Episode 251

Ahh time for speculation...

What could have Magnifico have told Farnese that caused her to stay... Magnifico does seem creepy and he did say that he wanted a favor as well... but seeing as desperate he is for some recognition from their father, an indecent favor like some have suggested, seems less probable.

but what might be more interesting in the long run is to find out why Farnese was called the Devil Child. I think if Miura does not hold off on telling Farnese's story then we will find out why in the next couple of chapters. May be Farnese is the spawn of an apostle... umm Is that even possible 
???

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
MaN said:
but what might be more interesting in the long run is to find out why Farnese was called the Devil Child. I think if Miura does not hold off on telling Farnese's story then we will find out why in the next couple of chapters. May be Farnese is the spawn of an apostle... umm Is that even possible???

Miura has told us about some of Farnese's past before. She was a very disturbed little kid and burned down their mansion. For more info read Vol. 22 episodes 187-188.

Rhombaad said:
Miura has told us about some of Farnese's past before.  She was a very disturbed little kid and burned down their mansion.  For more info read Vol. 22 episodes 187-188.

I'll read again but I don't remember her being called a Devil child specifically before. Just that she was "dancing in the forest like she was possessed" or something when serpico was describing her. If thats the reference then I guess we already know....  :-\

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
why is Miura getting rid of his crew if some of them have been with him that long? Unless they are leaving of their own will...

Maybe they're not planning on being assistants all their life...

"Griffith No More!" said:
Anyway, Farnese probably ordered Serpico to leave her and go with Guts' family, don't know how long that would last.

Don't know about that, he did have his cloak and feather sword in the pack under his arm, while he hadn't changed clothes until after the talk between Farnese and Magnifico...

MaN said:
I'll read again but I don't remember her being called a Devil child specifically before.

Then read again indeed, her father did call her like that. It would be nice of you to do that before posting next time, too.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Aazealh said:
Maybe they're not planning on being assistants all their life...

That's what I figured. But the way it was phrased, it sounded to me like he was laying them off. *shrug* It would make sense if they wanted to move on, depending on what they currently do... For example, if they were doing minor stuff on the art, they would probably want to maybe make their own manga? Didn't Miura himself do the same once? But a job like editor... I guess if they wanted to edit something else.... it's just they wouldn't want to all go at once unless there's some friction or whatnot. *shrug*

And about the "devil child" bit I thought this was going to be of people reading bad "band off t3h h4\/\/k5" translation or something but I checked and the bit was written similarly. *checks again* Holy shit! They stole the translation! No wonder you guys hate them so much.... Anyways, both have the father saying "That girl is a devil. Take her off my hands." I don't own the Japanese version of the manga yet so... I can't use nifty expensive electronic dictionary I bought on impulse a while ago on it...

Well, she might have been a devil child, but at least she isn't a mad dog. ;D

edit: Oh and thanks for the ep. guys. Its make this crappy half of the week worth it. I hate being sick. X_X
edit2: And why were 177 and 178 put on the end of the book instead of the beginning? It just fit better that way? Or it just flowed better...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Thank you Aazealh for the episode, and thank you Puella for the summary.

The "Favor" really intrigues me. What was the Favor?
Why must Farnese not return?
For what reason would Serpico leave Farnese behind so easily?(it just seems normally he would always remain at her side.)
Is her staying behind a ploy in a well elaberated plan by her brother?

All I can say is that this episode seems to be bringing up many questions, that will have to wait for their answers until next time.
Same Guts place
Same Guts time
Same Guts channel.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Akin said:
Well, she might have been a devil child, but at least she isn't a mad dog. ;D

You do understand that this is just an expression, right? Please no more spawn of apostle stuff.

Akin said:
And why were 177 and 178 put on the end of the book instead of the beginning? It just fit better that way? Or it just flowed better...

Because it was released in that order in Young Animal, and that then Miura decided the side story would fit better at the end of the volume.

Headless Death said:
For what reason would Serpico leave Farnese behind so easily?(it just seems normally he would always remain at her side.)

Did you read what I've been saying? From what we see in the last panel, he brought the clothes he got from Schierke back, meaning he's probably planning to come back to her after delivering the message to Guts and co.

Akin

MOOO!!!
Aazealh said:
You do understand that this is just an expression, right? Please no more spawn of apostle stuff.

Because it was released in that order in Young Animal, and that then Miura decided the side story would fit better at the end of the volume.
1. When did I say that?... I meant it figuratively on Farnese's side (I was also joking)... Guts however, well the beast freaking is the personification of this "mad dog" that people used to tell him he was.
2. Makes sense.
3. I like the spellcheck feature.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Headless Death said:
Thank you Aazealh for the episode, and thank you Puella for the summary.

The "Favor" really intrigues me. What was the Favor?
Why must Farnese not return?
The two things are related I think: Farnese cannot return until she had done Magnifico "his favor"
Unless she ordered him to do so (remember that she was worried about Casca)
Is her staying behind a ploy in a well elaberated plan by her brother?
I think so too

Aazealh said:
Did you read what I've been saying? From what we see in the last panel, he brought the clothes he got from Schierke back, meaning he's probably planning to come back to her after delivering the message to Guts and co.
Or maybe because he would need them again in the future and he will if he remains with the group ( He had no reason to return them - They were his own- the weapons were from Flora, but they were a gift)

Thank you Puella and Aazealh

D

darkbane

roberto999 said:
Or maybe because he would need them again in the future and he will if he remains with the group ( He had no reason to return them - They were his own- the weapons were from Flora, but they were a gift)
Serpico wouldn't leave Farnese behind. He's like her personal slave toy :-X. J/k but he does know of their blood bond and he's quite attached to her, I doubt he would leave her. But this is all superfluous anyway because Guts and co will come rescue her in the next episode. ;D

Akin

MOOO!!!
Herald of Yama said:
Upon a closer examination, I discovered Isidro got a faceful of Casca in this episode. :eek:

I kinda noticed that the first time through, but I wasn't sure, and forgot to ask.... funny, eh?

And I have this strange desire to see Guts stroll into the masion in his filthy, bloody black armor and ask, "Hey, you, where's Farnese?"

It's been a while since he stormed a castle. ;D

Heh, yeah, that would be nice... not sure if it's going to happen though... right now.. guts is in such bad shape, I really don't want him... moving... at all... except he's going to have to... no way he's going to go to the ship in a stretcher...

roberto999 said:
Farnese cannot return until she had done Magnifico "his favor"

.... That came out wrong. :eek:

so... Does anybody have any ideas about 252 other than "Guts goes up there and beats the crap out of Magnifico"? .... of course the story could always jump to somebody else... but then again, this isn't megatokyo... Honestly, I'm used to reading at least a few eps. at a time... so I'm not sure if the story would do that.

D

darkbane

Akin said:
Heh, yeah, that would be nice... not sure if it's going to happen though... right now.. guts is in such bad shape, I really don't want him... moving... at all... except he's going to have to... no way he's going to go to the ship in a stretcher...
He may not be in shape to fight apostles, but he could still take on the whole damn garrison of Vritannis. Strolling into the mansion terminator-like shouldn't be a problem. ;D

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Hmm, I get the feeling Guts isn't just going to storm the mansion. I find it more likely that he will go to convince her to rejoin the group. Sure, a few guards might need medical attention afterwords, but more for treating concussions than gaping wounds.

And I do find myself wondering if Guts will come across any of the former Hawks who split the group after Griffith's imprisonment.

D

darkbane

Woland said:
Hmm, I get the feeling Guts isn't just going to storm the mansion. I find it more likely that he will go to convince her to rejoin the group. Sure, a few guards might need medical attention afterwords, but more for treating concussions than gaping wounds.
;D
Woland said:
And I do find myself wondering if Guts will come across any of the former Hawks who split the group after Griffith's imprisonment.
Those are cowards, you don't want those around anyway. Either way that subgroup does not include anyone whose face we know, so it's not likely.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
darkbane said:
;DThose are cowards, you don't want those around anyway. Either way that subgroup does not include anyone whose face we know, so it's not likely.
Just like Guts was, you mean ?^^
Btw, as for next eps, I don't think we're gonna see the Beast doing its tornado in no garden. On the contrary, wouldn't it be interesting to see Guts putting on his Hawk-noble jacket, getting Casca a dress and so on, as for being considered respectfully by Vandimions?

As a side note, Azan could also kick Farnese's father ass, since he already did for Charlotte's......

S

Some Guy

Judging by Manifico's rantings, It looks like Manifico may be ploting a coup or something to bring his father down from power. And since Farnase and her companions can't get a ship from anyone else, she agrees.

Azan may return soon, though he seems kind of useless right now and prabably won't be involved in the story for a while. I don't think Guts will leave Farnase and will most likely attempt find out what's really going on. Again, I don't expect to see much action in the upcoming episodes other than , perhaps, what Manifico has up his sleeve.

I am very interested in what is going to happen next.

Some Guy said:
Azan may return soon, though he seems kind of useless right now and prabably won't be involved in the story for a while. 

Well, I don't think that 'USELESS' is the word to use >:(.  He is certainly has the strength and ability to be great ally as he has shown to be in the past. I think that he will on the ship with Guts when it sails whenever that might be as far as episodes are concerned... How he gets there is for Miura to tell us

D

darkbane

*Gyom* said:
Just like Guts was, you mean ?^^
Guts split before Griffith got into trouble, and didn't know a thing about it until afterwards. It's completely different.

BigFire

King King King Gainer
MaN said:
Ahh time for speculation...

What could have Magnifico have told Farnese that caused her to stay... Magnifico does seem creepy and he did say that he wanted a favor as well... but seeing as desperate he is for some recognition from their father, an indecent favor like some have suggested, seems less probable.

but what might be more interesting in the long run is to find out why Farnese was called the Devil Child. I think if Miura does not hold off on telling Farnese's story then we will find out why in the next couple of chapters. May be Farnese is the spawn of an apostle... umm Is that even possible
???

The only thing that pop into my mind is arrange marriage. Think about it, with arrange marriage, Farness's brother can unite their house with another, thus gaining their father's favor. This also effectively takes Farness out of Guts' group. That's the price he'll need to get what she need. However, I get a feeling that Guts group won't simply let her go to this fate quietly.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Are you saying that Magnifico is going ot try to get married to Farnese?  :eek:

I think he means he's going to try and marry her off to another prominant family, but I like your idea better. C'mon, it was the olden days. ;D

BiQ_

" ... "
I think he means he's going to try and marry her off to another prominant family, but I like your idea better. C'mon, it was the olden days. ;D

It would also make Serpico curse the day he was born, or the day he turned down the eloping proposal. :p Or not.

Seriously speaking, Farnese is not so much of "hot property" on the marriage market right now, since the rumours of all she has done in the past (burning down the house, the whole Tower of Conviction business, etc.) are still around. In this regard, Manifico's chances to get the arranged marriage actually arranged seem slim, and are probably going to require some sacrifices to the other House's direction too.

Unless the Vendemion house is so influential that such things are irrelevant (other houses being very eager to marry theirs). And then the possible merits from "accomplishing" the marriage arrangement diminish some, which then begs the question why would Manifico even bother?

D

darkbane

BiQ-- said:
Unless the Vandimion house is so influential that such things are irrelevant (other houses being very eager to marry theirs). And then the possible merits from "accomplishing" the marriage arrangement diminish some, which then begs the question why would Magnifico even bother?
I think this is the case. From previous episodes we know that Vandimion are the big kids on the block in the capital. IIRC they were also providing most of the food donations. And somewhere there was a line about popes and rulers and whatnot emerging from that family. Think of them as the Medici of Berserk.

If Magnifico is trying this path, then that would mean he is trying to please his father by accomplishing something by himself as opposed to on father's orders. But judging from his speech in 251, he's not in his best parent-appeasing mood right now. And since he's painted Farnese as a victim, it would seem strange to go ahead and sacrifice her.

Maybe he wants to use her Demon Child reputation to his advantage. After all, another burned mansion or two is no big deal for Farnese, right? And then Magnifico could valiantly save his Father, maybe even putting him at Magnifico's mercy. Or let him die, and take over the throne. (But there are two more brothers to deal with).

Top Bottom