New Farnese resin kit

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Wonder Festival 2005 (winter) has brought a new Berserk resin kit (on february 20th), depicting Farnese. It's crafted by a guy named "み~みゃん.GK" (mimyan GK).

It's available on Yahoo Japan auction and expected to sell for around 30,000円 (approximatively $285).

DSC006772.jpg

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Geez, it looks like me when I had a different haircut.  It's really awesome though.  I liked the one the guy did of Schierke, too.

250+$ for Farnese?!!!

Seriously.

I don't think anyone likes her THAT much to pay over 250$ for her.

Unpainted.

Serious!

If it was any other character, yea, but not her.

IMO.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
EndLeSS8 said:
250+$ for Farnese?!!!

Seriously.

Unpainted.

Serious!

IMO.

I agree. Maybe if it was a bit sexier.. showed some skin. But for just a blah Farnese sitting there.. not worth it.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
EndLeSS8 said:
250+$ for Farnese?!!!

Seriously.

Unpainted.

Serious!

IMO.

I don't know if you are aware how these kits come to be, but they are generally very expensive and very very rare. The majority of the kits sold at Wonderfest are crafted by individuals, they have to buy a temporary license from the company that owns the rights to the anime or manga in question, then they are limited to selling a set number of kits on the day of the show that their license is good for, I normally hear of numbers between 10 and 50 kits made, period.

So, people fight in lines and go through a lottery system to get a single kit, then many of them end up on auction sites because the people that ended up winning the lottery were doing so purely for re-sale. Then the fans fight it out for a limited number of auctions and the prices can be astronomical for a highly prized, high quality kit.

$250 is outlandish at all especially for a collector trying to build a set of characters from their favorite series. The rarity of the kits alone justifies the price of the collectible to many.

Master of the Obvious said:
I don't know if you are aware how these kits come to be, but they are generally very expensive and very very rare. The majority of the kits sold at Wonderfest are crafted by individuals, they have to buy a temporary license from the company that owns the rights to the anime or manga in question, then they are limited to selling a set number of kits on the day of the show that their license is good for, I normally hear of numbers between 10 and 50 kits made, period.

So, people fight in lines and go through a lottery system to get a single kit, then many of them end up on auction sites because the people that ended up winning the lottery were doing so purely for re-sale. Then the fans fight it out for a limited number of auctions and the prices can be astronomical for a highly prized, high quality kit.

$250 is outlandish at all especially for a collector trying to build a set of characters from their favorite series. The rarity of the kits alone justifies the price of the collectible to many.

Actually, I am very aware of kits at WHF. Even at that, this IS still an expensive kit. From the looks of it, this seems to be a 1/8 scale kit, and 280$ is a lot for a kit.
Usually models at WHF for 1/8 scale go for about 100-150$, even if it is really limited.
I check on a few series for WHF kits every season, notibly KOF, Berserk, Street Fighter, Masaki Mizuhara, and Ah! My Goddess, and all of the kits released at WHF that I've seen for the past 2 years (Unless they are really extravagant, or larger scale, like Belldandy ones) do indeed go for about 100-150$. The larger scale ones, even in limited numbers, go for about 200-300$. This to me, doesn't seem to be a larger scale one.
Exceptionally rare, or older models go for absurd prices thou.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndLeSS8 said:
Exceptionally rare, or older models go for absurd prices thou.

Well, there's no Farnese kit/statue/figure other than this one, so it can be considered rare indeed.

Besides, keep in mind that the $250-around price listed is what the first few kit sellers on Yahoo Japan intended to get, before other offers started to flourish, and certainly not the price it was originally sold at Wonderfest... I've seen it going for 12500円 ($120) since then. Anyway, I think we all know that online auctioneers make it a duty to try selling whatever they can for ridiculous prices.

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
EndLeSS8 said:
Usually models at WHF for 1/8 scale go for about 100-150$, even if it is really limited.

That's the whole point though, "At Wonderfest" they start out in the 100 to 150 dollar range before they are fought for and sell out, now you are looking at secondary market prices set by collectors and for lack of a better term, "Scalpers". I am not saying I like the price, but I can see how a collector could justify paying the price on the auction site, knowing the rarity and the difficulty of obtaining those kits. Anyhow, no use beating a dead horse, I think we are all on the same page, it sure would be nice if they were reasonably priced and accessible for us all.

Oh, i misunderstood.
I thought the 285$ was AT WonderFest price, which is why I said it's too expensive.

Ok, 280$ on Yahoo Japan Auctions sounds about right. A lot of Mai Shiranui 1/8 and Belldandy 1/8 WHF ones are like that; they are about 70-150$ at WHF themselves, but can and do go for about 180-280$ on Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Top Bottom