Episode 251

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
TheSkyTraveller said:
Actually, looks like Caska's being the nuisance this time.  ;D  I don't know much Japanese, but I do know Schierke's saying "Hey! Caska-san!"

DemonX said:
This has Isidro written all over it, unless she meets up with Sonya again (which is doubtful). Looks like they are finally being paired up  ;).

Remember our talk about actually reading the thread before you post in it?

Griffith

Tell Me Why said:
I hope Miura doesn't die before he can finish BERSERK. I mean, judging by how long he takes to frickin' release these damn chapters all.

"...these damn chapters all" what?

Sounds like you better calm down, I'm sensing a lot of hostility, and it's affecting your ability to express yourself coherently. I take it by "long" you mean every other Friday with a break after every six chapters? Yes, I know, that's painfully slow, no sense of instant gratification at all, damn.

Just think of it this way, since you don't even have the time to download the new chapters, let alone read them, why should you let Miura's tortoise-like schedule bother you; it's a blessing in disguise. ;)

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Tell Me Why said:
I hope Miura doesn't die before he can finish BERSERK. I mean, judging by how long he takes to frickin' release these damn chapters all.

I don't really think it takes him that much longer than it would take any other manga artist.  It might just seem like that because we're seeing the progression episode by episode.

I hope it doesn't take him forever to finish it, but you have to give the guy some credit.  Drawing 20 pgs. every two weeks is not easy.  Plenty of manga artists get burnt out.  Series will go on hiatus indefinitely.  Inoue, for example, is taking a break from Vagabond for an indefinite amount of time.  I'm happy with Miura's occasional breaks as long as he doesn't get totally burnt out.  Give the man a break already!  ::)

Edit: Damn, Griff, looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time. Oooh, cryptic... (Cue Twilight Zone theme) =)

Griffith

TheSkyTraveller said:
Edit: Damn, Griff, looks like we were thinking the same thing at the same time.  Oooh, cryptic... (Cue Twilight Zone theme) =)

Creepier still, the Inoue example was the first thing I thought of for comparison to Miura's own work habits; not surprising since they win awards together. ;D

That and the fact that in two months it's no more new Vagabond, even in the states; I'va been spoiled on a volume a month. Considering it's the other of the two manga/comics I have any interest in following... well, I guess it's good for my focus on Berserk. =)

I bet he has people gather reference material for him, and there's probably some people who help with computer editing, but other then that, isn't he a one-man-army? In other words, doesn't he write, draw, and ink them all himself?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently in that episode, Magnifico would be the one to ask something to Farnese in the garden, in exchange for a boat.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Remember our talk about actually reading the thread before you post in it?

And people ask me why I don't let everybody post whatever they want here... Well, that's the reason (and the thread was only one page).

Tell Me Why said:

WHERES CHAPTAR??!? ???

TheSkyTraveller said:
I don't really think it takes him that much longer than it would take any other manga artist.  It might just seem like that because we're seeing the progression episode by episode.

Yeah, think of people that are pre-published in monthly released magazines, or better yet: bimestrial ones. Now that's long.

aufond said:
I bet he has people gather reference material for him, and there's probably some people who help with computer editing, but other then that, isn't he a one-man-army?  In other words, doesn't he write, draw, and ink them all himself?

He's got assistants like every other mangaka, and what they do isn't specified. He's got 3 as far as I can remember, and the team will be completely renewed in April (remember the information I gave a while ago about Miura searching for assistants). This actually worries some Japanese fans, senior assistants going and juniors taking their places.

BiQ_

" ... "
Aazealh said:
This actually worries some Japanese fans, senior assistants going and juniors taking their places.

I have been under the impression that Miura periodically swaps the senior members of his assistant team for new people every now and then. Making wild guesses, I would understand that this could be because he wants to keep things under his sole control, and understands that letting same people contribute too long to the same work causes (mostly unconscious) problems in keeping the absolute authority over the work.

If the team has been swapped earlier, I see no reason to worry why it would pose any greater risks now. Unless this is the first time the whole team is discarded at once...

puella

Berserk forever
Quick summary:

Farnese is taking a bath worrying about Casca. Putting her clothes on with the help of a maid, something occurs to her suddenly.
"...yeah, even without me..."
Realising her clothes and dagger aren't seen, she gets embarrassed.
Finally finding them all, she is relieved. The man looking at that talks to her.
"You don't change at all. Always unexpecatble, my sister!"
Magnifico and Farnese go out to the garden. He hears Farnese talking about her past and hardships.
"Don't be offended" he encourages his sister. He can't help blaming his father.
"Our faher thinks of his family member as only a gear of the enormous machine of Vandimion. He discards defective goods which he doesn't like without hesitation just like a stone in the street..."
Magnifico asks Farnese why she came here. She tells him that she is here to aks her father to give her a boat.
"Currently, there are plenty of boats in Vritannis but almost of them are for the battle.
So it is not that easy to get a boat for personal usage in this situation."
He finally tells her that he can manage to get a boat for her after thinking much.
"..but I myself also have something to ask you in order to do so,my sister."

When Schierke is preparing dinner in the inn, Serpico gets back holding something under his arm.
He says that he could get a boat. Ishidro asks him why Franese doesn't come back. He replies.
"Now, Miss Farnese won't come back here ."

!!

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Wow! Thanks Puella!!

Gah!  Agh!  Well hopefully at least it won't skip straight back to Griff's part of the story the episode after that.  I'll be ever so annoyed if he keeps us in suspense for months on this note.  I was hoping to see them set off before the focus shifts again.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yes, I know, that's painfully slow, no sense of instant gratification at all, damn.

Ahhh! I remember when I started reading the manga and few volumes were already out.... that was instant gratification. I think when newbies get 27 vol. to read together then waiting 2 weeks for a chapter WOULD seem long.

BiQ_

" ... "
puella said:
Quick summary:

WOAH!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you, puella...

Based on this information, I now have to wonder... Farnese is leaving the group?? This I so didn't see coming... or still don't see happening. Considering the amount of time that's been used to develop her character, giving her back-story, etc. it just seems like waste if she really fades away from story now. Even more so when Serpico is very likely to stay with her in the end, if she does stay at Vritannis.

I think that she is going to sneak in to the ship when the time of departure comes. Also, Schierke is not going to stay quiet about the vision of destruction Sonja gave her.

People starting to leave the group now would also cause interesting dilemma for Guts; since he has lately felt some kind of unity with these people, Farnese&Serpico taking their leave would hurt Guts at this point, both in practical (taking care of Caska is hard, especially when she still is scared of him) and emotional (feelings of betrayal) sense. Yet he really has no grounds to complain about it, since he has himself done this very same thing in the past.

Anyways, too much time and energy has now gone to Farnese&Serpico to dump them altogether from the story; even if they part ways now, it's sure that they will remain in the story.

MaN said:
Ahhh! I remember when I started reading the manga and few volumes were already out.... that was instant gratification.

Yeah, like reading 20+ volumes in one sitting... now that's instant gratification!  :p

D

darkbane

BiQ-- said:
Based on this information, I now have to wonder... Farnese is leaving the group??
I can't see Shierke abandoning Farnese to the imminent destruction. Shierke will tell Guts about Sonja's vision, and implore him to rescue Farnese. Guts and co break into the household to "abduct" her, then escape towards the docks. ^_^

I think it's kinda weird we saw Azan in 248 and 249, and to not see him again. Perhaps he'll play a role in bringing farnese back. I guess I just don't want to see his demise in the destruction of the city.... :'(

yota821 said:
I think it's kinda weird we saw Azan in 248 and 249, and to not see him again.  Perhaps he'll play a role in bringing farnese back.  I guess I just don't want to see his demise in the destruction of the city.... :'(

Yeah I was expecting that there will be some sort of the contact between Guts band and him but he was completely dropped. At first I thought that Miura wants the story to start rolling again... yayyy!!... but then  character building i.e. exploring Farnese's history isn't exactly that either... I guess its just his style to pick and drop characters on a dime and to some extent he has to do it since he is writing such a comprehensive plot with uber number of characters. The sheperd has to tend after all his sheep...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just because Azan has left the focus doesn't mean he won't be back... As much as I like Azan as a character, I'm more interested in the Vandemion side-story right now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bakou said:
its loli!

There's actual naked shots of Schierke's butt. :eek: Anyway, Isidro is as bothering to the girls as ever, and things don't seem to actually go very well without Farnese...

BiQ-- said:
I have been under the impression that Miura periodically swaps the senior members of his assistant team for new people every now and then.

There are some changes, but Takashi Uchida (assistant) and Akira Shimada (editor) have been there at least since volume 7... Quite some time, if you ask me.

BiQ-- said:
Making wild guesses, I would understand that this could be because he wants to keep things under his sole control

Well, he's pretty much involved in his work, and he does most of it, from what I could get of the situation.

BiQ-- said:
If the team has been swapped earlier, I see no reason to worry why it would pose any greater risks now.

Then again, keep in mind that the same people worried that he might had a lethal cancer during the last break, so... ^^;

BiQ-- said:
Anyways, too much time and energy has now gone to Farnese&Serpico to dump them altogether from the story; even if they part ways now, it's sure that they will remain in the story.

I don't think her friends will let her stay behind. And she wouldn't endure it for a very long time herself, IMHO. Anyway, note that Serpico changed clothes after Magnifico's talk with Farnese, and that his feather sword is among the package he came back with under the arm. Makes me think he intends to stay with her.

yota821 said:
I think it's kinda weird we saw Azan in 248 and 249, and to not see him again.

His time will come. We've been waiting for long to see him, so I guess we can wait a little more.

puella

Berserk forever
Good episode as always.
I doubt that Farnese will really leave Guts' band.
Magnifico doesn't seem to be a good minded guy to me. Maybe Farnese will get into some trouble? So Guts and Co. should go save her?

*Anyway, why every main female character gets to show her naked body to Guts? Casca,Farnese and even the little girl Schierke.It's some kind of course? ;D

Code:
Serpico gets back holding something under his arm.

in the package are the weapons from Farnese and Serpico.
(you see the windmaker?(weapon from Serpico))

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Andi said:
in the package are the weapons from Farnese and Serpico.
(you see the windmaker?(weapon from Serpico))

I said that already. Also, there's not just weapons, probably Farnese' silvermail and Serpico's wind cloak too. Serpico's feather sword isn't labeled the windmaker as far as I know, by the way.

Top Bottom