Imitation of Berserk

D

Drachenfels

Someone should cut this guy's balls of to teach him a lesson.

BOB

poruno sutâ
he probably has none

How about the story?
The "hero" looks much like if the manga is aimed at a younger audience. They should at least have made super-deformed characters then i guess

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
I think that the immotatian skull knight takes the cake. that was really goig to far of them.....
but the guy is a pretty good drawer. nothing compares to muira i might add, but pretty good.
but JESUS this guy even has the bandage on his hand and the throwing knives, has he no shame????????????????????????????
HE EVEN HAS A TATTY BLACK CLOAK! what is he called, the dark grey sowrdsman or maybe intestines??????
too mad, will stop now.... well not mad, maybe dissappointed.

Hectate

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
can someone say Rob Liefeilld?? Can't spell his last name, but Rob is an american comic "artist" ...

Who is this?! Lettme at e'm. The worse plagiarist in my world--is a plagiarist in my country!
:-X
Like DISNEY, or them geeky American artist, those doozy quacks (new artist mind you, not the old school by the like of Buscemi, etc.) :-X

It's great to be influenced--but blatantly COPYING the product out of another is just pure uncreative, greedy, and uhm..ya know..obtuse.. yes, I have my fare of share to teach the young ladies.

hmpf.

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
i agree with everyone... les actually take the time to make a dragonslayer, then tie this guy up.. then cut off each tlimb from him one by one.. oh and so he doesnt die before were done, well bandage up the wounds after each cut to stop the bloodflow! GRRRRR

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Personally I'd chop off his left forearm and put out his right eye.

Then he'd be an even better imitation. ;)

Berserk inspired level in Vampire Saviour?

If anyone has played the game and seen the "fetus of god" level, is it possible that this was inspired by Berserk?

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Cheesy Dragonslayer ripoff...

(Please feel free to move this if it's too lame for this section...)

My husband found this in a comic mag the other day.  I think this is the first American comic I've seen to blatantly rip off the Dragonslayer.  The only change the artist made was to the hilt. 
Also, I'm not sure what the deal is with the other character's mechanical hand.  Looks like it might shoot something.  Not that there haven't been other mechanical hands in comics and movies, but the combination of the two is funny.
My favorite thing is that the comic is called "Exploitation Now."  ;D
DSrip.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Cheesy Dragonslayer ripoff...

TheSkyTraveller said:
(Please feel free to move this if it's too lame for this section...)

The section is the good one, I merged it with an older thread on the same subject though. That comic looks pretty lame overall otherwise.

I also noticed that nobody gave the link to the Todono Hunters site yet, which focuses on pointing out what Seiuchiroh Todono, the author of Daemon Hunters (Akuma Kari), ripped off of other works (mostly Berserk).

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

TheSkyTraveller said:
My husband found this in a comic mag the other day. I think this is the first American comic I've seen to blatantly rip off the Dragonslayer. The only change the artist made was to the hilt.
Also, I'm not sure what the deal is with the other character's mechanical hand. Looks like it might shoot something. Not that there haven't been other mechanical hands in comics and movies, but the combination of the two is funny.
My favorite thing is that the comic is called "Exploitation Now." ;D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/teslar/DSrip.jpg

It's an old (now dead) webcomic, DragonSlayer girl hardly qualifies as a bit character.

redria said:
The guy in the back looks like a more masculine Casca

It's a chick.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Since we're at it, here's a shot from a demo of Castlevania DS, currently in development. DS indeed. ::)

CastlevaniaDS.jpg

As a side note, this one looks a lot less like the Dragon Slayer than "Ascalon" that you can find in "Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow" on Gameboy Advance, which is almost a carbon copy, only shorter since the game developers couldn't do otherwise (the in-game description text also makes it clear it's a reference to the DS). I expect them to include a perfect DS-clone in this one as well. Here's an image of the main character swinging Ascalon in Aria of Sorrow:

AoS-Ascalon.gif

There are a lot of other Berserk references in videogames, probably too much to list them all here I guess.

S

Some Guy

Headless Death said:
I used to read that Web Comic! :D

If you want, you can read it here.

It took quite a while for a story to develop, since the series was more about the gags.Yeah, a chick named Bush. LOL.

I've read about half-way through it and it's pretty funny, though pretty over-the-top. I don't see the DS as a rip-off in this since it seems a lot of material pokes fun at anime cliches and such. It doesn't look like its meant to be taken too seriously.

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Dragon Slayer in Samurai Western game

I notise the exact replica of the Dragon Slayer is feature in this game. Somewhere in this trailer shows it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4763&type=mov

I guess the gamemaker is a fan of Berserk.

What a rip-off!!!!!! >:( Those Samurai-Western bastards!! >:( >:( It just appears on a normal Equipment screen none the less. The dragonslayer is far from normal, and that guy is way to small to handle it. >:( >:( >:(

- C >:( >:( >:( >:(

PS. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I kinda want to download that Demon Hunters comic (stealing seems fitting for it, no?). It's like Berserk if you took away everything unique about Kentarou Miura's style and turned it into totally derivitive and cliche Japanese entertainment.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure

redria said:
The guy in the back looks like a more masculine Casca

If she was a mongloid.

Speaking of Berserk Rip-Offs, has anyone played FF7? Think about it.

Sephiroth has a long slender sword, silver hair, is a pretty boy, amasses a huge female fandom even though he's an asshole.

Cloud carries a beefy sword, has a screwed up childhood, keeps "almost dying", has a beefy sword, hates sephiroth and travels the entire god damn world to chase him down, and oh yeah, he has a big beefy sword.

Me and my friend TJ were conversing about this the other day, and while we came up with a huge list of things, we also remembered the following.

1) Theres a whole bunch of badguys in anime with long silver hair.
2) Theres a whole bunch of guys (good or evil) with beefy swords.

Conclusion being: With exception of Berserk and Bastard!, all japanese animation with beefy swords and/or silver haired pretty boy badguys needs to be burned.

Bastard wasn't all that good in my oppinion, by the way, it's just that the guy was such an asshole that I thought it was funny. Plus there was an IFRIT, which we all know is like, proprietory to SQUARE ENIX DOT COM (tm)(R). I am going to sleep now.

Headless Death said:
Is that supposed to be nightmare?

That's Siegfried, who is basically Nightmare, yeup.

C said:
What a rip-off!!!!!! >:( Those Samurai-Western bastards!! >:( >:( It just appears on a normal Equipment screen none the less. The dragonslayer is far from normal, and that guy is way to small to handle it. >:( >:( >:(

- C >:( >:( >:( >:(

PS. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I dunno, I mean, of course I'm not crazy about people ripping off of Berserk, but I think the addition of the DS is pretty cool. Definitely makes me want to play the game =). Just as long as people know where credit's due, I'm fine with it.

Top Bottom