Episode 250

puella

Berserk forever
I never thought that Vandimion's place is near to Vritannis. :eek:
So when I read some preview about this episode, I was almost sure that Farnese' father had been seeking her.

Maybe, Farnese could have a chance to develop her magic skill to cope with some problem there. Just my guess.

mahlernut

I call the big one Bitey!
I was a little surprised by that myself. Its been a while since I've read the recent events, but I don't remember Farnese giving any hint that they were approaching a place where she'd be certain to find her father. But it looks like she was fully aware all along, and just hoping that the matter didn't come up, so I'll just have to read back and check for any hints that might've been dropped. Its times like this I wish we had a map, even a vague one, to give a vague sense of the relative location of things. At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how Farnese and Serpico deal with their family, especially if the unusual nature of Serpico's new equipment is found out.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Thank you Aazealh for the new episode.

As for the portrait on page 13, I am sure their must be more fat men than Foss, and the snail count. It is most likely no-one important.

On another note, it is good to see that Guts is resting again.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Aazealh said:
I get to wonder about what will happen to the Vandimion family once the Kushan armies attack...
Manifico (are you sure that is not Magnifico?) will have to change his underwear. :p

Anyway thank you for the chapter Aazealh

Farnesse's father is so cold...almost inhuman
In a certain sense I prefer the nobles we have seen so far
Anyway, I am not saying he is an apostle or something
-Besides, Serpicko has demonstrated some of this "coolness" as well-
As far as father goes, there is something missing in his life, he is very lonely
Farnesse's reaction- and Serpicko's- were very true -realistically speaking
I guess Farnesse and Manifico shere more of their mother's personality traits
High level of curiosity for the next chapter...
Be it monumental sites, combats, suspence, romance, family relations, be it the whole world...Miura is able to do it- episode after epsiode
Great large scale epic opera

Quite excellent, going into a little more detail with Farnese. Thanks Aaz! ;D

- C

PS. By the way i ordered vol 6 back in December from Barnes and Noble. They said it would be in by Jan. 1st, then Jan. 10th. I went in the other day cause they haven't called back and they said the publisher, Dark horse comics, cancelled it. I went to the Dark horse website and thats exactly opposite. In fact you can order it right off line, and they have a preview of vol 7 up too. B and N called me back today and said they were mistaken, its just out of stock and they might be able to get it again. Once again i checked the internet and i can have it next day shipped. What the hell? Anyone else have problems from actual stores getting it in? :-X

Thanks Aaz
At first when Farnese got up to make herself useful, I thought she might try and use magic already to get what she a ship, i'm glad that didn't end up the case.

I couldn't imagine the brother helping Farnese and Serpico, he seems more concerned with his own problems and might even see this as an opportunity to look better in front of Daddy and stop the two if they take matters into their own hands.
Then again the possibility of the brother helping Farnese and Serpico to spite the father can't be ruled out.

One of my favourite parts in the story is seeing Guts is finally resting properly, he always seemed too stubborn to do so since the Armour first enveloped him, he should be more capable and ready for new challenges in the not too distant future now.

mahlernut said:
Its times like this I wish we had a map, even a vague one, to give a vague sense of the relative location of things.
Same, I was thinking that very thing before while going through the behind the scenes on the RotK DVD.
Miura should have implemented one by about now, prehaps it's not time to put the whole of the known Berserk world on map yet, but there is a good chance one will be shown eventually.

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see how Farnese and Serpico deal with their family, especially if the unusual nature of Serpico's new equipment is found out.

Yeah, the magic weapons are definitely an accident waiting to happen in this situation. I think there is a good chance that Farnese and Serpico's new life choice is going to be exposed some time soon.

Psymont 2.0 said:
maybe snail count or foss

Doubt it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
As for the portrait on page 13, I am sure their must be more fat men than Foss, and the snail count. It is most likely no-one important.

Yeah, looks like the average fat priest from the Holy See.

Headless Death said:
On another note, it is good to see that Guts is resting again.

Keeping his energy for action to come! ;D

roberto999 said:
Manifico (are you sure that is not Magnifico?)

I'd say Magnifico, yeah.

TheSkyTraveller said:
That's cute, Isidro's wounds from his "epic battle" with Mule are still healing. Thought that was a nice touch. =)

Same here, it's nice to see Miura stays attentive to small things like that.

Sparnage said:
One of my favourite parts in the story is seeing Guts is finally resting properly, he always seemed too stubborn to do so since the Armour first enveloped him

I think that SK's speech on the beach along with his own incapacity to control the armor made him realize the situation he was in.

roberto999

puella said:
I never thought that Vandimion's place is near to Vritannis. :eek:
So when I read some preview about this episode, I was almost sure that Farnese' father had been seeking her.
The Vandimion are very rich. They can have, and surely they have, more than a house. They can have moved to this house because of the war or because of their business. And not necessarily every family member has moved here. Maybe just daddy dearest and the magnificent Magnifico.  ;D
http://www.ilnarratore.com/collectm...&language=en&aid=139&tpl=/eng/autore.tpl.html

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults.cfm?destination=florence@63&cur_section=fea&feature=30009

Betcha that the other son Politiano (or Poliziano) is very good with a paintbrush :p ;D
http://natey.com/poliziano/history.html

roberto999

Sparnage said:
Thanks Aaz

I couldn't imagine the brother helping Farnese and Serpico, he seems more concerned with his own problems and might even see this as an opportunity to look better in front of Daddy and stop the two if they take matters into their own hands.
Then again the possibility of the brother helping Farnese and Serpico to spite the father can't be ruled out.
I agree. Anyway the only way for good old Magnifico to help his sister (and I doubt that he will do it) would be to get a ship for them, Because, otherwise, even if she could leave the palace, Farnese would remain trapped in the city and now that her father knows that she is in Vritanis he would have no problem at all to find her again

D

darkbane

Very interesting episode.

roberto999 said:
I agree. Anyway the only way for good old Magnifico to help his sister (and I doubt that he will do it) would be to get a ship for them, Because, otherwise, even if she could leave the palace, Farnese would remain trapped in the city and now that her father knows that she is in Vritanis he would have no problem at all to find her again

It certainly seems that Magnifico will interact with Farnese in some way. That look should have some kind of significance. He may help her just to spite his father, who's being a bit cruel to him right now. Otherwise, if he is the kind of person who acts for profit, or not without orders (seems the obedient type, but not the patient one), I cannot see why he would help. But if nothing comes of that visit, then we're back to square one, and I don't believe that Miura would waste space and time on filler episodes.

an okay episode, but i want more!

first thing that took my notice was Schierke looked at Isidro on page 5...maybe she's just being hopeful that they might have got a ship, or something else ;)

also, gutz is looking very tired, more than normal.

as for nobles, i don't trust any of them in this manga now...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Walter said:
Not even Foss, Raban and Owen?
Personally I still think Foss as untrustworthy. He simply will do whatever someone stronger, or more powerful than him tells him to. It just seemed like he was continually a puppet dispersed with a few moments of his own deceit.
Which leads me to think that if the Kushan captured him next he would simply switch over to help the Kushan. He seemed to have no spine.
The only respectable thing I can think of Foss doing was ensure that his daughter was safe. But, I suppose that was better than nothing.

D

darkbane

Walter said:
No more-so than the previous episodes.
Not even Foss, Raban and Owen?

As an aside, we know Foss is one of the good guys now, but trusting him is still a bad idea imho. He does not have a very reliable track record. ;D

Damn, HD got there ahead of me it seems. ^_^

Headless Death said:
Personally I still think Foss as untrustworthy. He simply will do whatever someone stronger, or more powerful than him tells him to. It just seemed like he was continually a puppet dispersed with a few moments of his own deceit.
Which leads me to think that if the Kushan captured him next he would simply switch over to help the Kushan. He seemed to have no spine.
The only respectable thing I can think of Foss doing was ensure that his daughter was safe. But, I suppose that was better than nothing.
More likely they'd hang him, considering he's one of the leaders of the internal resistance.

Top Bottom