Episode 250

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Tarnaak said:
Aaz, aren't you being a bit overzealous when you edit almost every post in this thread alone? It's pretty annoying.
Huh? One to add the episode title, one to move the photoedits, three to his own posts, and one for something else. Looks like ok modding to me.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, of course. I want to see more of Azan, and find out how quickly Freak Girl's vision of doom is gonna come to pass..

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Tarnaak said:
Aaz, aren't you being a bit ove« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 5:34:59 PM by Aazealh »

;D

Anyway, does anybody remember what happened in the last episode, let alone have an idea of what's going to happen in this one? I mean, I remember the last episode fine, but I totally forgot the context and direction of the narrative at this point. The preview does not help me get it back, the whackiest theory I can muster is that Schierke is giving Azan an apple, or even crazier, Griffith an apple! Or, maybe even Ganishka an app« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 5:34:59 PM by Aazealh »

I put chapter in my post and he changed it to episode.  I could care less really as long as my post isn't being edited to make me look like a total ass and or retard.

That doesn't mean go and make me look retarded, Aaz.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
I mean, I remember the last episode fine, but I totally forgot the context and direction of the narrative at this point.

I know what you mean. While writing the Glossary section, I glossed over (yukk yukk) the past 3 volumes a few dozen times. In my initial reading of Falconia, I honestly didn't expect to see Griffith by its end. But now, I have full faith he'll make an appearance. Maybe now, we'll finally see why he's called the Ultimate Strong One. Which reminds me of a theory I h« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 5:34:59 PM by Aazealh »

Akin

MOOO!!!
*peaks his head out from the shadows* Hrm.. not many posts... normally we would be on at least page 5 by now... this dry spell must have killed some members... that or they killed themselves from that the depression that withdraw causes... hrm...

... Anyways, I just got Berserk Volume 6 at my local comic book store, so its a very berserk week!!
*goes back to lerking
~~~~~~~

D

darkbane

Anyway, the episode supposedly deals with Gut's band continued quest of finding a boat, at least that's roughly what it said on ya.com before the preview came out, and blueberserk told me the same also. But I guess it's just what we would expect anyway, and the big (or not so big) issues are the apple and Vendimion. Oh well. *tries to hide from public embarassment as s/he eagerly jumps up and down in anticipation of the chapter* Damn withdrawal syndroms.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tarnaak said:
Aaz, aren't you being a bit overzealous when you edit almost every post in this thread alone? It's pretty annoying.

What's annoying is people that posts when they've got nothing interesting to say. *hint hint* If you've got more complaining to do, please send me a PM or post in conan's whine thread.

dwarfkicker said:
I put chapter in my post and he changed it to episode. I could care less really as long as my post isn't being edited to make me look like a total ass and or retard.

It prevents confusion, and with time, people will get used to the correct terms. However, I'd really prefer everybody to make an effort and do it themselves, I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of editing posts/thread titles/etc that way.

Akin said:
Hrm.. not many posts... normally we would be on at least page 5 by now...

Yeah, it's a shame really, imagine 5 pages of clumsy Snow White references and other high relevant LOLZ posts... The loss is just irreplaceable.

darkbane said:
Anyway, the chapter supposedly deals with Gut's band continued quest of finding a boat, at least that's roughly what it said on ya.com before the preview came out, and blueberserk told me the same also.

By chapter you mean EPISODE, right? Anyway, what you read is just a lame summary of what Guts' band is up to these days (i.e. finding a boat to Elfhelm), and obviously they haven't suddenly decided to head to Wyndham instead :eek:.

D

darkbane

NAazealh said:
By chapter you mean EPISODE, right?
Gah, not again ^_^. Sorry.

NAazealh said:
Anyway, what you read is just a lame summary of what Guts' band is up to these days (i.e. finding a boat to Elfhelm), and obviously they haven't suddenly decided to head to Wyndham instead :eek:.
I kinda had a feeling it's like that, heh. But hey, if they were to decide to head to Wyndham in a kamikaze-like fashion, that would be fine with me. Losing his "excess baggage" (ie Caska, Farnese, and the others) to the beast while on the way to face the elusive Griffith would be interesting to watch. Then again, that's probably not gonna be the topic of this episode huh.

BiQ_

" ... "
Hum. Now that I have pondered things little more, I find the "Azan getting the apple" somewhat improbable. The last time we saw him he hitched the bread from the guy who fell through the door because of that brawl inside and seemed to run away (or making a retreat from the scene, if you will). Also, since most of the previews have IIRC been from the first or second page, having Azan inside the inn at that timeframe seems a bit... unrealistic.

This is not to say that we won't see him in this episode. That's still up for us to see.

Now, something else that I might or might not have said in the 249 thread, I really expected this episode to change the focus to Griffith & Ganishka. The 249 ending with some important things settled gave me the feeling that the story would now look into other things, especially considering that we have been looking at Guts & co for a some time already, when the situation in Windham is changing... oh well. Guess that bird-tale told by Sonja was all that we are getting...  :-\

On a side note - considering how fast the 249 thread was driven into a nonsense-fest, I tend to understand admins motivation to keep this thread on topic.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Let's get back to business.

Apparently, this episode will involve Farnese and Serpico's father, he probably has been seeking them, so they'll have to deal with him and what he represents (Holy See, etc).

Apart from that, a Puck "Elf Jigenryû" card game is in the works.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
It prevents confusion, and with time, people will get used to the correct terms. However, I'd really prefer everybody to make an effort and do it themselves, I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of editing posts/thread titles/etc that way.

Although you are totally right, they are technically synonymous nouns, so what's the big deal? Go ahead and say it, Aaz, "Chapter 250." C'mon, you're not hurting anybody, take your pants off and say it. It feels good, doesn't it; naughty, dirrrty, wrong, like you're being a bad little boy and need a spanking? *tongue waggle* ;)

Aazealh said:
Let's get back to business.

Apparently, this episode will involve Farnese and Serpico's father, he probably has been seeking them, so they'll have to deal with him and what he represents (Holy See, etc).

Wow, we knew they'd get trouble from the Holy See, but I didn't think Daddy himself would come directly into play. That is interesting, I wonder what he's going to think about his daughter being a witch and his son running around with "fairies." ;D

Now I'm very curious indeed, especially with Azan in the picture too.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BiQ-- said:
I really expected this episode to change the focus to Griffith & Ganishka. [...] Guess that bird-tale told by Sonja was all that we are getting... :-\

I don't think so, it will occur, but after Guts' band sails away to Elfhelm IMHO. We just need to wait a bit more. I'm still wondering what was Rakshas up to last time we saw him.

Although you are totally right, they are technically synonymous nouns, so what's the big deal? Go ahead and say it, Aaz, "Chapter 250." C'mon, you're not hurting anybody, take your pants off and say it.

Well, I've got my pants off most of the time I spend editing your posts already you know :-* (remember that time 3 years ago when you said something about my grammar? Well I didn't forget UUUUUGHH).

Anyway, it prevents confusion as I said earlier, and the point is that they're different in Japanese (shô / wa), that's why we agreed on distinguishing them quite some time ago. Plus it's the Holy Word of Olivier if I remember well. Need I say more? 8)

Wow, we knew they'd get trouble from the Holy See, but I didn't think Daddy himself would come directly into play. That is interesting, I wonder what he's going to think about his daughter being a witch and his son running around with "fairies." ;D

Yeah, not only are they deserters (and seeing Azan's condition, I'm not sure they'd get away very easily with it), but Farnese's father is most probably not planning to let his only legitimate child (Serpico would be dispensable) take the path she's on at the moment.

xechnao said:

They were joking about what Tarnaak said.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Aazealh said:
Yeah, it's a shame really, imagine 5 pages of clumsy Snow White references and other high relevant LOLZ posts... The loss is just irreplaceable.

You know, that's interesting because my Nadesico and Paranoia agent dvd just came in but i haven't gotten my Paranoia agent soundtrack from .... ::)
I see your point :eek:

Aazealh said:
Nice to know.... Him? You mean azan has met up with Farnese and Serpico's dad? I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're saying... Or do you mean he (Daddy) will be seeing them (F & S) in this chapter?

Aazealh said:
Anyway, it {chapter insdead of episode} prevents confusion as I said earlier, and the point is that they're different in Japanese (shô / wa), that's why we agreed on distinguishing them quite some time ago. Plus it's the Holy Word of Olivier if I remember well. Need I say more? 8)

Hrm... too bad Dark Horse doesn't seem to want to title things this way :-\

Aazealh said:
Apart from that, a Puck "Elf Jigenryû" card game is in the works.

Eh?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Akin said:
It's Puck's "Elf Sword School" (not an exact translation) that he was "training" Isidoro in for a while. And the card game part of it is pretty self-explanatory.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice episode.

Quick summary: the apple was Farnese training under Schierke, trying to see its astral body. Guts stays in bed. Farnese and Serpico set out to confront their father in his big mansion (Serpico just acts as a servant, of course), but he seems to disregard Farnese, and just go off. There's also a bigger version of volume 28's cover inside (the "color page" I guess).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Very nice episode.

Quick summary: the apple was Farnese training under Schierke, trying to see its astral body. Guts stays in bed. Farnese and Serpico set out to confront their father in his big mansion (Serpico just acts as a servant, of course), but he seems to disregard Farnese, and just go off. There's also a bigger version of volume 28's cover inside (the "color page" I guess).
Right on! Thanks Aazealh ;D!

Akin

MOOO!!!
*looks at the first page*

HOLY SWEET JESUS!! Wow! That's one of the best covers up there, ranking up there with the volume 13 cover and the volume 26 cover... (better even?) So cool... gut's inner demon "the beast" is just in full physical form... gut's isn't even there any more... he's nothing but a mad dog... cool pose too... wow, just wow...

... I'll be fine.. in through the nose, out through the mouth....

OK, now on to the episode!
Edit: crap, no translation yet...

Griffith

Bakou said:
yep that cover became my desktop before I even started trying to read the japanese :p

Then you should appreciate this.

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4158.0

Took the scan and cleaned up all the crap.

BTW, check it out, it's the 251 preview already!

251preview.jpg

Yup.​

So, I guess we'll see if Loserifico can help his sis and bro out with a ship. And Serpico and Magnifico, that's just cute. :)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
i haven't gotten my Paranoia agent soundtrack from ....  ::) I see your point :eek:

Good, quite a number of people are unfortunately unable to.

Akin said:
Nice to know....  Him?  You mean azan has met up with Farnese and Serpico's dad? I'm not sure I'm clear on what you're saying...  Or do you mean he (Daddy) will be seeing them (F & S) in this chapter?

I meant Farnese and Serpico meeting their father.

Akin said:
Hrm...  too bad Dark Horse doesn't seem to want to title things this way :-\

The hell with them.

ZODDGUTSU said:
Caska+Apple= Pure Comedy.  ;D

Can't wait for the translation as to what was the conversation between Farnese and her father. :eek:

I can't get enough of "Pirate Puck" myself. ;D

Anyway, Farnese and her father's exchange was interesting if not lenghty, it's what I expected, and it seems like they might get some help from her brother (how could she think her father would lend them a boat anyway?).

I get to wonder about what will happen to the Vandimion family once the Kushan armies attack...

Aazealh said:
Very nice episode.

Oh, Aazealh, we thank you for...

Amen

Top Bottom