*NEW!*PS2 Game video 4 - Guts vs Gurunberd; Giant on the battlefield.

Pepos

The Beast has just been unleashed!
*Dusts himself off*

Hey guys, it's been a while. Finally picked up the game after a month of dust collecting on my Berserk PS2 game.

This time our warrior against fate battles none other than the walking Giant, Gurunberd.

*NOTES ON GURUNBERD*
Strength and power anyone?! YES PLEASE!! His warhammer has death written all over it. His Cannon has carnage written all over it. Put these two together and Guts is bound for a fun filled day! ::). Fortunately, with great power comes great loss of speed and movement. Hence countering is made easy. Guts' other assorted weapons help to a point, but he just seems to stride right throw arrows and kunai, even the cannon doesnt knock him down. So The Dragonslayer is your best friend, and moving. Speed and dodging is your best way!!

*ADDITIONAL NOTES*
'Reversal!' in green letters: Guts made a reversal attack against Gurunberd
'Counter!' in green letters: Guts countered Gurunberds attack
'Counter' in red letters: Gurunberd countered Guts' attack
'Reversal' in red letters: Gurunberd made a reversal attack against Guts
Red screen: Guts in berserk mode
Brand symbol: Guts performs special move
Gurunberd glows red: Gurunberd performs special
Gurunberd flows blue: Gurunberd will counter an incoming attack

All battles were done on expert mode and Guts fully maxed out level wise.
Not playing for a month makes you kinda rusty heh :-\

VIDEO 1: Guts vs Demons
- took it off, needed space for other stuff, sorry.

VIDEO 2: Guts vs Gurunbred - First battle

First face off with Gurunbred, this battle is damn tough for Guts. It doesn't look pretty without his armour :-[

http://ggwoo.spymac.net/stuff/GutsvsGurunberd-Round 1.wmv

VIDEO 3: Guts vs Gurunbred - The battle revistited

With Guts fully equipped with the Berserker armour, its a showdown to the finish!!

http://ggwoo.spymac.net/stuff/GutsvsGurunberd-Round 2.wmv

Hopefully the host will last long enough for everyone to download the files.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: PS2 Game video - Guts vs Zodd; The battle

Very nice video Pepos, hope there are more to come! ;) I moved your thread in the Merchandise section since it relates to the Berserk PS2 game.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

thanks for sharing those... Now if you excuse me... I'm gonna go now and cry naked under the shower.   :'(

conan

Until next time...

Thank you very much...so glad you did this...

For folks like me, who don't have a PS2, this is like watching moving beauty!

Thanks again!

:eek: HOLLY SHHIIIIIT!!!!

I hadnt seen a trailer or anything from the PS2 game... This kicks so much ass...I tell you, it kicks ass so hard that... that... well... I dont know! all I know is:
IT KICKS MAYOR FUCKING ASS!

Thank you so much for that video... cant wait for the next one (I hope soon?)... Damn! Now Im gonna have to mod my PS2 and get the game...

Dammit! -_-
Why cant Sammy release it in the US? Fucking bastards... :'(

stifler

Idea of Evil, the heart of indecency

damn this is way too good, i think i might just order the game and play it on my friend's PS2.....

conan

Until next time...

finally got a chance to watch it...awesome...amazing...mind blowing....
too bad I don't have a PS2...course if I did, all I'd do is play this game...

please please PLEASE post more of these for download.

I NEED to see more of this game...

(actually, I don't need to, but I'd really like to! ;) )

Thanks again!

BiQ_

" ... "

Impressive. I have considerable troubles at getting the Counters to work, and avoiding Zodd's worse attacks is also a pain. I haven't gotten even this far yet against him...  :-\ Maybe it's just no-skill...

Anyways, how do you extract the video out of playstation to the computer? Me and my friend are thinking of making two-player gameplay videos of Gradius V (even though neither of us has even cleared it with 1 credit) and tips at capturing the PS2 video would be nice. Or directions where to find such information.

Pepos

Damn, it's telling me "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded". Guess I'm too late.

Never fear! Check my original post for the new link that's up by popular demand!(or rather only 2 gig a month free traffic :p)

conan

Until next time...

please upload more... :D

I'd love to see more...even if all it is is Guts fighting trolls and other demon spawn.

I love watching this game...

Also, am I correct that there is a part where Guts is shirtless/armorless?

I thought I saw him w/ only the straps over his chest and no armor...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

conan said:
Also, am I correct that there is a part where Guts is shirtless/armorless?

I thought I saw him w/ only the straps over his chest and no armor...

Remember that Slan destroyed his armor when he confronted her. He stays like that until he gets the Berserk's armor...

that was AWESOME. thanks man
If possible, do Apostle Zoddo as well, he's my fav character of all BERSERK

Pepos

Re: *NEW*PS2 Game video 2 - Guts vs 200 Trolls; The Slaughter

New Guts vs 200 Trolls vid up, check original post for details.

Laters.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

These are totally awesome. Almost an art-form in and of itself. Thanks so much for posting these vids, Pepos!

PS: I really like the intensity of the Zodd battle at the end. Will Guts survive?!

conan

Until next time...

Beauty...

Another one?!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Great to see these!!

Pepos said:
Damn, it's telling me "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded". Guess I'm too late.

Never fear! Check my original post for the new link that's up by popular demand!(or rather only 2 gig a month free traffic :p)

Got it working, thanks.

You were owning Zodd pretty early on, but later on he was doing pretty well (when his first power bar was down?).
It looks pretty cool but they clearly have some problems with enemy AI (facing, cancellation of combos). I want to see a Berserk mod for Prince of Persia 2, heh.

Pepos

You were owning Zodd pretty early on, but later on he was doing pretty well (when his first power bar was down?).
It looks pretty cool but they clearly have some problems with enemy AI (facing, cancellation of combos). I want to see a Berserk mod for Prince of Persia 2, heh.

Well the battle was choreographed to end close in that regard. One sided matches get a little boring.

As for the enemy AI, this is more an issue with hack and slash games itsself, I've played pop2 and the enemy AI is good, but once they start doing long combos, your character moves so quickly it appears they're attacking nothing.

In the Berserk ps2 case, Zodd has LONG combos, so he moves away often. And Zodd cant dash cancel like Guts, but dash canceling has it's disadvantages. The way to play Zodd is major major offense even though he dodges attacks brilliantly.

You might say, well that's the same for all.
WRONG

play Griffith with major offense and you die, or BARELY survive. Griffith is QUICKER than Zodd, what's more, he has a counter that once you hit him, you lose, end of story. And he can CANCEL it with his attacks anytime. He also has an amazing array of counters. Zodd's counters you can see comming because his swings are easy to adjust to. Griffith is quick like a fencer, you need damn good timing and reflexes.

If that's not bad enough, 'lock on' tactics like the crossbow tactic to breech distance safely is GONE with Griffith.

I'll put a Guts vs Griffith video up after my Guts vs Zodd(Apostle form) and perhaps some other boss or bonus vid.

Stay tuned for 'Guts vs Zodd -part 2; The Transformation' in the next 2-3 days. Later.

Pepos

Re: *UPDATE*PS2 Game video 3 - Guts vs Zodd; Zodd's Transformation

Update, new vid out. check original post for details.

Laters.

BiQ_

" ... "

Sweet Jesus!

...I really need to play more...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Pepos said:
Update, new vid out. check original post for details.

Laters.
Once again, keep up the good work, the vid was awesome! ;D

Top Bottom