Vol.10- What does Griffith say to Charlotte in the Dungeon?

Hi,
Griffith mouths something to Charlotte when she and the Hawks come to his rescue. After Charlotte's poisoned by a dart she took for him, she clings onto his cape that Guts gave him and says something before passing out. I wonder what he tries to say by mouthing it with his lips. Thanks for any help.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Charlotte-joke.jpg

Seriously, no one knows for sure, since there's no text. It could be anything (Charlotte has her idea though).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ANAZARE2 said:
Hi,
Griffith mouths something to Charlotte when she and the Hawks come to his rescue. After Charlotte's poisoned by a dart she took for him, she clings onto his cape that Guts gave him and says something before passing out. I wonder what he tries to say by mouthing it with his lips. Thanks for any help.

According to Charlotte, he said he'd return to her.

puella

Berserk forever
"Griffith No More!" said:
According to Charlotte, he said he'd return to her.

Yeah, she said Griffith had said that so clearly and it seemed she's right.
But I always wonder how he could do it without the tongue. ;D
I personally think it's what she assumed and go for the idea nothing is clear on that.

Aazealh, that's a neat panel. Where did you get it or did you draw it?? When I tried to first figure it out I thought he said, "I love you" in japanese. If you were to lipread it and it's pronounced "Ow-sh-ta" or "Ash-ta", seems to be a nice case. Thanks for the replies.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ANAZARE2 said:
Aazealh, that's a neat panel. Where did you get it or did you draw it??

It's a parody drawn by a Korean artist named "Void", he did several books featuring similar humorous sketches over the years that were sold at conventions. It was originally posted here by Puella a few years ago along with an English translation, and I edited it a while after when the "SexyCharlotte" user registered to the board.

ANAZARE2 said:
When I tried to first figure it out I thought he said, "I love you" in japanese. If you were to lipread it and it's pronounced "Ow-sh-ta" or "Ash-ta", seems to be a nice case.

Who knows. Anyway, for further reference, you can find the scene where Charlotte affirms Griffith said he would return to her in volume 11, episode 67 (Breast Plate).

Those are hilarious. Way to go, Puella ...three years ago. funny how her misinterpretation causes him to sweat right through the mask :D

Top Bottom