Shopro + naruto= uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
buy? what is this buy? I don't buy anime series that come in the hundreds of episodes...
ohwell, people say they're still gonna sub it...
and given the recent turn in the manga, I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if the anime did a break like Dragonball Z and Shopro only got the first part.

Aazealh said:
Shouldn't you be happy? Soon you can purchase many DVDs of your beloved Naruto series.
Happy, happy, i am ever thing but happy. This will ruin Naruto. People will look at naruto in horror, kids in my school will talk about it. It will fall in the foot steps of one piece. Thay might have it on cartoon network!!!??? >:(  Richard Cox will ruin, uh lets say kakashi like he did inu-yasha.

Only chance for happyness is to sing a song from naruto. OHYAOHYAOHYA
Ps.anyone know how to make anime mouse over sigs. it will really help.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Quincy_Archer_Hates_You said:
Happy, happy, i am ever thing but happy. This will ruin Naruto. People will look at naruto in horror, kids in my school will talk about it. It will fall in the foot steps of one piece. Thay might have it on cartoon network!!!??? >:(  Richard Cox will ruin, uh lets say kakashi like he did inu-yasha.

I hear ya pal, but for One Piece... www.kaizoku-fanusbs.com ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I hear ya pal, but for One Piece...  www.kaizoku-fanusbs.com  ;D
[quincy]Yes, once again there are no traitors among us. All of us hate U.S. anime companys.
[SaiyajinNoOuji]excellent, captain.
*quincy looks at Majin Tenshi's Post*
[Quincy]No! Dont look, Sgt.Ouji. Reality is brutish and ugly!! It can Only pollute our hearts!!
[SaiyajinNoOuji] Yes, Sir captain Kid_berserk
[Quincy]We'll never let you hang out with us again Majin Tenshi! Right Aazealh.
[Aazealh] Hmm...
[Quincy] what
*Aazealh points at his post*
[SaiyajinNoOuji](with Kid_berserk)AAAGH!!!!
[Quincy]S-S-Stay from us!! YOU're possesed by spirits of U.S. anime companys. DECEIVERS!!!
*Quincy runs away from Majin Tenshi and Aazealh, followed by SaiyajinNoOuji*
[Quincy] i'll never hang out with you guys AGAIN!!!! EVER!
-Bleach Vol.5 reacted
Kid_berserk= Asano
SaiyajinNoOuji= kojima
Aazealh=Chad yasutora
Majin Tenshi=Ichigo kurosaki
(srry Majin Tenshi for not having any talk in the Play. But you are a soul reaper, so chin up)

incognitoX

you fail me
What did you expect?

It was bound to become a series that would get licensced and add a load of new fanboys to the already huge fanbase of this show.

You shouldnt really be shocked.

SaiyajinNoOuji

[quincy]Yes, once again there are no traitors among us. All of us hate U.S. anime companys.
[SaiyajinNoOuji]excellent, captain.
*quincy looks at Majin Tenshi's Post*
[Quincy]No! Dont look, Sgt.Ouji. Reality is brutish and ugly!! It can Only pollute our hearts!!
[SaiyajinNoOuji] Yes, Sir captain Kid_berserk
[Quincy]We'll never let you hang out with us again Majin Tenshi! Right Aazealh.
[Aazealh] Hmm...
[Quincy]  what
*Aazealh points at his post*
[SaiyajinNoOuji](with Kid_berserk)AAAGH!!!!
[Quincy]S-S-Stay from us!! YOU're possesed by spirits of U.S. anime companys. DECEIVERS!!!
*Quincy runs away from Majin Tenshi and Aazealh, followed by SaiyajinNoOuji*
[Quincy] i'll never hang out with you guys AGAIN!!!! EVER!
-Bleach Vol.5 reacted
Kid_berserk= Asano
SaiyajinNoOuji= kojima
Aazealh=Chad yasutora
Majin Tenshi=Ichigo kurosaki
(srry Majin Tenshi for not having any talk in the Play. But you are a soul reaper, so chin up)
I hurt but I dont know why ???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
All of us hate U.S. anime companys.

In English, the plural of "company" is "companies".

incognitoX said:
It was bound to become a series that would get licensced and add a load of new fanboys to the already huge fanbase of this show.

Oh no! :'(

The Naruto fanbase will be devastated by idiots and young kids now! But, wait, aren't they all idiots and kids already?!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I hurt but I dont know why  ???

I wish I could answer, yet I cannot word it.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Anyone remember when anime was like that whisper of a word? about 95% of the world didnt even know what the hell it was... ahhh I long for the good ol days :'(

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyone remember when anime was like that whisper of a word? about 95% of the world didnt even know what the hell it was... ahhh I long for the good ol days  :'(
I think that was back then when Marvel make "akira" in English in little comics, that came out befor the Japanese manga did. Alot of people didnt like akira like that because of all the speed lines and kei, witch people thought was a man because "if she a girl in a comic she needs to at less have a C-cup" Idiots. Anyway i like that time too but when only [some] people on the internet knew what inu-yasha was. Now two kids in my class do. Now thats bad.Adult swim anime should start at 12:00
I am sorry, but there so much info in my mind i just have to shout it out some times

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
I think that was back then when Marvel make "akira" in English in little comics, that came out befor the Japanese manga did. Alot of people didnt like akira like that because of all the speed lines and kei, witch people thought was a man because "if she a girl in a comic she needs to at less have a C-cup" Idiots. Anyway i like that time too but when only [some] people on the internet knew what inu-yasha was. Now two kids in my class do. Now thats bad.
I am sorry, but there so much info in my mind i just have to shout it out some times

OH NOES!!! My little subculture is getting popular! That means I'm no longer unique!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyone remember when anime was like that whisper of a word? about 95% of the world didnt even know what the hell it was... ahhh I long for the good ol days  :'(
Here in Finland, 95% STILL don't know what it is. What a barbaric country......

Woland said:
OH NOES!!! My little subculture is getting popular!  That means I'm no longer unique!
Yup i am no longer unique, so i guest i am joining you 8).
Anyway Naruto will be on cartoon network. looks like there will be no more fansubs, guest we will have to buy Dvds
Edit: Anime suki has not took naruto off the list because they say Shopro is a middle man. you know what that means, get alot of bandwith and
sing a song from naruto.
sou shizuka na kuuki suikomi
hiroki sora ni kao age tobikomi
toki ni ame ga futtara hito yasumi
jaa yukusaki wa kaze fuku mama ni

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Yup i am no longer unique, so i guest i am joining you 8).
Anyway Naruto will be on cartoon network. looks like there will be no more fansubs, guest we will have to buy Dvds
Edit: Anime suki has not took naruto off the list because they say Shopro is a middle man. you know what that means, get alot of bandwith

I don't get it.  If you like Naruto so much, why don't you want to put some money in the pockets of the people who made it?  If you don't like the US release, import the Japanese DVDs.

TheSkyTraveller said:
I don't get it.  If you like Naruto so much, why don't you want to put some money in the pockets of the people who made it?  If you don't like the US release, import the Japanese DVDs.
But thats a problem, with buying R2's, i dont know if the dvd i buy is a bootleg or not. I bought a "Naruto box set 1-76" but the subtitles are crappy. the name are misspelled, and the quality of the subtitles and video keeps changing in each episode, like they downloaded fansubs from different places. One time neij said "what the#" they offen misspell and have things cut out like "i am the 2nd exmnter" (sorry for the misspell) in the video you hear "anko mijo" (aother mis spell) but it dosnt apper (misspell >:( ) in the subtitles. I rather download fansubs, because the only thing i waist is bandwith  ;)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
But thats a problem, i dont know if the dvd i buy is a bootleg or not. I bought a "Naruto box set 1-76" but the subtitles are crappy.

Hahaha, are you serious? You're wondering if your $20 Naruto box-set featuring episode 01 to 76 is a HK bootleg or not? ::)

I rather download fansubs, because the only thing i waist is bandwith  ;)

So you're a cheapskate, basically. ;)

SaiyajinNoOuji

Well in his defense Aaz... American dubs in most cases are fucking horrible... and the censorship... holy dog shit.

The horror stories I have heard about One Piece and its 4Kids licence... They basically changed all the main things about it. It may as well not even be the same fucking story. (perhaps an exaggeration but its that bad). I don't know how it is in other countries with censorship but I'm sure its not as bad as America. Besides fansubs are the shit for somethings ;D You know you've done it to... :-*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well in his defense Aaz... American dubs in most cases are fucking horrible... and the censorship... holy dog shit.

Yeah I know that, what bugs me is just the general feeling of "I don't want to pay for it :'(".

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I don't know how it is in other countries with censorship but I'm sure its not as bad as America.

Well, we've got correct series titles here at least :p (thinking of "Battle Angel Alita" and BotI), and there's no censorship at all, or if there is I've never heard of it. They do change some characters' names and other things though... Let's just say it's getting better these days, I'm not very informed on these matters though.

Since the thread won't suffer from any kind of "offtopicness" at this point, would you mind giving me some examples of the censorship you guys get?

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Besides fansubs are the shit for somethings  You know you've done it to...  :-*

Never! I'm of the purest white! ;D

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
For me: The feeling of "I don't want to pay for it," is more like "I've already payed for it when I could have just waited a year or two and seen on T.V." u_u Aw well.. They probably won't get as far as what I've bought for atleast 2 or 3 years anyhow.

Naruto = the next DBZ.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Since the thread won't suffer from any kind of "offtopicness" at this point, would you mind giving me some examples of the censorship you guys get?

Never! I'm of the purest white! ;D
I will use the horror of one piece...

Some of the charactors like Sanji smoke... They have changed his cig's to lollipops... They censor all blood and "bad things" that happen in the series... Some of the people at the other forums that I venture to are curious how are they going to handle some of the other Arc's especially when they deal with some chars like.. Captain Smoker who has limitless amounts of cigars... Don Krieg who has guns out the ass and uses bio chemical warefare on Luffy and his crew... and the list goes on on...

Another thing is the voice dubs... they try to give them accents but it just doesn't work out... They give Luffy the Tom Sawyer voice... which is a good attempt and i can see how it would fit but no... it just doesn't work.

Another series is DBZ.... this was heavily edited which was first owned by those bastard Canadians "The Sabin" network... they edited anime child butt :-\ Kinda lame, but they changed words... from "dying" to THE NEXT DIMENSION!!!!111 It did get better after they switched licences to Funimation... so I am hoping that 4Kid's drops it after they realize that there editing practices are going to be extremely difficult later on in the series without changing the series.. There is an Arc in One Piece that has a huge.... OMG.... WAAAAR! people dying everywhere!

But yea Aaz... it can get bad, but there is always the hope that they release DVD's with the Japanese dialog with subs. Here is to hoping for the best! ;D

Two groups have said that they plan to continue fansubbing Naruto so as long Naruto is fansub I could care less what ShoPro/Viz does with Naruto.

sigh Naruto gets lincense but HunterXHunter doesn't I really want to see that series I've heard it's good it's by the guy who did Yu Yu Hashuko.

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
HunterXHunter is an alright series, not as good as Yu Yu Hakusho.. If you have a japanese supermarket near by they may have it.. That's where I got some of the series. I go to Mitsuwa so check and see if there's on near you: www.mitsuwa.com

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, are you serious? You're wondering if your $20 Naruto box-set featuring episode 01 to 76 is a HK bootleg or not? ::)
I paid $54.00 for the R2. Also Its not a bootleg if the japanese made it. ;D
Aazealh said:
So you're a cheapskate, basically. ;)
Yup, and i love it.
Bubbles Float High said:
Naruto = the next DBZ.
Wrong, Naruto is nothing like Dbz, and it might be on As

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom