Where are you from?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Where are you from?

darkbane said:
Probably just the two of us ^_^. But it would be cool if there are more, since Berserk is so great etc etc ^_^

You're not the only Russians on this board, if that's what you're wondering.

Lliugusamui

around the corner

As for stifler, kyoke, im gonna translate , he kinda said :
you too live in Russia ?
as for the other sentence, i only recognized "xopowo" and "pycckux" and berserk (easy one^^)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

darkbane said:
Big problem in Europe. Russia, Germany, UK... I'm sure France has some of these too?

Yeah, it's actually quite complicated here. Simplifying it, we've got some clash between Jewish and "Maghrebian" people, basically a ridiculous mockery of the Israel/Palestin conflict, and mostly involving young punks that have nothing to do (and don't really have any relation with what they're "fighting" for) and embrace the first cause they come across that allows them to break stuff and randomly fight.

It has gotten worse these last years, but what's disgusting is that some French nationalists/racists/whatever groups are behind a good part of it, infiltrated into both factions, and getting them against each other.

And of course, this makes place for insecurity propaganda and other BS that scares old people enough to vote for the wrong people (add to that the ambiant political stagnation).

*Gyom* said:
As for stifler, kyoke, im gonna translate , he kinda said :
you too live in Russia ?
as for the other sentence, i only recognized "xopowo" and "pycckux" and berserk (easy one^^)

what do "xopowo" and "pyccukux" mean then?

Mo said:
It's all good, baby-baaaby!

I dont get it... ???

D

darkbane

Aazealh said:
You're not the only Russians on this board, if that's what you're wondering.
I was replying to his question, which literally was "I wonder how many other Russians are here". So yeah, good to know. ^_^

stifler said:
Ты все еще в России жывешь? Кстати не знаешь каких нибудь хорошых русских сайтов с Berserk?
I'll keep replying in english for everyone's benefit and because I don't really have a russian keyboard. No, I live in Austria, though I'm from Murmansk originally. And I don't know any good russian fansites for Berserk, but maybe Aaz or someone else does, they're on top of most things Berserk. By the way, stifler, if I don't reply to anything else you say to me here or on PM, it's because my bandwith for this month just ran out.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, it's actually quite complicated here. Simplifying it, we've got some clash between Jewish and "Maghrebian" people, basically a ridiculous mockery of the Israel/Palestin conflict, and mostly involving young punks that have nothing to do (and don't really have any relation with what they're "fighting" for) and embrace the first cause they come across that allows them to break stuff and randomly fight.

It has gotten worse these last years, but what's disgusting is that some French nationalists/racists/whatever groups are behind a good part of it, infiltrated into both factions, and getting them against each other.

And of course, this makes place for insecurity propaganda and other BS that scares old people enough to vote for the wrong people (add to that the ambiant political stagnation).
I totally forgot about the boredom factor, probably since I think those doing it out of boredom are not as dangerous (as fanatics). But that political meddling is, especially since it also prepares the ground for needless conflicts that will tear at the nation for many years to come. :-\

Kyoke said:
what do "xopowo" and "pyccukux" mean then?
Those don't mean anything, but "хорошых" means good and "русских" means russian. "сайтов" means websites.

Wow, i really thought more people would be from America which is where i am from (But my family is from Italy/ Sweden- which is where i got my name "neoberserker," not from Berserk, Berserkers are... well you guys should know who they are)

D

darkbane

NeoBerserker said:
Wow, i really thought more people would be from America which is where i am from (But my family is from Italy/ Sweden- which is where i got my name "neoberserker," not from Berserk, Berserkers are... well you guys should know who they are)

Those guys wearing bear pelts and swinging around their weapons like ragnarok will come tomorrow? ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

I am from Washington state but currently live in Japan, it is a very awesome place with hot anime chicks at everystop and ninjas everywhere, truly a place made for gods.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I am from Washington state but currently live in Japan, it is a very awesome place with hot anime chicks at everystop and ninjas everywhere, truly a place made for gods.

You are truely a lucky bastard. :eek: ;D

As for me I live in L.A. sorrounded by hot latinas sorry no Ninjas but there are gansters at every street coner there like Ninjas right?? :-\ Truely a place for devils. -_-

Well I'm half Italian from my dad's family and about 40% Spanish from my mom's side the other 10% is Indian no not from India I mean Native American but from Mexico. I speak two languages English (duh) and spanish. Heh people find it strange that I speak spanish just because I don't look hispanic. >:(

Hate the fact that people think that Hispanic/latinos have brownish/Tanish skin and must speak Spanish everytime they talk. -_-

Hawk

I'm from Poland. Sorry for my english.

WOW :eek:
This forum is cool. Here are so many nactionalities, not only USA (is this american site?) but also Egypt, Poland, France, Russia, Italy, Brazil?(Puerto Rico).
I've got question to persons which still are leaving in their "Home Country". How much Berserk is popular in your country? Have you got some good websites about Berserk?
In Poland Berser isn't so popukar like other anime (the most popular anime in poland is Dragon Ball, which I also like ^_^) and we haven't good websites about Berserk. :/
Here is one form my many wallpapers of Dragon Ball http://hawk1985.webpark.pl/wallpaper2.jpg ,rest you can find here http://hawk1985.webpark.pl/moje_tapety.html if you are interested. ^_^
That's all folks XD

PS Sorry for my english ::)

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ

I grew up in the rustic mountains of New York. I moved with my family to North Carolina which is where my body currently resides. It has been years since the move and I still miss 'home'.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Hawk said:
How much Berserk is popular in your country? Have you got some good websites about Berserk?

Berserk isn't very popular yet in France, mainly due to the recursive problems with local editors. First volume came out in 1996, then it was abandonned, the publisher hadn't bought the license anyway. Then some company (Dybex) got the license (manga and anime), and kept it without releasing for years. They finally started publishing it again 2 years ago IIRC, the edition was shitty, no respect for anything, translations from Italian and not Japanese, etc.

When time came to renew the rights, the Hakusensha discarded them (the company still tried to forcefully release volume 7), and we had to wait a year or so before another company (Glénat) could start again from scratch. They're doing an "ok" job overall.

The DVDs got released very slowly by Dybex, overpriced with no bonus and a shitty packaging. The subtitles aren't the best I've seen either. They didn't care to dub it, but that's fine with me because it would have been a sacrilege.

Interesting thing to note that everytime, the guys had the choice to hire Olivier Hagué to take care of the translation, which he would have done as well as can be. But they did otherwise, going against any possible form of logic.

It's quite famous in Italy otherwise as far as I know, and popular enough in Germany.

As for Berserk-related French sites, there's this one: Berserk France. There are several others, but I can't give you the links out of memory.

I got a question for everyone here (since we are on the topic of different countries). What do you people think of Americans? Some people tell me that people from different countries hate Americans. But they are from America so how would they know. I just wanted to know, what is our stereotype and what do people here think about us?

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I don't really like were i live, you just make me hate were i live even more. (not that i hate New Jersery, i just hate how there is no woods near my house (especially for paintball) and everybody around hear is an asshole)

The absolute stereotype here is that americans are either very fat, or very triggerhappy.(not my personal opinion, so don`t flame me)

Hawk said:
Brazil?(Puerto Rico).

map8vd.jpg

;D

Hawk said:
I've got question to persons which still are leaving in their "Home Country". How much Berserk is popular in your country?

Not very popular... anime is not a big culture here... maybe from the 4 million ppl living here, about 20k to 40k are real anime fans. And as for manga... its even less common than anime.

Hawk said:
Have you got some good websites about Berserk?

No not really... At least not that I know of...
*looks around*
Nomad... You know of any?

Khorne said:
The absolute stereotype here is that americans are either very fat, or very triggerhappy.(not my personal opinion, so don`t flame me)

One of the stereotypes here is that americans (united states citizens) are rich, emotionless bastards who want to take over everything... :p

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Our main stereotype about the rest of the world is that they're jealous. ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
Our main stereotype about the rest of the world is that they're jealous. ;D

::)

Why is that GriffNoMo?

Is it cuz "The Terminator" is your governor?
:p

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency

well i came to the US 6 years ago, and i like it here, but my beliefs coming here were much different from what actually was. I was of coarse mystified by its grandeur, but the first thing i noticed was that there were open lawns, where i come from u always had a fence closing off your lawn, plus the second thing i noticed is that all houses pretty much look the same, since in Russia all houses were usually custom made, since there were no companies building yet.... But basically i loved it. For some DUMB reason though i thought that they would like foreign kids, cause i know if someone from even another city came to my school I would be very curious. Instead ppl were being Big asses....But now its all good, now I'm part of the team, and gon be getting my citizenship soon......As for disappointments - education, i went to 7th grade here and the level of math was one that i took in 5th grade.....but otherwise its cool......

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Kyoke said:
::)

Why is that GriffNoMo?

Is it cuz "The Terminator" is your governor?
:p

No, we've just gotten accustomed to the hostility that marks bitter envy, it's like a sixth sense. ;)

Anyway, I was just talking about America, as for California, since it is the best place in America, us Cali natives are extra sensitive to the jealousy of the lesser World, even our own pathetic countryman. Don't worry, you should have the satisfaction of knowing that one day a giant earthquake will likely wipe all of us beautiful people out. ;D

"Griffith No More!" said:
No, we've just gotten accustomed to the hostility that marks bitter envy, it's like a sixth sense. ;)

Anyway, I was just talking about America, as for California, since it is the best place in America, us Cali natives are extra sensitive to the jealousy of the lesser World, even our own pathetic countryman. Don't worry, you should have the satisfaction of knowing that one day a giant earthquake will likely wipe all of us beautiful people out. ;D

[quote author="Maynard James Keenan/Tool"]
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/TOOL/Aenima.html
[/quote]

Learned to swim yet? ::)
I think Ill be buying "beachfront" property in Arizona in a few years. ;)

BiQ_

" ... "

I'm from Finland, getting DH's berserk here is kinda bleh, because of the license stupidities... Yes, we get them, like month or more later.  >:(

Top Bottom