though there wasn't a lot to the demo, we got a good feel for the basic action mechanics of the game, which definitely have a unique and satisfying feel.

The short level featured in the Berserk demo was set in a snowy field area surrounded by pine trees. It simply stuck Guts in the middle of a huge pack of ape-like creatures that he had to hack and slice by the dozen. Guts has a fairly standard repertoire of sword moves--you can dash at enemies, you can create a number of combos by hitting different attack buttons, and by pressing triangle you can also swing your sword in a wide circle, hitting enemies all around you (after a brief pause). What sets the fighting in Berserk apart from most games involving sword combat is that Guts' huge sword has a real feeling of weight to it. When you execute a dash or attack combo or the spin move, he'll actually stumble around a bit and try to recover his strength before he can attack again. The fluid way that Guts moves, as though he's fighting to control the balance of his weapon, is uncannily realistic and needs to be seen to be fully appreciated.

One more thing about Berserk bears noting: It's enormously bloody. The one enemy type we saw in the demo could be sliced apart in a lot of different ways, depending on how your sword hit each one. You can decapitate, dismember, or simply cleave in two these enemies, which is in itself pretty satisfying. Also, the ground and Guts himself were covered with blood by the time we'd finished our slaughter. Very cool.
How much of the this did the DC game do?

Suavo-kun

<33333
Berserk PS2 Movie!!!111!!1one

http://data.ruliweb.net:8080/tgs2003/ruliweb/ber01.mpg

A nice 30 mb vid of the outcoming ps2 game!!11 I want a PS2 now. :(

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Re:Berserk PS2 Movie!!!111!!1one

Suavo-kun said:
http://data.ruliweb.net:8080/tgs2003/ruliweb/ber01.mpg

A nice 30 mb vid of the outcoming ps2 game!!11 I want a PS2 now. :(
hey, why don't you look at this.
thesaintofkiller said:
here's the first vid ;D

http://ga.gamesquad.net/showthread.php?threadid=58180

looks fantastic !

neohx_7

I say whip it. Whip it good!
TGS screen of new Berserk Game

I came across this photo of the new Berserk game for PS2 by Sammy. http://watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030927/ss39.jpg

Its very blurry, but I think thats Guts taking on some trolls in the snow. Looks like same type of gameplay as the Dreamcast one.

(WARNING this post may sound weird since It was originally not in this topic. I didn't realize that Berserk videogames would be discussed in merchandise. I guess I'll search next time. Anyways, only a little bit after I made this post, it just went on a wild ride through the boards and ended up here. After the nice video clip this picture isn't really that interesting. You mods sure know how to take control of the topics, don't ya. ;) )

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
That video was pretty damn cool. DC game 2, but with more stuff from the manga (somehow, now that they're gone, I miss the Trolls =). Anyway, now I have to find a PS2 to play this turkey on... I wish FF7: Cash-In Children wasn't just a DVD of Visual Bullshit, it would almost be worth it for two games with huge swords.

-Griffith

MeLtDoWn

I'm a llama!
according to the message board at gamespot, one of the people working at the sammy E3 booth said that the game will start during/after the eclipse. If that demo with the trolls is actually part of the game, I am so stoked for what could be an epic game 8) if the story accurately goes all the way to when the trolls and ogres come in. I also hope that sammy and yukes decide to keep the feature length cutscenes that made character dev. and the story really cool for the first game.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
MeLtDoWn said:
according to the message board at gamespot, one of the people working at the sammy E3 booth said that the game will start during/after the eclipse. If that demo with the trolls is actually part of the game, I am so stoked for what could be an epic game 8) if the story accurately goes all the way to when the trolls and ogres come in. I also hope that sammy and yukes decide to keep the feature length cutscenes that made character dev. and the story really cool for the first game.

Did you watch the video to the end? The ogre was in there too. If they go that far into the story they might as well end with a Boss Fight against Slann. Now that would be cool.

Top Bottom