Shopro + naruto= uh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vic Viper said:
Naruto is nothing like Dbz, and it might be on As

He meant in terms in popularity that it will be as popular as DBZ.

I'm not sure what you mean by As but if you meant AS for Adult Swim then no it's already been announce that it's going to be shown on Toonami... just like DBZ was.

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
ZODDGUTSU said:
He meant in terms in popularity that it will be as popular as DBZ.

Right but..
Female.gif
Female.gif
Female.gif
Female.gif
:p

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vic Viper said:
Is that all you got, you bore me. If all the Sk.net members were light bulbs, you would be a dud.
Im going to agree with Vic about you Woland Mr. Oh noes your gay little anime subculture is gone now but I try to 133t cause I read a japanese manga that not many americans know about.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Im going to agree with Vic about you Woland Mr. Oh noes your gay little anime subculture is gone now but I try to 133t cause I read a japanese manga that not many americans know about.

Oh come now, Vic Viper/QAHY was complaining because two other people learned about Inuyasha. Seriously, how does more people getting interested in something make it less enjoyable for you? What changes besides the number of fans? It's not like licenses and localization put that big a dent in the fansubbing groups.

And to say that Naruto is nothing like DBZ is stretching the truth a bit. They both have a basic shonen template of good-hearted, kinda dumb hero training to get stronger to face stronger and stronger enemies. And IIRC didn't Kishimoto claimed that Dragonball was a major inspiration?

Which isn't to say that they're cookie-cutter copies, but there are definate similarities.

And CN seems to feel shonen fits best in their toonami block. Why would they give up the lucrative kids market for a hit like Naruto? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Naruto toys in a kids meal or something similar in a year or so.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Would someone mind stopping the Naruto fanboyism? Whining because a series get licensed is lame, and the reasons invoked were worse. I don't really see the problem with what Woland said.

As for the censorship on One Piece Saiya, yeah it looks bad indeed, and I wonder what they'll do when they get to the late arcs of the series.

Woland said:
And to say that Naruto is nothing like DBZ is stretching the truth a bit.

Yes.

Woland said:
And IIRC didn't Kishimoto claimed that Dragonball was a major inspiration?

Yes.

Woland said:
Oh come now, Vic Viper/QAHY was complaining because two other people learned about Inuyasha. Seriously, how does more people getting interested in something make it less enjoyable for you? What changes besides the number of fans? It's not like licenses and localization put that big a dent in the fansubbing groups.

And to say that Naruto is nothing like DBZ is stretching the truth a bit. They both have a basic shonen template of good-hearted, kinda dumb hero training to get stronger to face stronger and stronger enemies. And IIRC didn't Kishimoto claimed that Dragonball was a major inspiration?

Which isn't to say that they're cookie-cutter copies, but there are definate similarities.

And CN seems to feel shonen fits best in their toonami block. Why would they give up the lucrative kids market for a hit like Naruto? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Naruto toys in a kids meal or something similar in a year or so.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Anyone remember when anime was like that whisper of a word? about 95% of the world didnt even know what the hell it was... ahhh I long for the good ol days :'(

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3880.25
Yeah, I liked it better when the Berserk "American/European" community was just 50 people... (It means without you)]

so woland in other words

Olivier_Hague said:
Fuck you.
I thoght i never say this but, i kind of miss Malf, because Woland, your bad at taking his place.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Any actual argument you'd like to present? If not, then I'll take my leave. Feel free to keep hurling other people's posts at me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom