The Fellowship is Dissolved?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I've noticed that the speculation has leaned heavily toward Farnese either being rescued from the Vendemion Estate by Guts, or escaping by herself somehow and rejoining the group. nother possibility presented itself to me this afternoon; what if she doesn't rejoin them?

I expect Serpico would stay with Farne-chan(his devotion is to her, not Guts and his quest.) Schierke would be as unwilling to leave them behind as Guts would. A direct assault would be out of the question for Guts in his current state of health, so he'll have to depend on Isidro and Serpico to work out some plan to get Farnese out of Vritannis safely while he, Schierke, and the Elves board the ship. The plan originally is that the other three will join them on board the ship, but due to some accident, they don't make it in time, and the ship leaves without them. This would allow for the story to jump either to Griffith, Serpico's group, or Guts' group.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the matter is about her escaping, it's not like Magnifico or 2/3 random guards would pose a problem to Serpico if it came down to that. Farnese agreed to do something for Magnifico, and decided to stay in exchange of a ship for her friends. It's a deal, I don't think that she is forcefully confined.

They'll have to convince her that she's useful to them, or will be, or whatever, and keep the boat like bastards, or maybe with the oncoming attack on Vritannis her deal with her brother will become void, and she'll sail away with them.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Got to find a ship first.
Saiki said:
Serpico - A ship, has been readied

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Yup... thats what I get for not paying attention... :'(

Edit: Well I kinda have a different theory... I think she will rejoin the group but not by normal means... I believe during this time Griffith and Co will come to this place and cause an uproar. I also believe that an opposing force will be there to meet them, so ultimately, I think a battle will ensue and she will escape a midst the chaos.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I don't see Farnese sitting by and watching Guts and Co. leave on the ship without her, not just because she wants to go with them, but because it looks like she doesn't really feel comfortable and/or wanted back at home. She has this 'deer in the headlights' look as if she's become foreign to the world she grew up in and though she agreed to do some sort of 'favor' for Manifico, I picture her backing out on it, leave with Serpico and catching the ship Guts is on before they leave harbor. Besides, it would give Guts another army, enemy, person on the long laundry list of people after him. Wouldn't it seem to scandalous if the Blackswordsman "kidnapped" Farnese and her loyal servant Serpico. :eek:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miyu said:
Wouldn't it seem to scandalous if the Blackswordsman "kidnapped" Farnese and her loyal servant Serpico. :eek:

But they're already dead, remember. ;) And depending on the official version of the events, it might as well have been done by the Black Swordsman himself.

^^When you mean 'they', are you talking about Farnese and Serpico? ??? Just a little confused.

And as for the official version of events, didn't Farnese's father say that he heard talk that the holy iron chain knights were destroyed by the Kushan invasion? I was thinking since it was coming from Vandeminion's mouth that it was the 'official' version of events, but I guess I could be wrong...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
^^When you mean 'they', are you talking about Farnese and Serpico? ??? Just a little confused.

Yeah, they're supposed to be dead with the rest of the H.I.C.K., that's what Farnese's father believed before she showed up. So it'd be hard to claim they've been kidnapped.

yota821 said:
And as for the official version of events, didn't Farnese's father say that he heard talk that the holy iron chain knights were destroyed by the Kushan invasion?

Yup, just said so referring to what Miyu said about the Black Swordsman, since the H.I.C.K. were after him for a while. I don't think Azan reported their death as just being the result of an attack by Kushans though, and seeing that they mistook the Black Swordsman for the Falcon of Darkness at some point, who knows what the Holy See might really think.

Farnese is just getting useful in the story as a magic user student, I don't think she will be leaving the crew indefinitely.
Besides Serpico came back to the group... I guess it could be just to let the others know the situation then return but I have faith they will stay longer.

Aazealh said:
who knows what the Holy See might really think.
Indeed. You never know what religious nitwits might come up with. Azan probably told them about what had happened at Albion, making them brand him a heretic for some braindead religious reason, prompting him to flee and hide as fast as he could.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As I've already expressed, I doubt Farnese will be staying behind with all the shit that's supposed to be going down in Vritannis. For all we know, there could still be 20 chapters left in the big city (I doubt it, considering the pace at which the story has been moving, but...), Miura has set up a rather large groundwork for a climax in the city with all the different subplots he's already introduced. And once he gets his characters in action I think he'll keep that way for a while (remember how the troll attack led to the Qliphoth and then to Flora's etc. etc.). Things I want/expect to see in no particular order.

A ship vs ship sea battle. =)

Griffith and the Hawks

Guts transforming, killing the shit out of everything/getting royally fucked up leading to a coma and putting him close to death for the rest of the trip.

Guts entire family escaping on a ship, plus one Azan

Ahh, what the hell, and Skull Knight should show up and fight too, Flora's House Reunion! =)

Plus all the cool, unexpected Miura surprises he puts in every box​

Anyway, that's thinking big, I guess I really only expect them to leave on a ship... the Skully Boat.

Khorne said:
Indeed. You never know what religious nitwits might come up with. Azan probably told them about what had happened at Albion, making them brand him a heretic for some braindead religious reason, prompting him to flee and hide as fast as he could.

Didn't you ever go to Sunday School? :)

Top Bottom